What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Can you make the guns louder?

I don't think it's possible for them to be louder. Turn up your volume.

I guess it would be difficult to make them louder! The sound would getting destroyed at least!

So, thanks guys for the Videos, I'm done with the Humvee. Its all I can do with it, there was no way for me to make it better. I will make an video and show you the new sounds!

Thanks guys,

Jarhead

I will make an video and show you the new sounds!

Thanks guys,

Jarhead

Good News! I'm excited!

Weiter so!

I'm really looking forward to the next release :)

Have you done anything to the ATGMs?

I'm really looking forward to the next release :)

Have you done anything to the ATGMs?

Only the TOW, as I recall, but I may have forgotten a few.

No, no ATGM's so far Mate. First I wanted to play around with the movement abit. Was playing an sneak mission and I was hearing how loud the soldiers moving while using the "walk" sounds. So I made them lower and created whole new gear sounds. No clicking, clacking or what ever for stupid noises. I thought they where cool, and they was, but totally unrealistic. First thing learn in the army: Everything on your equipment making noises has to be silence!

Next thing is the BTR40, Shilka, the rest of the BMP3 sounds and adding more gear sound for each army, opfor or blufor.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

I know some people commented on adding much more bass. There really is way to much metalic sound, at least to my ears.... here is a decent video if you haven't seen it yet...

That shows driving, and shooting sounds of a M1A2. Hope it helps.

I know some people commented on adding much more bass. There really is way to much metalic sound, at least to my ears....

I also think that we need more "touching" bass for distance sound, but for normal sounds you have to be careful with too much bass, cause otherwise they sound too soft and you loose the respect for those guns (like in cod or MoH...)

But when OS comes out with his distance script, i think we can achieve even better results!

But when OS comes out with his distance script, i think we can achieve even better results!

Thats what I talking all the time! Just this mod will change so much in future, when it work!

Jarhead

Don't know if it's a matter of your sound mod i'm using. But i don't have a sound when launching the vanilla BIS scud launcher. I tried it yesterday. I launched the scud via trigger and the sound was missing.

Don't know if it's a matter of your sound mod i'm using. But i don't have a sound when launching the vanilla BIS scud launcher. I tried it yesterday. I launched the scud via trigger and the sound was missing.

Must be another mod causing it, I use JSRS and I don't have an issue with it.

Hey LoardJarhead i have something for you,i hope it deserves your attention!

What about those 2 videos about L85a2?They seem super to me

GsepqkRuftc

Guw2yRLspk8

Really dig what JSRS have accomplished with the more dynamic sound effects such as tank track "screech" when turning hard plus the "klonk's" when driving over bumps. Dont know how he achieved that, but the immersion is upped a lot.

Cheers for the hard work. :)

Thanks Isola for the Vids, thanks alex for the nice words.

I know I wanted to show you the new Humvee sounds. Later thought... I was reworking so much in the last time. So here are some minor thinks which wasn't on the To Do list, but I was working on them anyways:

First ALL 1188 bullethits are totally reworked. The 9mm sounds the same, I think they are so rare ingame, its making no sense to work on them. I rework all FAR Soniccracks and nearly all bulletby's. Reworked the movement a bit. New Gear sounds and the WALK sounds are much lower in volume.

Added the RPG18 and reworked ALL Explosionsounds. Now there is a big BANG, shortly after it, its getting quietly! Then again, according to the echo. A nice effect which allows the imagination of a temporary hearing loss while standing right next to it.

I also made a video to show some of the effects, but in first way its just for fun while playing with the new stuff. But I thought I have to show you this, because there is a long way to the final version and its a long time till this. So its something for the boredom^^

Uploading soon guys, Thanks so much

Jarhead

Really top work LordJarhead, keeps getting better all the way. Cant wait for them vehicle sounds. As what iv seen in some vids that you have up there sounding tops. Keep that good work going.

First ALL 1188 bullethits are totally reworked. The 9mm sounds the same, I think they are so rare ingame, its making no sense to work on them. I rework all FAR Soniccracks and nearly all bulletby's.

*cackles with delight*

I need to put myself in harm's way again.

I really want to see (I mean, hear :p) those sound rework

can you please change the sound of the bullethit when it hit a metal surface like vehicles? it sounds really weird :s

I really want to see (I mean, hear :p) those sound rework

can you please change the sound of the bullethit when it hit a metal surface like vehicles? it sounds really weird :s

What's weird about it? It's may be a bit overstated, but you head for the hills when you hear the rounds breaking up and scattering all over the car.

Great work LordJarhead, you got the snippet/teaser on 1.3 for us to see or should I say hear?

My headset is broken. So no JSRS for me today :pet5:

The new one will hopefully arrive tomorrow:yay:

What's weird about it? It's may be a bit overstated, but you head for the hills when you hear the rounds breaking up and scattering all over the car.

not all the hit sounds, just 1 or 2

1:05 in this video, is like a swiiiinnng! shuuing!! whatever, weird sound

TF4nma9Bt8s

Those sounds are actually quite good. They are ricocheting bullets