Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

No mate.

Minimum spec for OpF was a 266 processor and 64 MB RAM.

The Xbox has 64 MB RAM and a 733 processor.

Edited by Baff1

Still had to be scaled back; couldn't have just been for no reason.

Probably due to the fact that the xbox cpu was an intel coppermine based chip that shared more in comman with the mobile celeron family of chips than the pentium class. It wasn't exctly a celeron, but it was not a pentium either, rather a custom built jobby for console. Either way, it clearly couldn't process the full version of CWC. It's GPU however was slightly more up to the task, with a 266Mhz custom designed collaboration between nvidia and microsoft that was very similar to the GeForce 4 chipset. (Source).

BTW according to the back of the box here, the minimum spec for cold war crisis was PII 400MHz. 600Mhz recommended. (Scorce - back o' the box)

Edited by Bascule42

Resistance had higher system requirements due to multiple graphics upgrades (generally, higher res textures) I believe.

What The F**k...

Tajikistan?

Reeeeeealllll oriiiiiginaaaaall.......

I bet when Sion Tonton talked about taking time-out playing ofp, he meant arma.

He also talked about realism later on in the video when he said at the beginning that it's all about fun and not about realism ?!?

Tonton is literally taking every aspect of arma and 'branding' it as new, original, flashy and 'exclusive' to the revolutionary operation face-palm rr.

Tbh he can't even say 'R' right, which is a real bugger if this nice... game title has got 3 of them in it? :386:

Edited by SASrecon

Resistance had higher system requirements due to multiple graphics upgrades (generally, higher res textures) I believe.

Yep, Minimum 500Mhz cpu and 128MB RAM - Recommended 600MHz & 256MB RAM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for CM use of Tajikistan. Is anyone really surprised? They acted like a tic on a dogs neck sucking on the reputation of BIS games when they used the name Operation Flashpoint for that turd on a DVD ROM - DR. And now they decide to add ij to Takistan and claim they thought of using the real country independantly. Theres no reason to belive that they would be any different with Oface_palm.gif RR. You have to give them credit in one area. They have actually manage to put into code, actual shit. Like a replicator* in reverse. Can they pull this amazing feat off again. You know, heh, I think they can.

* A replicator is a fictional instrument and in no way constitutes a attachment of such a thing to any point I am trying to make. Now, in the past or any future debates I may or may not be involved in.

Edited by Bascule42

Ugh... FPDR it's not like the "takistan" name has any marketing value. Especially in the OFP RR audience. RR will probably not be bought by many Arma fans, right? They happen to be the only people on Earth who would give a shit what the fictional country name in some video game is.

Ugh... it's not like the "takistan" name has any marketing value. Especially in the OFP RR audience. RR will probably not be bought by many Arma fans, right? They happen to be the only people on Earth who would give a shit what the fictional country name in some video game is.

Hmm, the unreal status of countries in ArmA 2 give one great advantage. For example, I live in Russian Far East, and when i saw the "DR Far East Island", I was surprised, in bad sense, especially by sun rising and stupid vegetation.

When we see the unreal country, we have not this problems

They have actually manage to put into code, actual shit. Like a replicator* in reverse. Can they pull this amazing feat off again. You know, heh, I think they can.

* A replicator is a fictional instrument and in no way constitutes a attachment of such a thing to any point I am trying to make. Now, in the past or any future debates I may or may not be involved in.

"Indeed"

You deserve a medal for that reference. Without the "Disclaimer" I would have almost missed it. Good job. Good job Indeed :yay:

Waste of money and resources as I see it. Crap that will never be on my HD, for certain.

This can't be happening..

I'm pretty sure I eliminated Lenton in one of my missions:

The ones behind the strike have been identified as Svetlana Lumenko - a very nasty she-wolf from partisan section, Simon Lenton - an ex SAS man who defected to russia long time ago and is generally known to be a very unstable case. He likes to dress up as priest , just to mention one of his odd habits...

Ok, the name was slightly changed to protect me from a lawsuit.

:D

Anyways. I think the whole scam is a bloody disgrace and CM should be bombarded with a napalm strike.

Hmmm, I read topics in different forums and I feel someself, like at the middle of 2009 year... The "Arma 2 vs DR" holiwar rise again with army of crazy stupid 10-year old schoolboys, who when the 1st OFP released, they drink the mother milk, but they try to prove to "older evil man", that they " play in TRUE OFP"... Oooh...the freaks-concert is continue, dear gentlemens... Can you give me some napalm to destroy this heresy,please?:D

May be start the Czech-Britain war to stop the dispute?:D

Do you think those devs shitted themselves as well like I did reading their own news?

I must also say I am sorry for the development team of OFP: Menstruation Floods

Their studio hired again for another version of the shit-project they did the last time, and I bet a lot of their crew is tearing their hair and chewing on their hats and socks and shoes in anguish and despair over their situation, just because their boss want to make more easy money. Poor devs :(

Hmmm, I read topics in different forums and I feel someself, like at the middle of 2009 year... The "Arma 2 vs DR" holiwar rise again with army of crazy stupid 10-year old schoolboys, who when the 1st OFP released, they drink the mother milk, but they try to prove to "older evil man", that they " play in TRUE OFP"... Oooh...the freaks-concert is continue, dear gentlemens... Can you give me some napalm to destroy this heresy,please?:D

May be start the Czech-Britain war to stop the dispute?:D

What I really like is when people with their 4 post wisdom come in here on their high horse and try to boil down this complex issue in 4 poorly crafted sentences.

Lots of people here, who are fans of BIS and their game philosophy, disliked the CM game because they didn't at all capture the spirit of the original. I don't know if you've ever been on the internet before, but it is usual for someone to take the piss out of something they don't like.

The hardline people on the other forums (the ones that are still there) are obviously fans of the CM game in that they don't believe that ArmA or ArmA 2 are worthy successors to OFP.

...then there are the people in the middle and those few who frequent both forums.

disliked the CM game because they didn't at all capture the spirit of the original

Its not just because it didnt capture the spirit of the original, it was the way they sold it as if it was the spirit of the original.

If they'd have just sold "Dragon Rising" (not "Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising") and not kept harping on about how when they made the original they did this and that, I would guarantee that none (or at least a LOT less) of this ArmA vs DR shitfighting would have happened.

Its not just because it didnt capture the spirit of the original, it was the way they sold it as if it was the spirit of the original.

If they'd have just sold "Dragon Rising" (not "Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising") and not kept harping on about how when they made the original they did this and that, I would guarantee that none (or at least a LOT less) of this ArmA vs DR shitfighting would have happened.

Odd tact to take. You're agreeing but finding a weird way to disagree with me. Tackling such a semantic argument (BTW, I don't mind semantic arguments!) is going to sound weird no matter how I word it, but this is my best attempt:

They decided to develop a game for the OFP franchise and ended up with DR, not the other way around. The problem is that they failed to make a worthy successor to OFP. They didn't make a dogshit game then decide to call it Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. It was announced before it was completed, therefore, the name wasn't the decision making problem- it was the development. They did not fail to name it effectively, they failed to make a relevant game.

Edited by Max Power

The hardline people on the other forums (the ones that are still there) are obviously fans of the CM game in that they don't believe that ArmA or ArmA 2 are worthy successors to OFP.

...then there are the people in the middle and those few who frequent both forums.

Theres more variations...

People that love Arma as much if not more as some here but discovered that DR, politics aside was actually not that bad, granted it is no where near what Arma is as im fast discovering... but its nice to have variation and choice.

That said i understand that its crap that CM are claiming Operation Flashpoint, and will continue to do so for RR, and probably will do so for more titles in future.

BIS to their credit have obviously moved on and risen above the challenge with Arma2 and OA..

Maybe they could name "Arma3"(hoping!!) "OPERATION CODEMASTER the liberation of OFP"

Openly admitting to this obviously doesn't win you friends here but...

My name is Katipo66, i play Both Arma & DR and im a happy gamer :p

If they didn't put the OFP name on it NONE of it would have happend. As then alot more people wouldn't have got suckered in by false details of it being like the original OFP.

Max Power,OK, Excuse me my poor irony and "soul cry". Simply, it's very annoy, when i registry on "international arena" to train and prove my weak English, and first news i see about this... Simply i don't manage my emotions. Excuse me this, it's will not repeat again.

If they didn't put the OFP name on it NONE of it would have happend.

It's a beautiful thought. Everyone knows that it is a lie though.

Ugh... FPDR it's not like the "takistan" name has any marketing value. Especially in the OFP RR audience. RR will probably not be bought by many Arma fans, right? They happen to be the only people on Earth who would give a shit what the fictional country name in some video game is.

Marketing value...lol. I think it's gone a bit past marketing value now don't you?

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha...

check this.

OFP:RR is so real its scary ROFL....OPM Scans

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cfeidw.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/4l56bt.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/jsbkmw.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/294ife1.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/zm0fh4.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/1dyyx.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/24dog44.jpg

omg im wetting myself with laughter...,upto press iv refrained from useing "that icon" but...,

face_palm.gif

Edited by b0b

ooo.

Jolly Green Giant!

Those helicopters are cool looking.

Those helicopters pre-renders are cool looking.

Fix'd