Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.09 - Patch Released

icon-arma2update.png ARMA 2.com news entry on ARMA 2 patch: http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-update-109_en.html

ARMA2.com download page 1.00 to 1.09: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=510%3Aarma-2-patch-1-00-to-1〈=en

Mirror List @BIKI: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Patch_v1.09#Download_Mirrors

Patch details @BIKI: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Patch_v1.09

Full version history @BIKI: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Version_History

ARMA 2 version 1.08-1.09 Changelog

-------------------------------------------------------

VERSION 1.09 HIGHLIGHTS

-----------------------

* Various mission improvements

* Broad range of fixes and tweaks

Engine 1.08-1.09 Changelog

--------------------------

* Updated: Merged various fixes from Operation Arrowhead

* Fixed: Stop firing at vehicle crew once it is dead. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183)

* Fixed: Rpt file no longer created in local settings when -profile is used (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13308)

* Fixed: Some texture or model files not loaded from mod paths starting with @. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14039)

* New: -skipintro command line option to disable loading menu cutscenes.

Missions 1.08-1.09 Changelog

----------------------------

* Fixed: I2 - mission is not failling before the takeoff.

* Fixed: C1,I1 - SD pistol mags were missing.

* Fixed: C5 - high command icons were not loaded.

* Fixed: C6 - task waypoint for transport important POW is fixed.

* Fixed: C3 - smuggler not shooting.

* Fixed: C2 - Pepan is not at the pump.

* Fixed: I1 - Shilka was too strong.

* Fixed: I1 - Razor is hunting down one enemy on whole chernarus.

* Fixed: minor fixes in (CZ/RU) dubbing protocol.

Note: wiki pages must be made first ;)

Previous thread related to patch 1.08 :

Edited by Dwarden

So this is for Arma 2 only right? When can we expect the combined arms patch? (i have to reinstall full with the addons, thats why i ask...)

Thank you , BIS!

I'm playing A2 1.08 now within CO with beta patch 1.58.78697. Will my A2 savegames work if I patch A2 to 1.09?

Thank you , BIS!

I'm playing A2 1.08 now within CO with beta patch 1.58.78697. Will my A2 savegames work if I patch A2 to 1.09?

No, I don't believe they will. What you can do though is restart the mission though from the beginning. So, if you are halfway through mission three, you would have to start over at the beginning of mission three.

So patch and restart or finish your current mission first, then patch, then start your next mission with the new patch ;-)

I just downloaded 1.09 to desktop, here's the relevant bit of the readme-

===ARMA 2 UPDATE 1.09 ===

Copyright © 2011 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

This free update is sponsored by Sprocket http://www.sprocketidea.com/, the online store where you can buy Arma 2 and other games directly from the developers.

===SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS===

* ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 2 from 1.00 (including the Steam version, note that Verify file cache and autoupdate will not work properly until the full 1.09 is also out directly on Steam)

* DirectX 9 from February 2010 or newer is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically as needed or you can update your version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/

===HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH===

Run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically.

It will install all content of the patch to the folder with your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2).

Please note that it is not possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch, only a full reinstall of the game is possible, if you want to keep your previous version you may want to backup the entire game installation folder before applying this patch.

---------------------------

No, I don't believe they will. What you can do though is restart the mission though from the beginning. So, if you are halfway through mission three, you would have to start over at the beginning of mission three.

So patch and restart or finish your current mission first, then patch, then start your next mission with the new patch ;-)

OK. Thanks, lazerath!

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I assume "C1" means campaign mission 1. What does "I1" mean? Scenario 1?

We'll wait with update of our linux server, since we don't want to upload 12gigs again when Arrowhead patch arrives.

@ IceBreakr

1. You only need to upload changed files.

2. Use a something like rsync.

3. What's the problem with uploading GB of data, if you don't bother to look into 1 or 2?

Hi, all the models, textures and AI problems on the v1.08 still present on the v1.09. Let's C ya

So, looking at the changelog, this problem below is now resolved from 1.08 RPT file?

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolRU/: Missing word Abrams

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\wereheavilydamagede.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\wereheavilydamagede.wss'

OK. Thanks, lazerath!

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I assume "C1" means campaign mission 1. What does "I1" mean? Scenario 1?

The I1 I believe refers to sub missions or possibly the single scenario missions. I read something about this a few days back but don't remember all of it. Hope that helps ;-)

Can this be used for AMRA 2 CO or only stand alone ARMA 2,sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm not sure :/

ArmA 2 only. The OA\CO still in development, check out the Beta and testing section.

Hi, the ArmA2 v1.09 patch comes inside the lastest OA patches (the OA v1.58 and the Beta patches released after the v1.58). The v1.09 is not necessary for the OA/CO users that have an installed OA version post OA v1.58. Let's C ya

*To Dwarden: Each time that i add a new CIT ticket my mail gonna be spammed?, because then i should keep posting the bugs that i'd/ i may find, in here.

Hi, the ArmA2 v1.09 patch comes inside the lastest OA patches (the OA v1.58 and the Beta patches released after the v1.58). The v1.09 is not necessary for the OA/CO users that have an installed OA version post OA v1.58. Let's C ya

*To Dwarden: Each time that i add a new CIT ticket my mail gonna be spammed?, because then i should keep posting the bugs that i'd/ i may find, in here.

Are you sure that 1.09 comes bundled with the post 1.58 OA beta patches? Hmm. I didn't see the 1.09 changes in the beta patch changelogs.

1.09 seems to be only a very minor patch that tweaks a few missions, so is it really essential to install it anyway?

This is a little confusing.

I purchased the Arma2 Combined Ops which contained both Arma 2 and Arrowhead.

I installed both disks and updated the game to 1.08 for Arma2 and 1.57 for CO.

I then downloaded the 1.09 Arma2 patch and applied it. After the update, I ran the Arma2.exe and the game now says it has been updated to version 1.09. Launching the Arma2oa.exe tells me it is version 1.57 which it should be.

Now, the million dollar question, did I just break my game? Folks have mentioned that the patch is for the standalone arma2 version which I have sitting right next to Combined Ops.

Thanks, Sawacs

I then downloaded the 1.09 Arma2 patch and applied it. After the update, I ran the Arma2.exe and the game now says it has been updated to version 1.09. Launching the Arma2oa.exe tells me it is version 1.57 which it should be.

Now, the million dollar question, did I just break my game? Folks have mentioned that the patch is for the standalone arma2 version which I have sitting right next to Combined Ops.

Thanks, Sawacs

For Combined Operations only install patch 1.5.. (the last final 1.57 or 1.59rc)

1.57 (or other for OA) contains a patch for Arma 2 (co)

But better wait for final or another patch (about 1.60)

Edited by Warpo

Thanks, Sawacs

You did pretty much what I did. I purchased A2 and OA separately.

1. Install Arma2
  2. Patch it to 1.08
  3. Install OA (which makes Combined Operations)
  4. Patch it to 1.57 (this patch contained the A2 1.06 patch, but that didn't make any difference).

Everything's fine. I will soon install the 1.09 A2 patch. I think that will work. The OA 1.59 patch will contain the 1.09 A2 patch, but if the 1.09 patch is already installed, I don't think that will be a problem.

If anyone sees a problem with the above, let me know. Everything's running fine for me.

If I install this, would I have a problem joining co servers playing "Insurgency" for example?

I just want to know before I install so I can still play online until the OA patch is released.

Thanks

Frosty

Hi, in MP (on the ArmA2) there isn't any public server (under 150ms) running the v1.09; as OA/CO user you shouldn't have any problem with this patch in MP or SP. The Insurgency coops seem to be OA exclusive and the v1.09 patch hasn't touched any OA related content and it hasn't made any change to the ArmA2 models or textures. You shouldn't have any problem with the ArmA2 v1.09 pach as OA/CO user, and with the time it'll be necessary for you to be able to play in MP. The ArmA2 v1.09 don't even affect your ArmA2 campaign saved games, you can load 'em without problems; so don't worry. Let's C ya

Wait, so patches for CO don't also patch ArmA2? Now I'm confused.

Patches for the OA (CO) is also for Arma 2

No need to install patches on separate Arma 2, if you have CO

Edited by Warpo