What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

or Humvee sounds... I would really like to work on these vehicles, especially the Humvee is a important thing I guess, even because they're popular in this game, and they really really need a bit love :P

Jarhead

Yeesss, my prayers were heard!:yay:

so i guess that i can finally hope for some decent Humvee sounds!

so i guess that i can finally hope for some decent Humvee sounds!

He he, me either mate :D

Jarhead

EDIT:

Here you can hear about

I made. They're sound maybe nearly the same as RWS, but I can tell ya, this soundfile is the old one you now already have, just with a new config in there made with the nice help of Slade! We was just using the same soundsource for our Abrams's, so they'll hear nearly the same at least :o

But take a look anyways.

Edited by LordJarhead

The Abrams is spot on perfect. I am getting very excited.

Abrams is very good but as you say, not so different from those already available. The Russian tanks on the other hand are really something special and endow each vehicle with its proper character. Looking forward to your Humvees.

Are you going to make new BMP-3 Sounds as well?

The Abrams is spot on perfect. I am getting very excited.

Hehe, me too^^ Thanks mate.

Yep, the Abrams sounds perfect.
Abrams is very good but as you say, not so different from those already available. The Russian tanks on the other hand are really something special and endow each vehicle with its proper character. Looking forward to your Humvees.

Thanks guys! Yah, the problem is I have to make a new one because RWS is using the same source like me. Someday he was showing me his Abrams sounds and so it seems, that we used the same video for it! Sadly :P

Are you going to make new BMP-3 Sounds as well?

Sure, why not? I'm on it! ;)

As already said: I really appreciate all kinds of Vehicle Video (just with nice sound, no music or people speaking on it [Like documentaries or so]) you post! Its just helps to make this mod a bit, no, MUCH better ;)

Thanks so much,

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey, thanks mate! I should work with them! This thing is F*CKING LOUD DUDE!^^

Edited by LordJarhead

EDIT

Thanks again for the videos, one of them was really helping me out and now I know how this thing sounds like!

Tell me, if you have any criticism! But at all, I really like this sound. It's getting some small fixes and so on. But at least, the sound will be like this.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Nice.

My only comment is that the main gun doesn't sound too different from the autocannon. It is a short, loud BOOM, that fades quickly into the reverb. Usually large caliber cannons are differentiated by having a 'longer' sound, with an initial boom that lasts a bit longer.

Thanks guys! Yah, the problem is I have to make a new one because RWS is using the same source like me. Someday he was showing me his Abrams sounds and so it seems, that we used the same video for it! Sadly :P

Jarhead

I see nothing to be sad about. It sounds like and Abrams Tank as it should. Two great modders made a good sound using the same ideal source, I call that smart.

Anyways...

I was looking for Humvee sound and most I've seen have music dubbed over them instead of the beautiful music made by the 6.2 diesel. Others are nice but they have soldiers yelling, so I searched for 6.2 diesel sound instead and found some various ones. I don't do sound so I guess you will have to be the judge of good or not.

Actually some are 6.5L:

Good one I think. :D

I'm sure there are better ones to be found, but I hope this was helpful.

That BMP3 sounds great jarhead but just one question. How did the shell casing for the main gun be ejected, @1:50. Is that part of another mod?

Thanks again for the videos, one of them was really helping me out and now I know how this thing sounds like!

Tell me, if you have any criticism! But at all, I really like this sound. It's getting some small fixes and so on. But at least, the sound will be like this.

Suggest it needs a cough or splutter added to the the engine off, the fade out sounds a bit weak as it is.

Nice.

My only comment is that the main gun doesn't sound too different from the autocannon. It is a short, loud BOOM, that fades quickly into the reverb. Usually large caliber cannons are differentiated by having a 'longer' sound, with an initial boom that lasts a bit longer.

Yah I know, I was just reworking the sound for the video, and JUST for the video. I will make a whole new one soon.

I see nothing to be sad about. It sounds like and Abrams Tank as it should. Two great modders made a good sound using the same ideal source, I call that smart.

Anyways...

I was looking for Humvee sound and most I've seen have music dubbed over them instead of the beautiful music made by the 6.2 diesel. Others are nice but they have soldiers yelling, so I searched for 6.2 diesel sound instead and found some various ones. I don't do sound so I guess you will have to be the judge of good or not.

Actually some are 6.5L:

Good one I think. :D

I'm sure there are better ones to be found, but I hope this was helpful.

Wohaaa.... lot of work you did there! Thanks mate! Definitely gonna use some of these! THANKS!

That BMP3 sounds great jarhead but just one question. How did the shell casing for the main gun be ejected, @1:50. Is that part of another mod?

Its WarFX Blastcore! ;)

Thanks, but no need for M1 shootings :D Already got this done. An drinving M1 from the outside would be nice.... But thanks anyways Mate!

Suggest it needs a cough or splutter added to the the engine off, the fade out sounds a bit weak as it is.

There was no engine off sound in the Video... the engine on and off are from the BTR but only the BIS sounds working so far. Gonna rework this thing soon mate.

Thank you guys so much,

Jarhead

I've got a minor request, and please disregard it if it takes more than a minute.

Could you save the impact sound of the GAU8 in the GAU8.pbo? Right now, I assume it is in the explosions.pbo or some such.

ACE adds a specialized impact sound for this gun (and it is quite distinctive), and I would be able to use their sound if the GAU impacts were in the same file as the GAU firing sound.

Well, it would take me a lot more than just a minute mate! I hate to rewrite the explosions config (over 8000 entries) and the gau8 config as well again.

So, maybe this is something I will work on later, or make an separate Gau release just the gau and the impacts... we'll see.

Jarhead

GAU is like a baby,he needs a lot of love :)

What files should be used? Is there a final full release somewhere?

Hey, no, JSRS 1.3 is not released yet! It will take some time to get this big project done!

Now, I hanging around at over 850 MB of size! The new Vehicles and the new Editor software (Sony Sound Forge) which make it able to use new effects, make the sounds even better, bit also bigger and bigger!

The sound references on Youtube are awful sometimes, but with the new effects and tools I can even make these sounds to something useable!

The Humvee are nearly done. The whole indoor sounds are done and sound just great! Even on the outdoor I'm a bit stuck right now again. Just because of not getting any good video showing an humvee driving around without music or stuff like that! Is there any video just showing how this thing sounds in RL from outside?

6.2 Diesel engines are good? Are they really sound this way even in the humvees? I mean, same engine, same sound?

Just wanted to keep you up to date with the progress :P

Jarhead

EDIT: Was changing the frontpage of this thread... just tell me what you think about this change... Thanks

Edited by LordJarhead

Thank you guys. Gonna check the Video when im home!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead