What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

you already have the shaking (BI engine) and regarding the sound, i think you should wait for Nr 1.3 to be released ;)

and dont forget if you dont like the sound, you can use another one

check RWS ;) they have an very good A1 aswell!

btw the abrams doesnt produce a lot of bass and deep sounds, because his Honeywell AGT 1500 turbine engine makes an rather light sound

another btw @ LJ did i just find your soundsource for the startup? ;)

you already have the shaking (BI engine) and regarding the sound, i think you should wait for Nr 1.3 to be released ;)

and dont forget if you dont like the sound, you can use another one

check RWS ;) they have an very good A1 aswell!

btw the abrams doesnt produce a lot of bass and deep sounds, because his Honeywell AGT 1500 turbine engine makes an rather light sound

another btw @ LJ did i just find your soundsource for the startup? ;)

Na, if you mean A NEW one, I guess so, I gonna use this ,ha ha! Thanks mate!

Thanks Pure that illustrated your point well.

It's just when I think about a tank coming up to my position I would expect it to shake the ground and have a deep powerful sound to it. Maybe Jarhead is right, maybe adding more bass makes the shit crack up but I would say the explosions from the GBU has plenty of more base and it doesn't crack my speakers...

I know very little about sounds, all I am offering is my opinion.

No, I was not talking about your speakers, I was talking about the soundfile which is already close to the edge. With more bass the sound highs would overcracking and you would hear an loud crispy shit. Trust me, I wanted to add more bass as well, but the sound is not good enough for this though, so sry. But with the new on from Pure I'm maybe able to get what you want!

Jarhead

haha no problem mate! :) looking (or should i say "hearing" ;) ) forward to the new sound!!

this + your interior concept = <3 ;)

and @Ironman

i think LJ is trying to say, that it would sound something like this if he would overdo it

Edited by PurePassion

I just found out that someone has released a soundmod for CS:S with MY SOUNDS and indicates they were his!!!

http://www.gamebanana.com/sounds/15273

I'm getting a little annoyed. What should I write to him, what do you think? He has given fortunately his email address. Can't believe this. Did we really have to safe or work in future for this kids? I mean, when there would credits to me or stuff like that...

Jarhead

RWS sounds familiar to me ?!?!

i would definitely tell him, that he has to put it down ( start with an friendy tone-

if he disagrees you have our back and support so maybe we can send him some nice mails to convince him he should put it down ;)

but just if he is an complete asshole

but to be honest, you will have a hard time forbidding him to use your sounds, because they are open source

wenn dir das gar nicht passt, muss vlt beim nächsten mal eine .exe mit AGB's her....

aber naja einfach mal warten was er sagt

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

or we could start it in an very friendly way

somebody contacts him via steam, best one would be you LJ

you tell him "how good your soundmod is" and then ask him "how did you do them? are they selfmade or recorded?"

maybe he admits it and if he does, i think you can talkto him and tell him that he has to understand you, show some respect and put it down

if he wont do it we take Plan B ;)

found out that he is from Poland ;)

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

ok just saw that you already "talked" to him

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Contact the site that hosts the mod as well.

that is something you should do anyways!

kill him..it's probably the best thing to do.

No what I suggest is exactly what Purepassion said...try to make him admit he's using your sounds

Well, he's as that stupid to put an email in the informations. So I wrote a little text, something like this:

Hi, I wanted to ask you, where you got these nice sounds from? Are these selfmade man? Really awesome sounds! Anymore of them in future?

:D I know, I'm a little asshole. Also I deleted my comment as well on the site. I contacted one of the Admins of the site, BigDog:

Hi BigDog,

I would like to introduce myself. I am known under the name LordJarhead here and in other forums and as a sound modder. I'm a audiodesigner and I made ​​many soundmods.

So, I don’t want to talk big, I have found this on: http://www.gamebanana.com/sounds/15273

The member, Precel123pl, is releasing this mod, Real Warfare Soundmod or so under HIS name. But ALL, I mean really ALL sounds are stolen fomr this mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104514

Its my mod. I’m working on this more than 4 years, including more than 1200 sounds, more than 250.000 downloads. Well, he just stole it. There's nowhere to see my name or the name of the mod, not even in the information or in the Readme. At least, I have a copyright on them too. So this could be getting bad for this guy. Now I’m asking you, what I, or what WE could do in this case?

You banish such people? I don’t know, but something like this cannot be happening. I have invested so much free time in this mod! So some could may show some respect. Or did I see this wrong? Should we say, work on own risk? I don’t think so.

So please, let me know what we can do in this case.

Greetings,

LordJarhead

We'll see what this will bring. Well, what an disrespect to put such good sounds from the best simulation ever to a game like CS:S :( I played it by myself, but these sounds are not for such fast games, not even for such small maps!!!

Im deutschen Urheberrecht heist es, das ich allein durch die Idee, den Gedanken, die Rechte an der Idee, der Entsehung, der Weiterentwicklung und aller darauf basierenden Projekte und geistigen Eigentum besitze! Niemand ist in der Lage dies anzufechten (es sei denn, es ist Staatlich)

For such reasons, it is always a question of publishing your work really or not. That was another good reason not to do it. But you and your loyalty to me are more important than some anti-socials.

Sry guys, I just had to complain about it and you are probably the perfect choice, because you like the mod, you know me and I mostly post here.

Thanks so much,

Jarhead

PS: The best thing he did was to add this:

Key Authors

* Precel - Everything you're seeing here

Edited by LordJarhead

Sorry to hear this.

It woulden't have been so ard to just ask you and leave a credit note....

But we still love your hard work here and we love your hard work on this addon!

I just hate to see people stilling others work. It really pisses me off. I've seen it done a lot of times.

Anyway, I do think your sound mod is really good. In fact I just can't play ArmA2 anymore, without it.

Would you consider to make a sound modification for CWR2? It would be the ice over cake.

Well, sounds interesting. When I'm done with 1.3 and have enough time, I guess I would like to do this. But I want to concentrate on one project at a time. 1.3 is just more important atm.

Thanks guys,

Jarhead

Yeah LJ, that's a major pain in the ass to happen. I don't understand such mentality really. It takes me roughly a minute or two (depending on how long-winded I get, lol) to write up a polite email/private message to someone stating my full intentions and ask permissions. Usually people are very polite back and very helpful. So I don't get where these morons think it's better to just steal other peoples stuff and then to place themselves as the creator too? Extremely low and pathetic to say the very least.

Well, I'm certainly glad you decided not to pull your project in spite of all this frustration and hope someone steps up and deals with that jackass. Keep up the great job, mate. You are constantly ever-improving and exciting to see what you do with 1.3. :D

Key Authors

* Precel - Everything you're seeing here

thats correct! you dumbass are the author of this whole post and nothing more! ;)

Lets wait what the admin says

and get back to 1.3

and @LJ if you are still looking for some more quality sounds, it would be a pleasure for me to help you!

if you want i can also already download them in .wav or the format you want and send them to you via msn or other

just tell me what you want ;) :P

JSRS FTW!!!

Thanks pure,

Its a bit strange with the videos, I always have to SEE the sounds. Its an stupid-brain-thing I guess^^ But I cannot only put the sound to an specific vehicles or so wihtout see the video to this. Than I repeat the video and listen to it blind to get audible aspects as well.

High quality video are always nice to have, corze there are not many good videos with an nice sounds though. If you find any good videos, don't be shy, post them or send me an PM mate ;)

Thanks alot for this.

Jarhead

EDIT:

Well, nice and easy trashed :D http://www.gamebanana.com/sounds/15273

Trash Notice

This submission has been trashed! It'll be permanently deleted at 12AM UTC.

Trash Reason

Stolen. Removed per request of original author

BigDog trashed the mod and the site. Looks like thats it. Hope there not anymore of these guys.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

file closed!

@ LJ do you have some particular vehicles in your mind

I'm willing to search the shit out of youtube! ;)

Or that great to hear pure. Ah let me think....

Maybe some russian old military trucks, I need some sounds fixes for some russian vehicles like BTR60, UAZ... ural... and the utility truck.

Some US like AAVP, Bradley and Stryker (these two has top priority) and than.... old diesel engines for some civ vehicles. Well, all kind of vehicles. Oh and maybe some Jet sounds, A10 is fine, but I want to make AV8 and the SU too!

So, much work I guess, is that ok for you? Well, just take a look, and if you find anything, just let me know! I am grateful for that mate.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

dirty thieft

An one-armed bandit :D

@PurePassion

"find out that this guy is from Poland" very funny :p.

@LordJarhed

I think yours sound mod is the best. I cant wait for v1.3. Your sound mod is awsome.

Thanks mate ;)

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Thanks pure for the Abrams vids in past. I could do something with it.

Heres the result:

Hope you guys like it, at least it has an better frequency structure than the last abrams, so there are much space for improvements.

Jarhead

Well, sounds interesting. When I'm done with 1.3 and have enough time, I guess I would like to do this. But I want to concentrate on one project at a time. 1.3 is just more important atm.

Thanks guys,

Jarhead

Sure m8. I've listened one of your 1.3 videos, and he's becoming really impressive.

Indeed you got a lot of talent.

Thanks for all your efforts in making ArmA a better game.

Wow great sounds there. Looking forward to what you can do with OS Blastcore SFX mod ;)

ok LJ found some good videos of the A-10 and Bradley but damn the Stryker is hard to find...

especially ennoying is that there exists an actor called "Bradley Stryker" ;)

gonna check them again and post them here or via PM to you tommorrow

best greetings PP

btw VERY NICE new Abrams!

Edited by PurePassion

Nice Abrams Sounds.

Vergiss nicht, wenn du Betatester brauchst, wir stehen zur Verfügung. Referenzen: ich hab schon bei der ACE closed Beta mitgemacht^^