Sign in to follow this  
freeman23

Complaints about DOF/Blur/Bloom/HDR/Cholesterol etc.etc.

Hi guys,

is there any way to turn off this nausea-inducing motion blur 1st person effect? (.cfg parameter?)

It's making my eyes bleed and is giving me one major headache.

Also, has anyone figured out how to use the logics yet? Some seem to work right away (surrendering)...some don't (i have yet to carry away a wounded soldier for example).

Regards,

freeman2344

Edited by freeman23

are you serious? you dont get these blurs in real life either...unless you're tripping i guess.

Turn your head around quickly and tell me if for a tiny moment things went a bit less sharp.

I wasnt a fan of that in vids i saw but ingame its very well done.

And in the end you have a slider to lower the shake effects also, that was what also gave me a nausea feel, i set it to 25% and that works good for me.

And also motion blur makes the game feel more fluid, so go ahead take it off but it won't seem as smooth

I also want to disable the motion blur. I don't like it running and then the scenerey gets blurred and is pulsating like a water surface... after few seconds it gets back to normal sharp... I hope it there will be an option to disable it with further patches

In options, there is a headbob option, you can set it off

I guess the initial poster meant the blur when looking around.

I love it but somehow i also felt a slight sickness after playing for a good while.

Or is it somehow directly releated to the head bobbing settings?

Did you try turning off post processing or lowering it?

Test to turn the post processing effect off. I think its connected to some effects.

After some time I get a headache because of that blurr effect.

Please add an option to turn it off.

Xeno

Maybe you can read the thread and try out the recommendations and tell us if that does anything?

After some time I get a headache because of that blurr effect.

Please add an option to turn it off.

Xeno

dito, very tiring for the eyes

1+

Please add the option to turn off postprocessing completely. When running it blurs textures and basically makes the graphics look like on the lowest setting (=like crap).

i turn off postprocessing immediatley! its like you are really drunk. i like the idea, that object far away seem not sharp...but the effekt is way to heavy and should not start about 5 m away...

the blur is to heavy too. it shouldn't blur, wenn runnig...just alittle bit of blur, while turning your head....but the effect ingame is too much.

the blur is to heavy too...

I guess it's like ArmA, the post processing looks good at high resolutions but as you go lower things get too blurry.

i didn't use postprocessing in arma 1 either. my resolution is 1680*1050, but it just felt wrong when everything thats 10 m away gets blurred. my eyes can see much wider field and depth before something gets blurred. the effekt is just to heavy for me. at least you can turn it off...so its not that big of a problem (just hoping for AA to come for eye candy).

but i would like to see the "head-turn-blur" reduced. it looks ridicoulus when you are an HMMVE M2 Gunner, and as you turn your gun...the barrel gets blurred!!! that simply kills the atmosphere.

First thing i did yesterday was set Post Processing to lowest possible setting as indeed it looks far too blurry for my taste even on mid settings.

The blur when turning doesnt seem to eb affected by that at all saddly.

I really really like it but what does it help if it makes you feel sick.

Hmm or i just should make pauses more often and get fresh air instead of beers?

I am at work and can not remember where extactly it is but you can turn off motion blur... it has 3 settings... High..low..off.. But in german..lol. It is on the same page that you can turn down head wobble...The head wobble is a slider so you can tweak or disable it... I disabled it..just made me sick. The motion blur I turned down to low.. default is high... I like the low setting but high is a tad over the top..

Now the setting is not in the graphics area... it is one of the choices under Options... I think it is the 2nd last or last choice in the list... This brings up a number of choices or use google translate to help... but it is blur..something.. so it sort of stands out..even if you don't speak german... because I don't either...

Edited by gonk

Odd cant remember seeing it, only the post process setting and that you can only set to low not off.

Well 5 more hours and i can check myself... what a boring workday so far :/

good luck... but you should be able to find it..

This window has a couple of sliders and 3 or 4 drop down menus.. One of the sliders is head wobble.. and one of the drop down menus is Motion Blur.

I am pretty sure you first select OPTIONS...Then select the 2nd last choice on the list... and this should bring up the new window.