What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

^^ Right, well I just want to be so kind and rusching it out then ;)

Jarhead

At least we will have 6 months to enjoy it, before the world ends :)

Edited by warrick

ha ha Damn right mate! :D Well, I though of releasing it 20th December 2012, but thats not fair I guess^^

Jarhead

Ha ha, oh I hope not mate^^ I guess you'r good shooter, don't know why, have a good feeling about that :D

While mixing three channels to one is usually a bit difficult to find a compromise. All over each other will ruin the sound, because the spikes are driven through the heights. Don't know how to explain in english:

We have three sounds then. Each sound has a highest level of the spikes. Three sounds together have three time larger spike and they will for sure getting over the levelborder of the highs and breack a valid sound.

But I can work around that! But also I would have to watch these sounds, the highs, to know what to add with what percentage part! So, 50% of sound one, 25% of sound two and 25% of sound three for example.

But feel free to test and take you time! No rush on that. We can just try it and see what we can archive with that. Be happy to hear some of these awesome stuff mate!

Jarhead

Heh, I compete in three gun comps locally. So missing by feet at that range would be a huge blow to my ego. No way I'm letting that happen. :P

And MrCrash has my idea outlined perfectly. I use the same process to get the highest dynamic range possible on live drum track recordings as well, so I know it should work out pretty smoothly.

I guess I let them like they are, if you don't like them, feel free to delete the JSRS_Movement_c.pbo

And here is the answer ;)

Heh, I compete in three gun comps locally. So missing by feet at that range would be a huge blow to my ego. No way I'm letting that happen. :P

And MrCrash has my idea outlined perfectly. I use the same process to get the highest dynamic range possible on live drum track recordings as well, so I know it should work out pretty smoothly.

Oh, I'm pretty sure you know how to archive an nice result! No worry on that part. So, you going to send me all three recordings or would you just mix them up already? Because I would be able, maybe, to get some other nice stuff with low and high recordings. Well, just take your time mate and tell me if you have done something ;)

Thanks alot mate!

Jarhead

Oh, I'm pretty sure you know how to archive an nice result! No worry on that part. So, you going to send me all three recordings or would you just mix them up already? Because I would be able, maybe, to get some other nice stuff with low and high recordings. Well, just take your time mate and tell me if you have done something ;)

Thanks alot mate!

Jarhead

Probably both. ;)

So, I going to ask the config pro around here! So Carl, listen please :D

I have several problems. I want to add the ARTY Incominsound in my config. Now I added this for example:

class ARTY_Flare_Medium: ARTY_Flare_Small

{

ARTY_IncomingSounds1[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly1.wss",db-20,1,2000};

ARTY_IncomingSounds2[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly2.wss",db-20,1,2000};

ARTY_IncomingSounds3[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly3.wss",db-20,1,2000};

ARTY_IncomingSounds4[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly4.wss",db-20,1,2000};

ARTY_IncomingSounds5[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly5.wss",db-20,1,2000};

ARTY_IncomingSounds6[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly6.wss",db-20,1,2000};

ARTY_IncomingSounds[] = {"ARTY_IncomingSounds1",16.6,"ARTY_IncomingSounds2",16.6,"ARTY_IncomingSounds3",16.6,"ARTY_IncomingSounds4",16.6,"ARTY_IncomingSounds5",16.6,"ARTY_IncomingSounds6",16.7};

};

Now the game says something like this in RPT: "Warning Message: Sound ARTY_IncomingSounds2 not found"

So I thought, ok, only one sound and did it like that in config:

class ARTY_Sh_122_LASNET: ARTY_Sh_122_NET

{

ARTY_IncomingSounds[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly4.wss",db-20,1,2000};

};

Now he says: "Warning Message: Sound \JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly4.wss not found"

Be aware, this is not a normal missing Wss entry! So it have something to do with the config, the sounds are there! The message "Warning Message: Sound \JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\ArtyFly.wss not found" is displayed INGAME!!!!!! It appears while ARTY is splashing. So anyone an idea? The Entry is from BIS for sure, I took it from the allinoneconfig of kju. There the entries are empty and looking like that:

class ARTY_Sh_Base: ShellBase

{

ARTY_IncomingSounds[] = {};

};

So please, anyone an idea? I trying now since two days... this shit is making me crazy!!!!!! AARHGHHHGHHGHGH Oh and theres another thing, I have these little entries:

class B_545x39_Ball: BulletBase

{

supersonicCrackNear[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\B_545x39_Ball",db-20,1,75};

supersonicCrackFar[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\B_545x39_Ball_far",db-20,1,500};

soundFly[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Fly\bullet_by4",db-20,1,150};

bulletFly1[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Bullet_545x39\bullet_by1",db-20,1,750};

bulletFly2[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Bullet_545x39\bullet_by2",db-20,1,750};

bulletFly3[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Bullet_545x39\bullet_by3",db-20,1,750};

bulletFly4[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Bullet_545x39\bullet_by4",db-20,1,750};

bulletFly5[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Bullet_545x39\bullet_by5",db-20,1,750};

bulletFly6[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\Bullet_545x39\bullet_by6",db-20,1,750};

bulletFly[] = {"bulletFly1",16.6,"bulletFly2",16.6,"bulletFly3",16.6,"bulletFly4",16.6,"bulletFly5",16.6,"bulletFly6",16.6};

};

But I'm not able to hear the bulletby ingame! No RPT error or so. And I tried with overallvolume entries like 1,1,750, i tried 5,1,750 and I tried 20,1,750... now I tried with db-20,1,750 since the soniccracks are working with that too... oh and the source sound is already as loud as the soniccracks, but I still only can hear the cracks... wtf

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

I dont think those configs are even used... are they? I know they aren't used outside of the default ArmA2 Artillery Module (not the OA Artillery Computer) for sure.

Yah I thought the same. Just beccause there are empty entries in the configs saying something like this:

class ARTY_Sh_Base: ShellBase

{

ARTY_IncomingSounds[] = {};

};

So, seems to be an undone work at least... kind of sad...

Jarhead

First off, amazing mod, I can't imagine playing without it now.

HOWEVER... (:p)

The explosion sounds, while awesome, are DEAFENINGLY loud for me. Like, practically making my ears bleed when I'm using headphones and making the headphones vibrate on my head. This is with all other sounds at a reasonable level.

I understand explosions are loud but it's kind of crazy right now...any way to tone it down a notch on the volume?

I haven't been following throughout the whole thread... I want to ask if anyone else has weird sound behavior when firing FFARs. I tested in Apache and Cobra, for example, if I fire 4-6 rockets, I get sound feedback like only 2 were fired... And second one cuts off in the middle, it really sounds awkward. I love the mod, I really do, but this is kinda annoying as I fly alot.

Afaik, crashing is known, but I couldn't find anything on this. What exactly happens by removing that pbo, does FFARs sound return to vanilla state?

Btw. thx for answer! Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to make sure we're talking about the same issue here.

I haven't been following throughout the whole thread... I want to ask if anyone else has weird sound behavior when firing FFARs. I tested in Apache and Cobra, for example, if I fire 4-6 rockets, I get sound feedback like only 2 were fired... And second one cuts off in the middle, it really sounds awkward. I love the mod, I really do, but this is kinda annoying as I fly alot.

Go into your game options/Audio and turn the Sample slider up.

This options displays how many sounds can be played at the same time

The Error appears of an Audioxl2.dll or something like that in the system32 Windows sys. Its basicly a strange error and I have no clue or any idea how to fix that. So you just should delete the FFAR.pbo and the FFAR_c.pbo in the JSRS_VW/AddOns folder! Do that and everything should be fine again mate ;)

Jarhead

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this great work. I just donated 5euros to say thanks!

So, I going to ask the config pro around here! So Carl, listen please :D

Hehe, sorry, haven't checked in here for a while. Can't really help you I'm afraid, I've never toyed with those configs myself, as I mostly do ambient sounds. And any arty thing I do I do with "fake sounds" scripted, because the doppler effect makes the sounds impossible to work with when kept real. I did try to apply negative doppler to compensate (sound is always recorded with doppler applied), but it just turned out hilarious. I've asked for doppler limiter and/or scaling config entries for Arma3 though, hope that makes it.

And no, I'm by no means a config pro :D

How do i use jsrs with ace 2? is there any conflict? using jsrs mod alone sounds much better than jsrs + ace 2! seems like ace 2 is covering up urs!

How do i use jsrs with ace 2? is there any conflict? using jsrs mod alone sounds much better than jsrs + ace 2! seems like ace 2 is covering up urs!

You have to go an delete the ACE_SM .pbos that overlap with JSRS.

You can still benefit from some unique ACE_SM sounds by leaving the _men and _main .pbos.