Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

i have some problems using WICT.

i have firstly modified the takistan template by Telson_VBAU ("mylogic"-issue) and then added the WICT and WICT_data folder cuz the mission asked for it ("can't open script Wict\bla.sqf" etc).

so now there are bases created and all seems fine. but when i make myself a civi and wait at the neutral flag, there is no one coming to try to capture it. not east and not west.

what am i supposed to do to make the action start. as stated before i got no error messages.

so do i just have to wait ages or is something wrong or is this feature not even supposed to be in that mission?

i know it's most likely my stupidity which causes the problems but pls help me anyways cuz i really need to have this for my map. it's just the perfect setting for this kind of free roam stuff.

anyways. here my mission folder: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uvl6bh

i also would like to know which files need to be edited to replace the Taki army units with Taki militia ones.

thx in advance BB

PS.: pls update the the takistan template and add it to the first post. i can imagine that lots of simple minded people like me (and OA only users especially) could be put off by a lack of an easy example. and that would be a huge shame due to the awesomeness of this project:)

you don't need that template to make the mission for OA. open startSettings.sqf and scroll down until you get to the pool of units. there are a lot of classnames. you need to change them to OA classnames. that's why I didn't update the template.

sorry I'm answering from my mobile...

you don't need that template to make the mission for OA.

i need to cuz i fail to set up a WICT mission from scratch:o

ok so i need to change the startSettings.sqf. thx!

now what about my other (and for me more important) question?!

but when i make myself a civi and wait at the neutral flag, there is no one coming to try to capture it. not east and not west.

what am i supposed to do to make the action start?

You don't need Telson_VBAU template, that is what I meant. New WICT doesn't even use that kind of folder system anymore!

Create new mission with F2 OA template and place latest (!) WICT and WICT_data folders in your mission.

You will have to use OA classnames

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1663809#post1663809

or from this link

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/indexOA.php

That's why I didn't make any template (+ I didn't have time because I was busy scripting).

For example : in startSettings.sqf find/replace all

-- USMC_Soldier_AR with US_Soldier_AR_EP1

-- RU_Soldier with i.e. TK_Soldier_EP1

etc. etc. etc.

Did you scroll down in startSettings.sqf and found the pool of units?

After that activate WICT and action will start. There was no action because there were no spawned units at all...

Is there anyone interested in making new WICT trailer ?!

Cinematics, experience, performance, some mission part, dunno...

Curious as too what else you might be up to :D

I can't drop it, not with unfinished business :cool:

I am cooking v6.0 :D

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Awesome, the task creator sounds really interesting... my turn for real life getting in the way, but in a good way... BBQs and beers on the new deck :yay:

Just cant put it down can you :D

MCC doesnt work properly for me, when i use it the mission auto starts with a lot of units from the start bringing my system to its knees, not sure what i did wrong but just gave up.

That is because (as said in our mcc info thread) MCC is a MP mission. When you start it in singleplayer all possible playable units indeed showup on the map while in MP it makes you choose which you want to play.

MCC does not have SP support and its not even a SP mission. Just put it in MP and start your own local server. You can play perfectly fine then like in SP.

Hope that helps.

WICT v6.0

-- made basic layout easier!!!

-- added load KRON_Strings.sqf for Kronzky strings in start.sqf

-- removed the list of bases (in previous versions you wrote them manually) at the beginning of startSettings.sqf and changed autoFlag.sqf function to support base types

-- added automatic sorting of bases according to the flag's color in autoFlag.sqf

-- changed setupW.sqf and setupE.sqf to support base types too

-- improved responsiveness of flag.sqf script (new subscript in the main script)

-- changed the way directional zone is created (to match new system with base types)

-- added complete path to the file you want to execute via sandbox_exe.sqf script (removed chapters folder) and also improved responsiveness of that script

-- completely new taskCreator script that helps you easily develop and control the storyline from the editor without need to make any script

-- included special taskCreator execution in sandbox_exe.sqf script

-- no more ID for sandbox_exe.sqf -- it is generated for every script that is ran (from its file name) -- no need to write meaningless IDs and manually keep track of them

-- added optional parameter if you want to be able to run script again after certain period of time

-- initialized reinforcements check variable in start.sqf (reinforcements are for SP ONLY)

-- F2 is not needed anymore, all scripts use removeBody.sqf -- new variable WICT_removeBody in startSettings.sqf

-- removed second-spawn-probability from troop transport -- it can be done via startSettings.sqf (just add more "clones of the same variant" in the pool, contact me for explanation)

-- starting WICT is now JIP friendly

-- fixed some errors in clearMemory.sqf

-- new tutorials and online manual is adjusted for v6.0

Xi0PY-APshI

u0FCnc2CAzw

DcuWRSKvI-Q

sjRKHJCbBHI

cool thanks!

checking tomorow.

is the 6 line kinda final? :)

is the 6 line kinda final? :)

Well, I suppose... I had to round up some ideas you guys suggested.

I hope this will help to all of you, especially you zapat, to develop some new ideas.

I'll be here if you need me.

Is there a way that would allow the entire map to be populated with units and the battle to be raging everywhere because it seems like there is only fighting when I am around an area. Also, it would be awesome if the AI could call in close air support.

TacKLed if you want to bring your machine down to its knees yes :)

You can always increase spawn distance and make that area larger. Zapat is working on script that will populate the area a little bit more realistic.

There is no such game that can handle maps that big and populate them all the time, only relatively small parts are active.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to leave a question but please correct me if it's not.

I have been having some trouble with the WICT tool. I followed all the instructions within the first video on bases and it did not work for me. Perhaps you guys can tell me what I am doing wrong, I may have gotten stuck on the scripting part. I placed the WICT and WICT_Data folders into the mission folder and also put the other two files, init.sqf and mission.sqm.sqf in the mission folder, like was shown in the video. I think these screen shots could help explain it better, maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong. (If it makes any difference, I am using ARMA 2 Combined Operations)

Here is a screenshot from the Mission folder: http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb344/NorhteasternBomb/?action=view&current=Folder.jpg

Here is a screenshot from the init.sqf folder where I believe I messed up: http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb344/NorhteasternBomb/?action=view&current=init.jpg

Thank you so much for your help!!

-NortheasternBomb

WICT and WICT_Data folders should be not in the mission folder per se, but in mission folder, for example, Assassination1.Zargabad :) Open some of your mission folders and you will see what I am talking about.

You see that WICT, WICT_Data, init.sqf and mission.sqm are inside WICT_demo_DEBUG.utes -- that IS A MISSION FOLDER :D

WICT v7.0 :yay:

-- NEW!!! redesigned init.sqf look

-- NEW!!! separate templates for SP and MP (with integrated F2)

-- NEW!!! content folders = just copy/paste all folders and files into your newly created mission

-- NEW!!! integrated Murklor's Editor based AI script by trigger v8.0(also new Ultimate spawning tutorial)

-- NEW!!! integrated Bon's Advanced Artillery Request System

-- NEW!!! added modified versions of zapat's tactical mid-flight suppy drop with Universal Crate Filler v2.01 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops OOPS, and reinforcements scripts (new tutorials in Snippets category)

-- "unlocked" all pre-defined base types - now you just have to put markers

-- fixed bug in sandbox tool - number of seconds for restarting ID tracker is required! +improved performance

-- added sinking bodies in removeBody.sqf

-- improved all tutorials, especially Creating a new mission

Download now