Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.08 - Patch Released.

icon-arma2update.png

• Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements
  • Added many new scripting commands and event-handlers
  • Various visual optimizations
  • AI behaviour related fixes and improvements

Note: wiki pages must be made first ;)

ARMA 2.com news entry on ARMA 2 patch: http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-titles-enlarged-by-new-pack-of-patches_en.html

Patch details : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Patch_v1.08

Full version history : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Version_History

'Huge' List of Mirrors for download: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Patch_v1.08#Download_Mirrors

ARMA2.com download page 1.00 to 1.08: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

Previous thread related to patch 1.07 :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100896

Edited by Dwarden

Steam release shortly to follow I hope?

Guess my F5 key is getting some work.

Edited by bhaz

Excellent news, that is a looong list of changes :yay:

I am somewhat confused by three entries:

* Fixed: AI equipped with TI see through smokes

* Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.

There isn't any TI in Arma 2, only in OA as far as I know (although there are user scripts that can be incorporated in ArmA2 missions to simulate TI);

and

* Fixed: NV tracers visible in TI (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11608)

On the dev-heaven page is the reference

# Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.52.71816 to 1.53 BETA

Do not those numbers refer to OA betas? Unless TI becomes available in ArmA2 if OA is installed (i.e. as CO) which I haven't done as yet, those three entries seem misplaced.

Apologies if I'm being dense.

BR

Carl

PS - the list of download mirrors is empty. There is however a long list here:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=

C.

Edited by Carl_D
See PS

@Placebo

Wow, that was fast! I'm seriously impressed :)

Thanks

Carl

lol, nvm, found one :D

Edited by atikabubu
i'm an idiot :P

Gots an question about the patches, I got ArmA 2 and OA and the DLC BAF. So i dl all of the patches? Im getting people saying you just got to dl the OA patch and it updates them all and so on.... Just would like to know what patch to dl cause i got AmrA 2+OA+BAF.

Damn it!

Once before I had problem. Patching from 1.05 to 1.07 resulted in many errors during patching process. As a result, I couldnt join ANY arma2 server.

The problem was fixed (Reinstall, 1.00 to 1.07 patch)

Now it's just the same after 1.07 to 1.08.

I had no errors during patching, but I cant join game again.

BIS, do I really have to reinstall the game every bloody time? Please, have mercy.

[edit]

My benchmark.

Arma2 v1.07

All High VD 3600

Avg fps: 28

Arma2 v1.08

All High VD 3600

Avg fps: 27

Res: 1680x1050 (3d 100%)

Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements

Various visual optimizations

Really?

Edited by Vultar

One I do not understand...

Whether that Linux server for Arma 2 it is not supported any more that?

Hi

Attempting to open pre-patch (i.e. v1.07) saved/suspended games with Arma2 v1.08 standalone gets the "incompatible versions error". I don't mind at all, but new players most of the way through Harvest Red, EW or user-made campaigns might want to know this before patching so they have a choice whether to finish or restart the whole caboodle.

No idea about OA or CO.

Cheers

Carl

So i dl all of the patches?

I have the same configuration. I installed Arma AO patch 1.05 and at the end the patch automatically updated Arma version 1.07 to version 1.08 and BAF to version 1.01.

When will the patch be available on Steam? I wish you guys had just stuck to the 1.07 method of releasing the patch the same way for all game types.

Arma 2 needs a lot of maintenance and tinkering with files anyways, so no one misses the convenience of Steam's automation. It only causes problems.

Hi, seems that the v1.08 only have code tweaks but not a single model fix, so all the bugs on the game's models still there aswell as other bugs.

They should also review all the units gear as there're things that don't make sense, like not enough slots on some units... units with much more ammo (grenades & smk nades)... and they should also review the gear that you've on the main campaign; RG nades instead M67s for example.

Manualy install the BattleEye could solve our MP problems at the time of join a server, i've to try it. Let's C ya

Hi, i don't have any disk check... i can play in SP & some mins in MP (before get kicked without any named reason) without need to have the game's DVD on the drive; i think that isn't neccessary to have the DVD on the drive from the previous patch... .

A new bug of the v1.08; the presentation screens or scenes when you load the game appear as burned images, like this:

Burned Background Scenes:

ArmA2_bug_62-1.jpg

And i don't see any stability improvement... i've installed the Nvidia drivers 260.99 today, but i don't think that that be the reason; my screen/game get's frozen and my entire computer locked (keyboard included) very commonly 'til the point that i've to manualy reset the computer, this didn't happened to me before; also... the BattleEye that's installed with the patch seems to be outdated because i was getting the "Patch v1.07 available for download" message on the servers browser list until that i'd installed the BattleEye manualy. Otherwise i was beeing kicked from any server. Let's C ya

Wipman, I had the same problem. I can help you.

Check this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109220

Hi, thanks man, but i've solved it (i think) manually installing the BattleEye from here:

- BattleEye Official Site.

Now after the v1.08 patch, instead be kicked i get CTSs in SP and in empty MP servers before be kicked... so i don't know for sure if i'd solved the thing or not but at least i don't get that "patch v1.07 available for download" message no more. But thanks again, i think that's solved already. Let's C ya

Hmmh, I see that in ARMA2 1.08 the same mission takes about 10% less memory demands, but I see no real performance improvement. Anyway, would be surprising since 1.07 was already very well polished.

In fact the detail level of objects in distance is seemingly rendered with less details compared to previous versions, which is especially visible at some of the buildings in towns. Some are showing only the lowest detail and texture at medium distance of 200-300m, while in 1.07 you'd already see more details at the same distance and settings. So I have to switch up the "Object detail" level by one, which in turn also shows more (unnecessary) detail on all the other objects, and starts to cause lag. So for the same visual quality as before, I seem to have lag now.

I will test the AI improvements, but already found that the new commands previously implemented in OA (fireat etc) have not made it retroactively into ARMA2. So if the AI doesn't change in major ways (say the slow embarking of units, or the problem with convoys not keeping tight formations on roads), I will downgrade again to 1.07.

But still, I like the support that BIS provides here! It may not be all what I wish for, but it is excellent caring for the community. Other publishers could find a great example here.

I think that the recoil from OA is the best addition.

Without the annoying camera shake it now feels very nice.

I am not a graphics lover kind of person, but I like when a game looks nice. (Like Ofp xD)

Arma2 without AA and PPE looks awful during the ingame day, even on High details.

AA causes amazing framerate drop even on Low, while PPE introduce a painful blur.

For example, Arma1 looks amazing, I can play it on VeryHigh, but prefer High, as it's more gentle-looking and not as detailed. AA and PPE are really nice and overall I like it. Framerate: 60.

Arma2, playing on high, without AA and PPE still works slower... about 30-50fps.

Arma2, even though looking awful, has a nice feature. Soldier lying in a grass is very hard to spot. However, the grass draw distance is rather low, making it harder to spot a ghillie sniper lying next to you, than one being half a mile away...

I think that next patch should include some optimisations. And if not patch... The Next Game, perhaps? :D

[edit]

Ah... and yes... the grass... In real life, we can adjust prone position to see over the tall grass. In Arma2 we cant, so why do we have it?

Not only it's annoying, but also the AI can see through it. Please BIS, think of GAMEPLAY first. :)

Edited by Vultar