Sign in to follow this  
nkenny

ARMA 2: OA beta build 77007

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[77007] Fixed: Improved airplane terrain avoidance when attacking. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16219)

[77004] Fixed: Possible ServerCommand abuse by non-admin attackers.

[76997] Fixed: lip-sync in EW campaign and in MP while client using VON.

New beta.

-k

Edited by Dwarden
fixed formating

That was... Fast. :eek:

Community Awards announcement and another beta patch, all in the same day. Suddenly going back to school after the Christmas holidays for the first time today doesn't seem so bad. :D

Wow, BIS are the only company working hard at this time of the year :)

So this one doesn't change the version # does it?

I'd love to throw this on my server for the serverCommand fix.

Bad NonLocalVram ?

XP32 2Gb Ram

ATI 1Gb Vram

localVRAM=1073741824; correct 1Gb

nonlocalVRAM=123076608; 117 Mb ???

This Beta or 1.57 same values (i delete Arma2OA.cfg before test)

[77007] Fixed: Improved airplane terrain avoidance when attacking. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16219)

Can't wait to try it out. If it's fixed that means I can finally finish my mission

Edit: yes yes, planes now drop bombs without diving and quite spot on too. However the fix may have introduced another problem. Now I need to test this more but to me it looks like if there are too many enemy vehicles in the area the plane will either ignore the marker or do too many passes before actually dropping the bomb. Before the fix the bombing run was a top priority for the plane.

Confirmed: plane spends too much time now avoiding fire, doesn't even attack those vehicles which it did previously.

Edited by metalcraze

Have to say havent enjoyed QA since release and this beta seems to run very well, very little loading seemed to hang around at 50 - 60 fps with VS on. Nice job guys.

MP lip-sync looks nice. Great! Thanks!

With this build Harvest Red campaign Dogs Of War mission seems to be pretty much impossible to be played in multiplayer. If I start mission and play it alone, everything is fine, but as soon as someone joins, the Razor Team character he takes in control starts to bug and the host will see that Razor Team face icon belonging to that character will disappear from bottom left corner. We also tried with just 2 players and could not get it to work. Since there is no character icon for the host, the game also ends in about 5-10 seconds because the game thinks one of Razor Team members is dead, so there is only few seconds to bughunt and see write a proper report what is really going on. Also the human players report in voice to be in totally different place where the host sees them. When all this happens. The game also reports guerrillas breaking alliance with BLUEFOR, which in my opinion is a result of the game confusing teams when human players joins.

Normally there are no situations in Harvest Red campaign that any of the Razor Team faceicons will disappear not even when they die and the game is about to be end failed, so this is not normal at all. I am not using any mods and same goes to those friends who tried to play Dogs Of War with me.

I also want to add that even though when you have reverted and restarted the mission totally you have pretty 50% chance that Dogs Of War mission starts without the start dialog where you are located in front of CDF commander and listen who lets you to decide if you want to take Commander role or not. So you will sometimes insted just start in the fields of that base and this is not loaded from gamesave, I have reverted and restarted all the way from Harvest Red mission selection list several times.

With this very same build we played and completed four separate COOP missions, one mission from Operation Arrowhead campaign and one mission from Operation Black Gauntlet campaign, so these problems seem to affect only Harvest Red and maybe only Dogs Of War mission.

The problem seems to be related to these bugs:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14766

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16169

Edited by Hanzu

Beta is running blazingly fast. :) Had my first crash today.

Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_East in muzzle SmokeShellMuzzle

Cannot use magazine 1Rnd_HE_M203 in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone

etc

No mods, self produced mission (which has worked frequently in MP or SP before), never seen that before. *shrug* Might be unrelated.

-k

Finally :shine:

incredible turn around! one thing, i find my AI now have much more of a mind of their own and often wonder off to spots around 50m away. this is on danger setting and before enemy contact, also often keep low command 1 or 2 AI will stay standing. other than that mostly major improvements. thanks

Time to test when i get home. Seems the performance is kept from previous beta. :)

Also time to ticket something at DH when i get home (unless already ticketed which i presume it might be) that lying down with weapons that have bipods shouldnt so violently kick upwards. Have a hard time with those MG's nowadays.

Works great! Thanks BIS!

With this build Harvest Red campaign Dogs Of War mission seems to be pretty much impossible to be played in multiplayer. If I start mission and play it alone, everything is fine, but as soon as someone joins, the Razor Team character he takes in control starts to bug and the host will see that Razor Team face icon belonging to that character will disappear from bottom left corner. We also tried with just 2 players and could not get it to work. Since there is no character icon for the host, the game also ends in about 5-10 seconds because the game thinks one of Razor Team members is dead, so there is only few seconds to bughunt and see write a proper report what is really going on. Also the human players report in voice to be in totally different place where the host sees them. When all this happens. The game also reports guerrillas breaking alliance with BLUEFOR, which in my opinion is a result of the game confusing teams when human players joins.

Normally there are no situations in Harvest Red campaign that any of the Razor Team faceicons will disappear not even when they die and the game is about to be end failed, so this is not normal at all. I am not using any mods and same goes to those friends who tried to play Dogs Of War with me.

I also want to add that even though when you have reverted and restarted the mission totally you have pretty 50% chance that Dogs Of War mission starts without the start dialog where you are located in front of CDF commander and listen who lets you to decide if you want to take Commander role or not. So you will sometimes insted just start in the fields of that base and this is not loaded from gamesave, I have reverted and restarted all the way from Harvest Red mission selection list several times.

With this very same build we played and completed four separate COOP missions, one mission from Operation Arrowhead campaign and one mission from Operation Black Gauntlet campaign, so these problems seem to affect only Harvest Red and maybe only Dogs Of War mission.

The problem seems to be related to these bugs:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14766

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16169

hanzu can You get me fresh log with the errors ?

ideally create new CIT ticket and include it

maybe also include save - if it's usable ?

I have lodswitching: lowres grass at near distance in towns like Chernogorsk. Never had this before.

I have lodswitching: lowres grass at near distance in towns like Chernogorsk. Never had this before.

Can you post up the content of your Arma2OA.cfg file? (It's in My Documents\Arma 2)

This would be a dream fix for me ...... but I'm finding very little is changed.

Can we get some technical detail of what was tweaked please.

Similar to metalcraze comments, the AI pilots don't seem to be doing anything differently, except;

- They tend to do a lot more "dry runs". ie An attack run, but no bomb drop or missile launch.

- They now at times do a huge grab for air / pitch up, then almost straight away do a steep dive. Seems to happen around actual ammo launch.

The main problem is all AI pilots nose-down to attack their target, even if the weapon doesn't require nose down. They then keep this nose down all the way to the target and very rarely disengage before a target is destroyed. Worse still, virtually no script commands can break them from the suicide attack :(

Only manually aimed weapons (guns and FAR rockets etc) should trigger an AI to drop altitude / nose down at the target.

All other weapons should keep level flight.

On the wish list would also be some way to stop aircraft slowing down speed to a crawl / adjust speed, as they do these attack runs.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

With this beta I get the following in my Arma2AO.cfg

localVRAM=2127601664;
nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

which is completely wrong

With 1.57 I get

localVRAM=403894272;

nonlocalVRAM=403894272;

Which is wrong also

I got a 4870x2, which has 1Gb on each card, should be 1Gb

localVRAM=1073741824;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

Like it always was in my Arma2.cfg

Please help

I was playing Trial by Fire mission and noticed tha chopper AI wobbling. Wasn't this fixed already??

Also getting "nonlocalVRAM=2147483647" and have got that for a very long time. Back in ArmA (1) i think it was properly shown. However the game runs fine for me so i cant say if its bad or good. If you have less VRAM it might be good with that set properly though(?).

I have 6GB pagefile if i remember correctly. Its not 2GB that much i know.

EDIT: Tested this latest beta and noticed a little flickering at the first LOD in trees (OA). As i approach trees iand they change from 2nd to 1st LOD the white pixels appear and then a fast (and brief) flickering before settling. Seems on my machine the previous beta worked slightly better in this regard. Also tested Chernarus and didnt see the white pixeling in vegetation there. Seems its in OA veg only(?).

As so often with this game you cant be competelly sure until extensive testing. This is a brief test so far. Will go back and test some more.

Edited by Alex72