What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

jk ;)

this one's better I think:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

ok nvm just saw your post...kep it up jarhead! you're doing a great job and i'm looking forawrd to 1.3 (don't rush it)

Jarhead, you should take a look at the KVSK.

Right now it has two very different sounds. One of them is a loud, thunderous bang, like a 12.7mm gun going off. The other seems to be a slightly modified BI sniper rifle sound. Ew, I never want to hear that again. :P

Just reload after every shot and wait for the echoes to clear, and the sound should switch soon enough.

I have also noticed weapons such as M149s and M16/M4s changing their sounds between clips. Not sure if you regard it as a problem.

I reworked the big sniper rifles like AS50, M107 and KSVK. I may rework the M24 too, but I'll see this later...

Next week I will maybe rework some environments sounds. Well, its maybe about some weeks and I'm done with everything!

Jarhead

I reworked the big sniper rifles like AS50, M107 and KSVK. I may rework the M24 too, but I'll see this later...

Next week I will maybe rework some environments sounds. Well, its maybe about some weeks and I'm done with everything!

Jarhead

wait wait wait......M24 seems perfect in your last mod version.IMHO!

what's the problem?

great to hear that!

since i love sniping (especially the good ol M107 ;) ) i already say thanks a lot!!

Na, no changes on M24. I don't want to rework old sounds again if not Necessary! Don't worryyyyyy

Jarhead

So will you remove the 'phantom' sounds that some weapons have, only playing occasionally and sounding very different?

There are no phantom sounds in my version now. On the KSVK its gone totally I guess. I tried the weapon some times. Sound good, no strange sounds. On other weapons I had no phantom sounds. Sometime on the Snap and the Bulletby are some strange things, just because the engine playing with the rate of the sound.

Jarhead

Okay. It was just on the M4/M16 and SAW that I heard some alternate sounds, but that was a version or two ago.

At the moment im holding off with Playing (due to other things) but when this drops with War FX latest its going to be very refreshing :)

LoL, I'm doing the same thing as mrcash, having a break from Arma2 until the new JSRS gets released. Spent the last couple of months working on a miniature wargames army whilst patiently waiting for LordJarhead to work his magic.

As they used to say in the army, "All good things come to those that wait."

Keep up the great work, it is much appreciated!

NEWS

Here we go! J.S.R.S. 1.3 has been released some minutes ago!

Here is the first link for the download:

J.S.R.S. 1.3 FULL

The YOMA REPO tool will be updated later.

With the joyful news of the release I have still something new to report: I will take a brake of sound modding for a while and will not work further for Arma 2 and mods, for a while. My job with this mod I've done was a lot of jealously, pride and joy. I thank you also for your patience, your faithfulness to my mod and to me, your understanding, your openness, your cooperation, collaboration, participation, assistance and for your constant willingness to make this mod what it is today.

Many of the things in this mod, which make it a special Mod, are based on your posted videos and examples. Many of the new vehicles would not have occurred without your help. Many small noises were not there. Many of your inspirations and your experiences, even those who were really in a war situation and told me about that, I have to thank here completely! My thanks also was awarded to each player, who downloaded my mod and thanked me for that, my motivation for this immensely increased by this thanks! In general, I have to thank each of you! And my thanks to you is the new version today.

I wish every player a lot of fun with this mod! Your impressions and your experiences of generic playing are still very important to me! This thread will only affect those experiences and reports of playing with the mod, no isseus or error reports! Because I will not continue to work on J.S.R.S. 1.3. No updates or changes. If there is an really bad error, that will affect the gameplay, I will and HAVE TO fix this, of course. But after a long time of Betatesting, there should be no error!

At least, I have to thanks special persons for the Help with that Mod.

I really thank MarkXIII for all the help for growing up in this community, for the help at the beginnig and the provision of the HiFi configs! .kju for all the hard config stuff, DarkXess for the help, Carl Gustaffa for his great environment ideas, PvPscene for several fixes, DevHeaven Crew for the J.S.R.S. DevHeaven site, mrcash2009 (or 2010, 11 or whatever ;)) for all his constructiv comments, KBourne, Konrad, Slade!

I have to thank the Brigade2010 for the nice and great Betatest! Thanks Nik, Tonci87, KidDynamite, Donny, MadMike, DirtyHarry, EISENSCHWEIN, Berliner19 and all the others helping with the beta!!

Thank you so much for the great time here! Have fun and feel free to comment the new Version!!!

congratz dude :)

NEWS

Here we go! J.S.R.S. 1.3 has been released some minutes ago!

Here is the first link for the download:

J.S.R.S. 1.3 FULL

The YOMA REPO tool will be updated later.

With the joyful news of the release I have still something new to report: I will take a brake of sound modding for a while and will not work further for Arma 2 and mods, for a while. My job with this mod I've done was a lot of jealously, pride and joy. I thank you also for your patience, your faithfulness to my mod and to me, your understanding, your openness, your cooperation, collaboration, participation, assistance and for your constant willingness to make this mod what it is today.

Many of the things in this mod, which make it a special Mod, are based on your posted videos and examples. Many of the new vehicles would not have occurred without your help. Many small noises were not there. Many of your inspirations and your experiences, even those who were really in a war situation and told me about that, I have to thank here completely! My thanks also was awarded to each player, who downloaded my mod and thanked me for that, my motivation for this immensely increased by this thanks! In general, I have to thank each of you! And my thanks to you is the new version today.

I wish every player a lot of fun with this mod! Your impressions and your experiences of generic playing are still very important to me! This thread will only affect those experiences and reports of playing with the mod, no isseus or error reports! Because I will not continue to work on J.S.R.S. 1.3. No updates or changes. If there is an really bad error, that will affect the gameplay, I will and HAVE TO fix this, of course. But after a long time of Betatesting, there should be no error!

At least, I have to thanks special persons for the Help with that Mod.

I really thank MarkXIII for all the help for growing up in this community, for the help at the beginnig and the provision of the HiFi configs! .kju for all the hard config stuff, DarkXess for the help, Carl Gustaffa for his great environment ideas, PvPscene for several fixes, DevHeaven Crew for the J.S.R.S. DevHeaven site, mrcash2009 (or 2010, 11 or whatever ;)) for all his constructiv comments, KBourne, Konrad, Slade!

I have to thank the Brigade2010 for the nice and great Betatest! Thanks Nik, Tonci87, KidDynamite, Donny, MadMike, DirtyHarry, EISENSCHWEIN, Berliner19 and all the others helping with the beta!!

Thank you so much for the great time here! Have fun and feel free to comment the new Version!!!

Here there was a new version on mine of the most realistic sound mod for ARMA2,

LordJarhead thanks for the hard job made you over mod.

LordJarhead

It is the full version in archive or only its first part, there will be still subsequent parts of archive on downloading?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Thats the whole package, no other DLs needed. JSRS 1.3 contains everything you need and more. Unpacked is the mod size about 1 gb!

Jarhead

Well, crap, I'll have to resist installing this so I don't flunk out of school by playing instead of studying for finals.

Hm... Is my IQ level too low, or is the download link not working?

Hm... Is my IQ level too low, or is the download link not working?

It should be click, then open or save.

I don't see how you could mess that up, so try it with a different browser or something.

Well, crap, I'll have to resist installing this so I don't flunk out of school by playing instead of studying for finals.

And I will download mod 6-7 hours with such as at me the tariff for the Internet