Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

its just that as you are playing you may not check the map for 10-15 mins? at which time a base may have been won or lost, so some type of onscreen visual or audio indication is good especially if the mission is a pure WICT type base mission.

Player will still receive hint that beeps and see if his side won or lost base. It is player's call to check the map :bounce3:

I am seriously thinking about Marshal of Savanna...

Player will still receive hint that beeps and see if his side won or lost base. It is player's call to check the map :bounce3:

I am seriously thinking about Marshal of Savanna...

Oh ok, cool! Marshal of Savanna! well i can provide you with a mission.sqf's :p

at least that part i can do.

you may also consider the map "torabora" which is currently in development - would be suited perfectly for WICT!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111987

another point - do you intend to further improve your reinforcement-script?

Agreed, torabora is a really great map, AI love this map... would be great to see you do a mission on there

I've just noticed a bug related to airplanes which is quite annoying - if you setup a base in order to spawn airplanes (for a dogfight e.g.) then you'll be disappointed because it won't work. Why? Although the airplanes do spawn, I think the pilots aren't very skilled in the art of flying straight on - I've been watching them for several minutes and I've noticed that they often spawn the wrong way round (to be more specific - it's# a random direction for each spawn)- this causes them to fly backwards which isn't quite healthy for them ... (really looks funny though) Simply setup a base with a 100% chance of spawning airplanes and you'll see the show :)

Could you fix that problem? Else it won't be possible to use airplanes ...

@Velocity The problem is visible for F-35 because it can hover. And spawning direction is not random, that's for sure.

I really don't know what is their problem -- it could be they are "turning" to complete the first waypoint, because they "miss" it due to their starting speed, so maybe I can cut that waypoint out...

The solution was Murklor's script, but I gave up from it, since it was way to complicated to merge with WICT (complicated for other users).

The other solution is spawning planes from sqf.

I will check that air.FSM.

@Katipo66 is torabora finished? It looks fantastic.

Do you want to help with sqf?

I was thinking about covering whole island of Duala with 40 bases (20W and 20E) and to put some scripted NPCs. Nothing too fancy.

Making whole mission in 3D editor is really painful. But making some NPCs and adding them to WICT is beautiful.

--UPDATE--

And yes, it is the FSM and planes are "missing" the first waypoint... I don't know how I didn't realize it earlier...

And I don't know if I am supposed to make an update or not :o

Foxhound will hate me ;) I am updating these scripts once in a day.

They are all good tweaks, but this would be fourth update since version v5.3 :D

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Keep updating mate ! It's all good ! As long as they get updated on the wiki then we all are fine :)

Also why are you using the 3D editor ? Won't the normal 2D do ?

Yes, you can use normal 2D editor, but you are missing the point :

3D editor provides SQF that can be executed later in the game and in that way you can make sandbox mission that exceeds number of groups.

SQM will spawn all groups at the beginning and I want scripted mission to spawn on trigger.

I though Murklor's script can fit in WICT, but it still has groups limit, dummy groups etc. ...

I found my way around :D

I am preparing new surprises even from the normal 2D editor :D

@Katipo66 is torabora finished? It looks fantastic.

Do you want to help with sqf?

I was thinking about covering whole island of Duala with 40 bases (20W and 20E) and to put some scripted NPCs. Nothing too fancy.

Its still work in progress, but i believe any new updates wont effect missions, i think Torabora offers better game play as AI seem to use the cover/clutter/rocks really well, 40 bases! nice...

Yeah i can help with sqf if you need it, would it be just simple groups with guard waypoint etc

But I would wait until the next release of Torabora as there will be caves included - which sounds very promising :)

@Velocity how would you improve reinforcement-script?

@Katipo66 -- not necessarily simple groups with guard waypoint -- you will see soon what I am cooking :)

In Timebender I used 53 bases, but my original idea abut bases being hidden didn't work well, but now after watching wict work I already know why. It is very sensitive to reference point placement (That is the position of player correlated to bases). The best is when you are between the two spawning bases. And this hapened only in rare cases which caused a not balanced battlefield... But practice makes perfect, doesn't it, :)

I soon start working on a full dynamic mission that will be able to cover all maps and will be about a sergeant on front duty, with various dynamic tasks (including patrol, seek and destroy, defend city, full scale frontal assault, etc.). My only concern is time again. The idea is prety much ready, this version is Wict what I was waiting for: it is perfect for such missions. Anyways, we'll see. No promises, just an idea. :)

I have some mission ideas for MoS as well if you guys decide to give it a go.

A2h. just keep updating as long as there are bugs and as long as you have new ideas. You can spare a lot of time for others this way. :)

Edited by zapat

@zapat - looking forward to playing your new mission when it's ready :)

@A2h - PM :P

WICT v5.4

this is amazing - check new tutorial and example mission :cool:

-- added new function swap_me.sqf to sandbox template and also provided example mission Ultimate spawning named after the new version of Ultimate spawning tutorial

-- changed behavior of air (both air.FSM)

@Katipo66 will you stop now on guards only :) you can swap them with whole battalion :cool:

(here, for you to listen while making missions

:D) Edited by ArmAIIholic

WICT v5.4

this is amazing - check new tutorial and example mission :cool:

-- added new function swap_me.sqf to sandbox template and also provided example mission Ultimate spawning named after the new version of Ultimate spawning tutorial

-- changed behavior of air (both air.FSM)

@Katipo66 will you stop now on guards only :) you can swap them with whole battalion :cool:

(here, for you to listen while making missions

:D)

Whoa! damn gotta wait till after work... sounds really good, ive actually become very comfortable editing in the 3d editor but using a civilian and "Swapping units" sounds awesome! as now its a pain to find the correct units in the unit selection box, anyway cant wait to check it out..

And i yes, that music is great motivation when building missions... very epic! :D

Really good work bro!

@Katipo66

You don't have to limit yourself Katipo66 to CfgGroups....

There are numerous ways to use BIS_fnc_spawnGroup and swap_me.sqf.

null = [group _unit_2,"WEST,5"] execVM "WICT\sandbox\swap_me.sqf";

null = [group _unit_2,"EAST,[""RU_Soldier_SL"", ""RU_Soldier_TL"", ""RU_Soldier_AR""]"] execVM "WICT\sandbox\swap_me.sqf";

null = [group _unit_2,"West,(configFile >> ""CfgGroups"" >> ""West"" >> ""CDF"" >> ""Mechanized"" >> ""CDF_MechInfSquad""),[],[],[],[],[],getDir _unit_2"] execVM "WICT\sandbox\swap_me.sqf";

null = [group _unit_2,"West,(configFile >> ""CfgGroups"" >> ""West"" >> ""USMC"" >> ""Motorized"" >> ""USMC_MotInfSection""),[],[],[],[],[],getDir _unit_2"] execVM "WICT\sandbox\swap_me.sqf";

You can use any array you used for WICT pool or build up new ones! :cool:

SYNC in 3D editor --- Yes, just right click at any waypoint and set SYNC link. You can do the same with triggers. It works the same as classical sync in 2D editor.

@Katipo66

You don't have to limit yourself Katipo66 to CfgGroups....

There are numerous ways to use BIS_fnc_spawnGroup and swap_me.sqf.

Bro, that's one very cool function! And nice to know u can sync in the 3de.. Curious as too what else you might be up to :D

Curious as too what else you might be up to :D

This is my informal good bye now :D Too many tasks at the University.

I really made something complete, nice, smooth template with numerous possibilities, some missions and I tried to answer to all questions and requests (I hope I succeeded).

I won't be scripting any more, not officially. I will be here checking updates, answering questions and updating and maintaining WICT website.

I will search for snippets and mods that can be used for making sandbox missions.

Also I made update to Marshal of Savanna A2 (WIP), so if anyone is interested to continue, I will gladly help.

It is also useful to demonstrate some new WICT features.

See you around.

It was really wonderful experience to make this set of scripts.

Thank you guys,

Sincerely,

ArmAIIholic

Can I take this opportunity to thankyou for all your hard work A2H ! What you have made is a superb tool for mission designers to use to make the game come alive !

Good luck with uni .... it's a hard life but worth it :)

Kremator

Ah yes, real life :mad:

Ahaha thanks bro!! WICT is awesome :yay:

Please do come back and answer my (Doh!) questions :D

Ha ha ha, my brain is still debugging even without ArmA installed (I had to remove it or I'd never finish my work). I went to training (swimming) and it kept debugging line by line.... :cool:

I made an error in Marshal of Savanna -- all bases have to be configured in all circumstances!!! (I didn't follow WICT rule...). So I made some changes and you can take a look here --

• flag_list has to be global
  • setupW.sqf and setupE.sqf need different scripting to work properly

I'll be here somewhere :)

I want to take opportunity to thank you all once again.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

nice update

2 little things i notice is the reinforce script do not work on dedi(crash into the ground or lingor is the reason ) and "capture base" only work for me in Sp not on dedi.

@TeilX open capture.sqf and at the end of the file there is:

[nil,player,"loc",rEXECVM,"WICT_data\captureMessage.sqf",_message,_flag] call RE;

change it with:

[nil,nil,rEXECVM,"WICT_data\captureMessage.sqf",_message,_flag] call RE;

Please see if it is working on Dedi (do you get a message, does flag changes a color, is there a blinking circle showing that base is captured?). There might be a problem with rEXECVM on Dedi and I didn't have anybody to test it -- it should be working on Dedi according to A2.

Reinforcements script is for SP only.