Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead - DEMO!

Is it allowed to make multiplayer missions in the demo?

You cant export mission from the editor.

I have encountered a really weird bug. Here's the scenario: two OPFOR choppers carrying men are supposed to drop them off at rougly the same place(but still not next to each other). Not only do they not drop them where i set the marker, but they wanan do it at the exact same position, so they collide with each other.

Edit: the problem only happens if the squads that are dropped from the choppers have a their first waypoint set very close to each other.

Here's a pic showing how to reproduce. http://img534.imageshack.us/i/arma2oademo201007221911.png/

Why don't you put down invisible H's and then put the waypoints on them. That should fix the problem.

Dunno if we could use the demo Map in the Full game, but still tooo bad we couldn't run our own little demo MP missions made with the editor... such a feature won't have hurt the sales of OA-Retail IMHO.

Well, you can.

* Create a mission using single player editor

* Save it (unpacked) to your profile folder

* Copy it to MPMissions in the same place

And... :moto: you can host the mission in multiplayer (it appears in your missions when creating game as blue custom scenario).

Well, you can.

* Create a mission using single player editor

* Save it (unpacked) to your profile folder

* Copy it to MPMissions in the same place

And... :moto: you can host the mission in multiplayer (it appears in your missions when creating game as blue custom scenario).

also You can edit the mission afterward in MP editor

but please remember only the mission.sqm file is transfered to client so You need adjust Your scripting accordingly

Yesterday i made 2 quick-made coop missions and my 10 Slot Server was always completely filled.

L9CyNa0fUzk

People don't knowing the series were quit surprised that you could also play "the other side" and loved the "Cool Takistani Bastards" (like one guy was calling them).

Part2 coming soon :p

I honestly though youu wouldn't let people use the editor made mission in MP beacuse people would have a lot of fun with it for a long time and would only buy OA later.

For some reason we would like people to have a lot of fun even from the free Demo. Full OA still offers a lot more (including support for user mods) that we believe the more fun it is to be had in the demo the more people will join A2OA later.

I honestly though youu wouldn't let people use the editor made mission in MP beacuse people would have a lot of fun with it for a long time and would only buy OA later.

I agree with BIS on this approach of leting users have more fun with the demo. In the end, i believe there will be a greater amount of users wanting more and thus buying it.

people would have a lot of fun with it for a long time and would only buy OA later.

Yes I was surprised at how much you can do with the demo's. I was expecting a couple of small missions not the editor too! I have both demo's but I intend to pick up CO as soon as my cash flow allows. If this game was made by (insert big faceless developer) that doesn't care as much as BIS do; I would have dinned out on these demo's for as long as possible but these guys seem different. They actually pay attention to the community & care about the product. For those reasons I'm going to get CO (& British forces) as soon as I can!

Keep up the good work BIS!!

Yes I was surprised at how much you can do with the demo's. I was expecting a couple of small missions not the editor too! I have both demo's but I intend to pick up CO as soon as my cash flow allows. If this game was made by (insert big faceless developer) that doesn't care as much as BIS do; I would have dinned out on these demo's for as long as possible but these guys seem different. They actually pay attention to the community & care about the product. For those reasons I'm going to get CO (& British forces) as soon as I can!

Keep up the good work BIS!!

Thats what i like to hear chap.

Welcome aboard

Thats what i like to hear chap.

Welcome aboard

Ditto! You wont be dissapointed!

Shame not all ppl think like you!

Edit:-

meant to quote the person you quoted too Pauld :D

I created mission and have copied the folder pretty much everywhere, but still cant see it when i go to host game.

Edit: i have win 7

Edited by Bug

Ditto! You wont be dissapointed!

Shame not all ppl think like you!

Edit:-

meant to quote the person you quoted too Pauld :D

Ahh no worries claw its nice to be quoted once in awhile :)

Why does the mouse movement feel so sluggish? It's not that it's too slow or too sensitive, but it's just not smooth. It's not a performance issue or anything like that, just the controls. Is there a setting I should try changing?

I created mission and have copied the folder pretty much everywhere, but still cant see it when i go to host game.

Edit: i have win 7

In editor, save - export to multiplayer.

(no need to copy folder anywhere)

ODEN;1695726']In editor' date=' save - export to multiplayer.

(no need to copy folder anywhere)[/quote']

Tried that too. Didnt work. I checked mpmissions folder after saving and there wasnt even any files, only folder.

Same here. Export does not work.

There are several bugs that I have seen in the Demo

- Marking maps does not work

- Random black screens in the middle of a round or on spawn

I can move, shoot, crouch....etc but my screen is completely black

and I have to shut down the game using task manager.

Some people can chat while in blackscreen, others can't

I had the blackscreen problem in Arma 2 before it dissapeared

after a patch.

- Spawning on a blank map or only some buildings and wall visible.

I can hear people shooting and running around but can't see anyone or 99% of the buildings.

in some cases I can see people running around but no buildings or walls.

When I'm not having those problems I have observed people who are, you can see them running around aimlessly

at the edges of the town looking around. It's like you're in seperate dimensions.

Edited by jblackrupert

what I did was I set up my mission in the editor like usual, then saved it to user missions. went to documents\arrowhead demo\missions folder and copied the unpacked mission from there to documents\arrowhead demo\MPMissions. it showed up blue in the mp missions list, but it worked.

what I did was I set up my mission in the editor like usual, then saved it to user missions. went to documents\arrowhead demo\missions folder and copied the unpacked mission from there to documents\arrowhead demo\MPMissions. it showed up blue in the mp missions list, but it worked.

Thanks. I got it working now. For some reason mpmission folder was in wrong place. It was Arma 2 OA demo/saved/mpmissions.

I'm just trying to get used to flying helicopters in the demo's. I find myself fighting with the chopper to bring my cross-hairs onto target! You see I used to rip around in the lil bird from bf2 (bunny hop that mother f**ker!:mad:(WOW I won't need to say that any more!:D)). Obviously this being a sim-ish type game; I'm not so much ripping about as smashing n crashing about! I can't hit infantry to well either: I hover about 700-1000m away zoom in & open up missing them completely! :rolleyes:

So I was just wondering if anyone has any hot tips other than practise, practise (because I'll be doing that too!). I love flying about in heli's even if it's just air-taxi but I suck at the moment so any hints will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers ;)

Why does the mouse movement feel so sluggish? It's not that it's too slow or too sensitive, but it's just not smooth. It's not a performance issue or anything like that, just the controls. Is there a setting I should try changing?

Try modifying the smoothing value in Controls, might help.

I'm just trying to get used to flying helicopters in the demo's. I find myself fighting with the chopper to bring my cross-hairs onto target! You see I used to rip around in the lil bird from bf2 (bunny hop that mother f**ker!:mad:(WOW I won't need to say that any more!:D)). Obviously this being a sim-ish type game; I'm not so much ripping about as smashing n crashing about! I can't hit infantry to well either: I hover about 700-1000m away zoom in & open up missing them completely! :rolleyes:

So I was just wondering if anyone has any hot tips other than practise, practise (because I'll be doing that too!). I love flying about in heli's even if it's just air-taxi but I suck at the moment so any hints will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers ;)

Changing the sensitivity on some of the controls may help, though I dunno if that would apply to a Joystick only or not, I'd have to check. Also if you do not have a joystick, getting one may help a little. I have a cheap little logitec 3d pro and it does me just fine for now.

Does anyone here fly the choppers with the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro? Could you recommend a button layout for the choppers? I tried the Little Bird mission but I crash trying to kill the convoy while flying with the mouse and keyboard.

Well ive played it some more and im really impressed with the detail gone into those towns, the houses/huts are awesome, kinda reminds me of the huts we built as kids... and i noticed the background mountains dont change shape when moving... and i really like the colour modules.

I wasnt overly bothered before but now im looking forward to getting the full version