Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Opfor is spawned in a Blufor controlled base upon initialization which then captures the base pretty quickly. Is this intended script behaviour?

Sorry I didnt express myself properly: I don´t dissapear but the vehicle im in even though I am still in it (my player will then be thrown out of the vehicle) ;)

I cannot zoom the picture, I've got an error. However, the problem could be proximity of two bases + plus the size of you spawn distance -- zapat explained it :D :cool:

I will check removing vehicles.

@zapat I will make a page and send you the link to edit.

:cool: nice script btw :bounce3:

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Okay Ill explain it again. I am inbetween a Opfor and a Blufor base but when WICT kicks in it respawns Opfor units inside the Blufor base ALTHOUGH the Opfor base is active and working!

It is just those few seconds at the start that Opfor is spawned in the Blufor base. After about half a minute they spawn as they should in their base.

As I understand the script mechanics Opfor should spawn in their base and then move towards the Blufor base to capture it right?

@MOS yes you are completely right, they move to the base. Just for a testing, try to move OPFOR base further away, but keep it active (increase scan distance), see what happens, if the problem exists.

I will try to fix vehicle problem by checking all emptyPositions.

I think it will work better than {alive _x} count crew in line 49.

Anyone have some other idea?

---EDIT---

zapat I will add your script to the WICT, as a standard part, when Debug mode is on!

But you didn't mention I need CBA....

Edited by ArmAIIholic

HA! Through a lucky coincidence I found out what went wrong... It seems as if civilians created by ALICE are considered OPFOR. This is why zapat´s script showed them as red dots! (which I have mistaken as spawn error from WICT)

They are also considered OPFOR by WICT triggerscripts, which is why they are able to "capture" the Blufor base that quickly, as they are generated at start of the mission in the nearest town, which was Pusta!

Sometimes you really need the skills of a Sherlock Holmes to find out what is going on in ArmA II *g*

@zapat could you explain these lines:

_err = [str(_x), "p3d"] call CBA_fnc_find;
if (_err == -1) then

which string are you looking for? It is working without it as well...

I just added

/* Waiting for debug in order to run on the server properly */
waitUntil {!(isnil "WICT_debug")};

if ((isServer) and (WICT_debug == "yes")) then
{	

/* Waits here for the first run of WICT, no need to run earlier */
waitUntil {WICT_state == "start"};
etc.
etc.

and wrapped it around, it is working as a charm man :bounce3:

and why + here?? (something new for me too :))

_targets = + position player nearEntities 10000;

Edited by ArmAIIholic

p3d: sometimes the wrecks cause problems. They are not opfor, nor blufor, and has their texture names in their name (nothing is strange in the Arma engine. :) ), causing static black markers that don't ever disappear.

_targets is an array. + copies the nearEntities array into it. _target becomes static array (the copy of nearentities current state), while nearentities is dynamic. You need to use static array, otherwise you won't be able to delete it perfectly.

I experimented with moving of markers, but there are so many changes happening every second, that this method proved to be the less powerhungry.

this is excellent man :)

I see in your script that it detects isKindof "LandVehicle" or isKindof "Air" and sets marker. I have empty vehicle and it is black.

But the rest of the script is removing all markers of the type "u%1",_n so I didn't experience any problems. They are blinking, appearing and disappearing, every 3 seconds, with starting offset sleep 2.2 + WICT_time; (you will see in the release), so I will go without those lines -- don't mind about few "ghost wrecks" here and there :)

Thanx again!!! :D

well, it wasn't originally made for wict, so probably the cleaning routine gets rid of this bug anyways. We can always put it back, if it doesn't.

Lol, this string function was the slowest in the script!! :)

Now without the need for checking the names, the first sleep function can be left out and it works well without blinking. Looks a lot better!

Edited by zapat

He he he I liiiiiike the blinks :) it is like some radar or something -- beep, beep, beep :D

Yes, I tested it on old demo for Utes (it is working btw and will be in next release) -- wrecks don't stay!

I though one
red dot
was a mistake on the map -- it was the snipet LOL

See you soon, you have a script with your name on it :cool:

+ your reinforcements script (it will be as modular though, I will make a page on the website under snippets).

And I am still waiting Katipo66 to finish his snippet ;)

New WICT v5.3b is released !

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Download

Minor changes in scripts (core files = WICT folder) -- no compatibility problems with previous version

-- damaged, but mobile vehicles are removed only if there is empty driver seat

-- fixed small bug in removing far, nameless vehicles

-- proper version number when starting WICT

-- added zapat's script that draws icons for units in Debug mode ON.

-- added old Utes demo mission, with new features implemented !

-- added example of reinforcements script (only if you are making SP) -- in demo mission on Utes you have to call your buddies first via radio -- at the moment you receive a message new units have arrived you can either press (you have 20 sec to do it) :

Space > 4 > 1 -- disembark = Touch & Go

Space > 6 > 2 -- eject = HALO (150m altitude)

P.S. this is what I listen when I program :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7J4YqRMmoo

Edited by ArmAIIholic

hey, i've got reinforcement script as well if needed, which is working in pretty much in all the situations. Heli lands 90% of time, soliders disembark well 90% of time, the rest is warfare casualty. :)

Check the new script ---- touch and go or HALO in one script :) plus Heli will protect you after that :) without script running in the background after Heli arrival :cool:

And everything is done via radio, rather than with script running in the background as you and me did it before :cool:

yes, this is really great. and the heli lands under fire as well. good tricks in that script... :)

I clarified using rEXECVM with some marked text (in yellow)

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/REXECVM_and_Dedi

so it should be clear now what is sandbox template.

And if you are not using F2, especially if you are only using it because of Body Removal...

...solution is simple...

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_new_mission_1-2-3_steps#Not_using_F2_body_removal.3F

Hey,

looks like a nice mod but two problems:

-when I want to start it from the editor and click preview I get this error that some 'defence' script can't be loaded.

- the F2 framework..is it mandatory for SP use..if yes how do I install it.

Sorry if it's already been asked before.

:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

Both demo missions have F2 script, you don't have to install it there.

If you want to create new mission here is the link

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_new_mission_1-2-3_steps

I explained how can you create new mission without F2.

And what is 'defence' script ? Can you provide some details, maybe from arma2.RPT

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files

Probably something isn't installed correctly, I didn't have any problems when testing two demo missions.

Hey,

-when I want to start it from the editor and click preview I get this error that some 'defence' script can't be loaded.

:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

have the same problem, only seems to happen when you start the map with the "previewfunktion"

P.S. this is what I listen when I program :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7J4YqRMmoo

thx for the catchy tune :-)

Edited by Velocity

the "previewfunktion" ??? could you be more specific Velocity... is it WICT's script?

I am preparing new release, I would like to correct it if possible...

--EDIT--

Never mind now,

let's talk about new tweaks :

WICT v5.3c

Minor changes in scripts -- no compatibility problems with previous version

-- removed annoying and meaningless messages about capturing base "base_1" etc. and replaced it with blinking circle on the map around the base that is captured or lost

-- moved captureMessage.sqf from WICT to WICT_data

-- did some more testings of sandbox template (sandbox_exe.sqf script) to test stability

-- new tutorial : Expanding your markers --- very important for advanced users -- makes your life easier if you build missions with a lot of markers !!!

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Well this is working very good so far, bases are being lost and recaptured, flag colours changing to indicate that, just a note about those messages... I didn't think receiving those message was useless, infact it makes sense to receive them, it's just that it only made sense if you played blufor, I.e. "We've captured b_0"

Would it be possible to have it optional and say something like "West has captured b_0", "East captured b_3"

Dear Katipo66, you won't need messages with graphical indicator (as I recall you or maybe Velocity gave me that idea). But you can change the text if you want.

When you open captureMessage.sqf you will see messages, for example :

BO - means BLUFOR captured OPFOR base. You can always use hint format ["BLUFOR captured OPFOR %1",_flag];

The reason I said it is useless is because I wrote new tutorial about expanding markers = how to easily make hundreds of markers!

When zapat made his first mission every marker had unique name, but it is impossible to pull off if you want 100+ markers.

So I made a compromise --- anyone can edit these messages, but it always has visual indicator on the map for 15 sec which base is captured and who captured it !!!

Yes i just found it after i typed that, so can change for what ever side no problem... its just that as you are playing you may not check the map for 10-15 mins? at which time a base may have been won or lost, so some type of onscreen visual or audio indication is good especially if the mission is a pure WICT type base mission.

Off to check 5.3c

Getting some great gameplay :D