Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead - DEMO!

omg taking so long to download, been going since noon and it's 4PM now.

Not even halfway done.

What settings do you use? :s

I just tested me alone (no AI) in Feruz Abad, all settings to normal, VD 1600, 1280x1024 with 75%3d resolution, no pp. I get between 35 and 40 fps all the time.

Flying with a helo it also feels smooth, although I can see objects poping up quite frequently.

My specs:

CPU AMD 9850 quad core 2.5GHz

2GB ram

ATI 3870 512 ram

Win XP SP3

By the way, demo build is 1.52.72153

Edited by someBoy

Wow I just tried it, it runs very smooth for me (a lot more than Arma2), although I haven't tried big battles. I have a quad core, 2 gigs ram and an ATI 3870, and with med to low settings I get always more than 30fps, even if I mess with the town gen module. The thing is, even at 30fps it feels really smooth, no microstutter at all, very responsive. Feels like 100fps. Great job BIS!

Same here...on an AMD 64x 5200+ PP: High, 1440x900, (%133 3d res), AA off, Terrain: High, Texture: high, View dist: 2000, in the town areas. Was wondering if in the demo there is perhaps a reduction in the texture resolution and object placements?

As it is, it runs excellently. (Still getting a new CPU though ^_^). Great job BIS...looking forward to getting this almost as much as I was wating for ArmA 2 to come out.

EDIT: Go Linda!!

Edited by Bascule42

Well shit the one time i'm out of the house most of the day you guys have to drop this when i'm not lookin :(

Me d/ling :D

After my download cutting out half way 3 times its good to know its now up on steam :)

Still downloading, but I did stop the download for a few hours because others in the house wanted to use the internet but it was slow for them during the download.

Ok so I got an error message on the torrent, so I started downloading from Steam and it's downloading it faster now, it's already gotten further in 1 hour than the torrent did in 3 hours.

Edited by ebevan91

usually BIs releases new missions with demo. is there any new here? downloaidng anyway so my freinds can try best game available out.

A2OA demo allows users create and play their own scenarios for both sp and mp.

Here's a Hungarian mirror.

http://www.pcdome.hu/letoltes/3718/arma_2_operation_arrowhead_pc

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

By the way there a mission called Z pouste on a demo MP server. Dunno how they got it into MP.

I created a mission in the editor, but when i export it to either SP or MP, they wont appear there.

Edit: oh I see it was created through a template. :)

Edited by ziiip

Hmm so i can't export my nice missions from editor for some demo MP play?

I tried it to the regular way and also hacked myself such a template-scenario file, but thats just bad stuff.

Ohh Ziiip, we saw today online :p

I really have to say the demo is great, the game is much more polished as Arma2 and runs flawlessly and super-fluid with all from high to super-high settings and 3000VD.

In the delivered benchmark mission i get with those settings average 51FPS :D

Hmm so i can't export my nice missions from editor for some demo MP play?

I tried it to the regular way and also hacked myself such a template-scenario file, but thats just bad stuff.

Ohh Ziiip, we saw today online :p

I really have to say the demo is great, the game is much more polished as Arma2 and runs flawlessly and super-fluid with all from high to super-high settings and 3000VD.

In the delivered benchmark mission i get with those settings average 51FPS :D

Probably because it is a cut down map like the ARMA2 demo was. From most other accounts I read, in the real full game people are getting below average performance and nothing like 51fps. 19-35 seems to be common.

I was genuinely surprised to hear you admiring OA, Mr. G-C ;)

On that framerate issue: is it possible to use the demo map in the full game?

Probably because it is a cut down map like the ARMA2 demo was. From most other accounts I read, in the real full game people are getting below average performance and nothing like 51fps. 19-35 seems to be common.

Not for me it ain't. Zargabad is still a lagfest, but on Takistan I get 40-60fps, sometimes even higher. (That's with most settings on very high and VD 3000.)

I actully get worst frames on the demo then on the full game.. kinda strange but aslong as my full game works better then im all happy

why are people with the full version downloading the demo?

Curiosity? Also, playing online with some noobs and recruiting them to the darkside. Muahahaha!

why are people with the full version downloading the demo?

Because BIS made it.

Curiousity.

Maybe help a few noobs out and hope they take interest in the series.

Lots of people I've played with were complaing of black screens in the middle of a round

or maps loading empty on respawn.

I was ok for a few hours but now I can only play for a couple minutes

before I blackscreen and have to force the the game to shutdown with task manager.

I was genuinely surprised to hear you admiring OA, Mr. G-C ;)

On that framerate issue: is it possible to use the demo map in the full game?

Well if a product is "great" and deserves praise it'll surely get it from me - as good as i can complain/bash things i can also praise things. :D

You need to see posts of me in other product forums when i am fully satisfied with, lets say, a new Alpine Headunit because i got audiophile orgasm's, or well made Stainless-Steel exhaust-headers for my V8 500E Mercedes, or etc etc.

Dunno if we could use the demo Map in the Full game, but still tooo bad we couldn't run our own little demo MP missions made with the editor... such a feature won't have hurt the sales of OA-Retail IMHO.

I have encountered a really weird bug. Here's the scenario: two OPFOR choppers carrying men are supposed to drop them off at rougly the same place(but still not next to each other). Not only do they not drop them where i set the marker, but they wanan do it at the exact same position, so they collide with each other.

Edit: the problem only happens if the squads that are dropped from the choppers have a their first waypoint set very close to each other.

Here's a pic showing how to reproduce. http://img534.imageshack.us/i/arma2oademo201007221911.png/

Edited by ziiip

Is it allowed to make multiplayer missions in the demo? I've tried making one and it didn't show up on the missions list when I tried hosting.