What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

The not-working Mk19 may an error of the config. You tried it on the AAVP? I know its working on this on my side. Maybe you using an different vehicle with an different entry needed.

I didn't try the AAV. Only the "open air" versions on a tripod or humvee. You had a very nice *clang-clang* firing sound for this weapon in older versions, why not bring it back?

And what does M270.pbo do if the M270 has no new sound? Same with ATGM.pbo. The TOW is the only ATGM with a JSRS sound. The HK417 is probably a config error as well, seeing how it's completely silent.

The M270 is the VEHICLE M270. NOT THE MRLS! Thats the MRLS.pbo in the VW folder, which probely not working ?!?!?!?... hmm... I tried alot with ATGM, broke my fingers to get this to work, without any result... I'm done with that thing, fuck this config shit! I tried to cover all AT or AA mobile weapons with the ATGM or TOW or what ever, but getting into the hell of configs I'm sick of it.. so sry.

Jarhead

ACE h417 gives no sounds.

HELI's sounds are AWESOME!!!

tonight i'm gonna test everything (or almost everything) .

The only real bug it's about HK417 concerning my quick test.

Have I done something wrong with this... Really wanna see what Mr jarhead have come up with?!

Some weapons are playing the original sounds and some are not.... Anyone else have this problem???

My targetline is: "-mod=C:\gamesl\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@jsrs_ace;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@warfx-bc;@warfx-s;@warfx-t;@warfx-l;@ace;@acex;@acex_usnavy;@acex_ru;baf" "-name=Anders" -nosplash -winxp -noFilePatching -maxMem=2047 -world=empty -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7

Have I done something wrong with this... Really wanna see what Mr jarhead have come up with?!

Some weapons are playing the original sounds and some are not.... Anyone else have this problem???

My targetline is: "-mod=C:\gamesl\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@jsrs_ace;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@warfx-bc;@warfx-s;@warfx-t;@warfx-l;@ace;@acex;@acex_usnavy;@acex_ru;baf" "-name=Anders" -nosplash -winxp -noFilePatching -maxMem=2047 -world=empty -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7

i put CBA-ACE-ACEX and after, all the rest,first sound mod than particles

At least what's the sense of putting JSRS_ACE before ace itself?

As downloaded, the folders should be using underscores, not dashes.

JSRS_v, not jsrs-v

And you don't even have JSRS_W up there, with all the handheld weapons!

Also, doesn't WarFX provide new sounds, potentially causing conflicts?

Found a few bugs such as missing sounds, some weapons having same sounds etc (M109 has same sound as M110). Overall it seems ok, few air assets seem a bit quiet though, personal preference I suppose. I like my air to be extremely loud and true to life, adds immersion when it comes to ACRE etc.

LJ said in the description that some sounds are still missing....

i have one thing: the radio chatter can be heard up to 500m +

you have to listen carefully but it is there

otherwise PURE AWESOMENESS

( but sadly my neigbhbours obviously dont like it ;) )

Edited by PurePassion

@LordJarhead

You Rock mate ;) I'm happy to see you're new release, and a honor to download it for play, its going to give me pleasure to play with it like it was a pleasure with your former releases!

Thank you :)

Kind regards

Wow, that was some cheeky tactics you used on us there LJ - here was me thinking it would be a few weeks away and wondering how I would manage to wait that long, and then suddenly here it is! Clearly you are a master of misinformation. :D

Will start the testing now. :)

this mod makes you feel like being actually in the combat!

thanks Jarhead for the amazing work!

Quick "bug" I found. A very nasty click in the Ext_High sound for the Stryker vehicle. Examining these sounds I notice they suffer from extreme clipping. The Stryker click seems to come from clipping artifacts, not non zero cross loop.

But, yeah, nice surprise :)

Thanks for the update, will check it out asap :)

edit:

HK416 sounds for the M27 IARs don't work :(

and

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'jsrs_hk417\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_SU25 in 'jsrs_su25_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_a10_c\'
Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Updating base class AGS30->MGun, by jsrs_ags_c\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/AGS17/
Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_humvee_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_humvee_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Engine/
Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_uaz_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Base/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_uaz_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Base/Sounds/Engine/
Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/
Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/
Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/
Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

Was really looking forward to this update, but it's sad to see these RPT messages. I hope you can fix them in a future update.

Edited by AnimalMother92

I'm getting no sound for the HK417 variants.

.rpt error:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s2.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s3.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s4.wss'

I have jsrs_hk417.pbo in the JSRS_ACE/addons folder

416's work ok .

Edited by [KH]Jman

Thank you LJ for v1.3 i will download this tuday.

As downloaded, the folders should be using underscores, not dashes.

JSRS_v, not jsrs-v

And you don't even have JSRS_W up there, with all the handheld weapons!

Also, doesn't WarFX provide new sounds, potentially causing conflicts?

No. An underscore is only required in the original foldername of the ACE folder of JSRS, as it looks like so: JSRS_ACE, however the rest have dashes in them. Looking at it as we speak.

LJ can you make radio endings a bit softer?

Some of those final shhh-beeeps start at high volume right away which produces an annoying clicky sound

Thanks Jarhead for this Mod but when i started the Game i have a error message.

Error:creating weapon AGS17 with scope=private