What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

1 Gb mod 30-40 min downloading and im gona play :) No problem with big files. Im lucky.

seperating them into vehicles (+air), weapons, environmental, explosions(+cracks, hits etc..), Reinforcement (PMC,BAF), ACE

would be a good idea

but most of us would propably also accept long downloads!! ;)

the waiting will be worth it!

Now that I have Arma 2: reinforcements, I'll be glad to download one bigass package of pure awesomeness to play ACE like a boss.. :681:

Maybe I can get some bits back while compressing via winrar or other stuff! But this is intense. No, insane! ^^ I guess I really have to split the mod into different download, like weapons, vehicles and environment and BAF/ACE stuff.

Not on six-updater yet? Seriously, save yourself the hassle of worrying about download size and let it minimize bandwidth use for you (it downloads changed parts only). Then you can just deal with one whole-addon folder which you can still also zip and upload elsewhere for those who don't care or don't want to use SU.

I wouldn´t even care if it was 2 GB big, bring on the Sound^^

I wouldn´t even care if it was 2 GB big, bring on the Sound^^

Same here,2gigowatt or 3gigowat i don't care lol

quality fisrt:cool:

No problem @LordJearhead, I'm glad to help.

Some Honda and Yamaha (FZ1 Fazer;)), Mobra, Jawa:p sound, I don't know if it is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbEvyUX1sM&feature=related

choose to go;)

No matter how big is your soundmod, quality first, UNSUNG has 3 GB.

Ha ha ha... thanks mate^^ But at least I have to say we have nothing like these babys ingame I'm afraid. We have something like that

arma2_vehicles_civilian_10.jpg

like PurePassion posted. THIS THING WITH THE ENGINE SOUND OF AN YAMAHA OR FZ1 FAZER???? Ha ha ha^^

Jarhead

PS: THE MOBRA'S!!! hahaa

Edited by LordJarhead

THIS THING WITH THE ENGINE SOUND OF AN YAMAHA OR FZ1 FAZER???? Ha ha ha^^

Jarhead

PS: THE MOBRA'S!!! hahaa

Well, I don't think anyone will be upset because of this haha:p

So, most vehicles are fixed and working now. The new ones are sounding really well, I'm happy about that part. Reworked the explosions config, the environment config and the soniccracks config because I was a bit disturbed about the NEAR soniccracks which occur within 300 meters :o That was not so good, corze I was always hearing this cracks but was not directly in the fire direction, not even in front of the shooter! So this has an end now.

So I really want to play now a bit with the new stuff, but I have an question. In the Single player missions is this option, "my mission" where I can droped via helicopter in one of the islands, maps and getting from time to time different missions and tasks. My question is now: How can I make myself some one else than an German KSK Desert Camo Soldier??? I play in Chernaruss, its not really nice though. Any ideas?

Jarhead

Jarhead I have one Issue, I played a mission as a Russian where you have to get to an ambushed russian convoi and help them. NAPA was attacking the convoi, so all russian Weapons in the area (AK-107, AK 74, AK 74 M Variants [ACE_X, AKS, AKM and so on]) . I noticed that I could hear Rifle reloading Sounds while approaching the fight. Only thing is, I could hear those reloading Sounds but wasn´t even near enough to hear the gunfire.... :confused:

And if you hesitate to release such a monster download, listen to this.

http://soundcloud.com/uppermost/uppermost-do-it

Hmm, maybe an error in one of the configs. Gonna check the the configs and respond when finding something!

And second: I really like this stuff! Electro is so nice dude :P

EDIT:

Got it, class AKS_74_U! reload sounds 1900 meter :D omg, *FIXED*

Hey Jarhead, I think one of the HK416 firing noises has a bit of "talking" at the end, possibly from the video or whatever it's from. It's not that noticeable but I can make it out occasionally.

Another +1 from me about being fine with the size, I'm on an SSD, but it'll be nice to have 1 complete package with sounds for everything :)

Hey mate, sure gonna check the "voices" part, I guess I already now what you mean, there was a gun with that but I don't know which one. So I gonna check the HK's first.

Thanks again,

Jarhead

Well, would be interesting to make an SM with mouthmade sounds? I guess not, maybe in CSS or stuff like that, but not in here^^ Try to imagine: You walking and the sound is speaking: Walk walk walk run run run run sprint sprint sprint, stand, breath, soniccracks, AK AK AK AK AK AK, lay down lay down, "FOUR"............. "is down"

Jarhead

Or instaed of Firung you hear "Damn" could be interesting with full Auto fire ^^

lol, I did a sound mod for CS long time ago, all weapons fx made with my voice, like, bang! boom! atatatat! that was hilarious

Well, would be interesting to make an SM with mouthmade sounds? I guess not, maybe in CSS or stuff like that, but not in here^^ Try to imagine: You walking and the sound is speaking: Walk walk walk run run run run sprint sprint sprint, stand, breath, soniccracks, AK AK AK AK AK AK, lay down lay down, "FOUR"............. "is down"

Jarhead

Find a couple of really good beatboxers and have fun with the microphone lol

Updated Changelog

Most importan is:

Added new Vehicles and Sounds:

JSRS_BRDM

JSRS_UAZ

JSRS_Kamaz

JSRS_Vodnik

JSRS_BTR40

JSRS_AH1

JSRS_BMP3

All fat marked entries are the new stuff I woked on so far. Not much on the list, but much in time in the editor.

Check it out if you want,

Jarhead

EDIT:

Reworked indoor sounds for following vehicles:

Abrams, AAVP, BMP, BMP3, Kamaz, UAZ, URAL, T34/55/72/90, Lav25, Vodnik, MTVR, STRYKER, BRDM, BTR40/60/90

The goal is to let the player believe he find himself in a small or large metallic area/room. The larger the vehicle, the more depth prevails in the room. Think of this like you sit in the car and then enter a bus or the train. The sound is brighter and sounds, even very small sounds, will be heard more clearly. The sound will rise up!

So to create this illusion I used a sound of an old bus. This can be thought of as a large metal body, which except for the few seats is almost hollow. You can imagine how loud it was, though. And the smallest sounds are glueing all. Accordingly, the engine noise is very audible. Transmission and translation yelp in the background all the time. The creak of the shock absorbers and suspension will be heard, at least on Cars. Then there are the appropriate engine noise of each vehicle. The hum of an M1A2 Abrams gas turbine or diesel engine of a Russian tank.

Well, should be interesting I guess, sounds awesome to me.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Nice, a bunch of old standby's on there. The 'depth' thing is hard to describe. Upload a few seconds of interior sounds if you have the time.

I see the M134 on the changelist. Does it sound more like at 1:02 in this video? I think I posted one without rotor noise at one point.

Edit: I'm a moron, I forgot the link. Search on youtube for 'M134 vs M240' if you need material.

Edited by maturin

Very good concept you got there!

Really looking forward to No 1.3!!

Weiter so! Kann es schon kaum erwarten wie sich deine Ideen dann später anhören!

Thanks, I was really trying to get this feeling of being inside an metallic room like an tank or stuff. I will make an Video to show some new Stuff as well.

And I gonna make an whole new sound for the M134 (or was it 136?) to get more lifelike with that thing. So as the M240 COAX.

Jarhead

Ich bin gespannt wie das alles ankommt, die Erwartungen sind ziemlich gestiegen!