What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hi TacKLed,

Are you sure you're running Arma2 + Operation Arrowhead as a combined game? From that error error it sounds as if you're only running Arrowhead..

Actually that error means he's NOT running OA. It's looking for CATracked_E (the _E means expansion).

Actually that error means he's NOT running OA. It's looking for CATracked_E (the _E means expansion).

Hahahaha I thought _E was for environment sounds (3rd person view sounds)

In order to load saved game files with JSRS, you may need to delete certain .pbos that provide OA content.

There's something wrong, my m2hb doesn't sound like a m2hb, but rather a m240.

topic still alive? I hope so

Really looking forward to the sounds of Humvee and next release

Edited by andriy_a

It was until you just killed it andriy_a. Not only that, but you also killed some baby kittens JUST for asking !

Seriously, a waste of a first post. Could have done SO much better.

It was until you just killed it andriy_a. Not only that, but you also killed some baby kittens JUST for asking !

Seriously, a waste of a first post. Could have done SO much better.

we talk about mod, not about me and my first post

mod is fantastic and all here waiting for the next release

Yeah! where is my JSRS 1.3? uh?

jk, waiting for the next release :)

topic still alive? I hope so

Really looking forward to the sounds of Humvee and next release

FPDR sorry...

Ouhhh, I'm sorry guys. I was working so hard the last weeks and days, I was totally done at every evening and had to chill instead of working for the mod. The last days I was just needing to do something else and was playing PS3 or stuff like that. My hobby car is eating much time too. Had to rework the compressor which was lagging around 0.7 - 0.8 psi in lieu of 1.1+. So much seek and destroy work and that was eating all my free-time so far.

Of course this mod is alive :butbut:! I know I have not reported a while now and it was really quiet about JSRS. But don't worry, I will have some more time soon to work again on this. Just have to find a bit motivation and excitation to work again ;).

My Humvee was done so far. It sound not like an real humvee using in the army corze I had to use and 6.2 Diesel Turbo for the sounds. So there is a little whistle to hear while driving from the outside. Indoor should be fine so far. I was using an sound from an 6.2 Diesel LandRover and an sounds from COD to make this .... crackling and all the noises inside of an Humvee. I will make an Video of this soon. After this I have to rework the explosions config and have to work on the missing sounds for the BMP3 (/start and off sounds) as well on the new vehicles I wanted to add. Same goes for the planes, I want to make sounds for all US and Russian planes, ALL at least^^.

So still enough work to do. But hey, this is still alive. Just slow :D As an pensioner or so^^ So don't worry, I will come back soon with more sounds, new sounds, new stuff, configs, with new ideas and stuff like that! I know I have often said, but please have a little patience with me!

Thanks for your loyalty, I trust you like you can trust ME, I will go on!

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Why does the L11A1 sound like a M240? Its just a 50 cal with a scope!

hey, how to make the JSRS mod as a must requirement to the mission? is there any way? just wondering if there is, that must be cool :yay:

Haha, Thanks mates ;) This should help me out guys!

The L11A1 are just on BAF Placeholder. I was not able until now to make really good sounds for this weapons.

Thank you guys so much,

Jarhead

hey, how to make the JSRS mod as a must requirement to the mission? is there any way? just wondering if there is, that must be cool

I think you should just enable the soundmod and make the mission with the mod.

Not an expert here.. :s

I think you should just enable the soundmod and make the mission with the mod.

Not an expert here.. :s

I always design missions with JSRS on, doesn't make any requirements on the mission (I'm glad it doesn't).

When you are done editting the mission, open up mission.sqm and under the addOns[] array, add in the addon name for JSRS (not sure what the name is off by heart).

I'm pretty sure that will cause a dependency.

Great soundmod! Lookin' forward to new vehicle sounds!

Yeah, I miss those days when this topic was allways in the first page, so...

Well, i miss these days too my friend ;) I have an injury on my right wrist. An inflammation of the joint capsule or something. So that means that next week I can not go to work and thus have enough time for computer stuff! So I can really pack a punch of work today already, try to remove the last errors and develop the additional content. In addition, I will try to make a video of the new Humvee sounds and upload it as soon as possible!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead