Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Well if you put tanks vs. infantry sure they will. Or if you put your player close to BLUFOR base than that base will be inactive -- you missed the story about spawning distance :o

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

More news:

I finished working on these chapters:

1) Creating mission

2) Starting WICT

3) Flags

I still have to do :

4) Configuring bases

5) Performance

and at the end to write and correct tutorials about snippets.

Please see if anything is unclear and let me know.

Cheers

Hey bro, maybe better if the WICT and WICT_data folders are already placed in the demo to make it easier, eliminate confusion etc?

Any way testing it out now and everything seems to be running smoothly :D and nice work on the ability to change faction units from one script!

--RESPOND FOR KATIPO66--

The script is actually independent from demo now... I will have to think about that how to separate these two things -- blank template and Demo mission.

I am thinking about distributing configuration file with the Demo.

Now you can put any faction and custom units from other addons with ease.

And you can make convoys as easy as just making and array of vehicles :D

Do you still have your illustration of Spawning distance and Scan distance ???

--RESPOND FOR MOS--

I am working on answering your questions about setting -- spawn distance, spawn time etc.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

And you can make convoys as easy as just making and array of vehicles :D

Do you still have your illustration of Spawning distance and Scan distance ???

Not sure, i dont think so... but tell me what you want and ill make a better one

jake8787 : I tried that, but it is too complicated to maintain it. And the idea with online manual was to make it open to my colleges to write articles.

Do you have any problems with accessing online?

-----------------------------------------------

I've just finished correction of the manual :yay:

I finished working on these chapters:

1) Creating mission

2) Starting WICT

3) Flags

4) Configuring bases

5) Performance

I have to correct tutorials about snippets, but since they are optional, I will take my time.

I will also make a new download in a few days, with some corrections in comments, rearranged files and small demo mission included in DLC.

What is the most important --- there are several places in manual with How to use, which are now quick guide for using WICT.

I will put them on separate page.

See you soon :bounce3:

--KATIPO66--

Please take a look at the image about Spawn and Scan distance that Velocity made and if you have any ideas more transform them into images :)

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Performances#Spawning_and_scanning_distance

Edited by ArmAIIholic

ArmahoIIholic:

My gaming computer isn't currently online due to my rural location. Its no problem, I will make do with whatever you come out with. All praise screen capture and the flash drive.

One more question. I haven't tried out your mod yet but hopefully I will tonight, so excuse my ignorance.

Is it possible to configure bases offline?

jake8787, yes it is possible, but you have to read how.... Is there any way I can help -- send you only that part so you can read it...?

Something like this, here you go:

Let us assume that you want this setup for some base:

Regular infantry 45 45

Support 35 80

Specops 10 90

Troop transport vehicles 5 95

Light vehicles 5 100

The probability is cumulative (last column). Simply you can follow the list I gave you and calculate. Regular infantry has probability 45% and since it’s the first on the list it is 0+45=45. The next one is Support --- 45+35=80. You get it? 80+10=90, 90+5=95 and 95+5=100. That’s the entire math.

Therefore configuration will be (13 numbers) : [45,0,80,0,90,95,100,0,0,0,0,0,0]

The order is:

Regular infantry

AT squads

Support

Snipers

Specops

Troop transport vehicles

Light vehicles

Infantry fighting vehicles

Medium tanks

Heavy tanks

Medium helicopters

Heavy gunships

Winged aircrafts

Okay, I got it. It took me a couple of reads but I'm following you.

So I'm sure 100 is where you must stop, because you are at 100% probability?

I appreciate your fast response and your willingness to help. If RL allows I will play with your mod tonight and see if I have anymore questions. It looks absolutely amazing.

Thank you very much for your help. My main concern was being able to use the mod offline. I realize I am a tiny minority in that and am grateful for any help I can get.

I think that flag still won't work on Dedi --- changing color of the flags and proper display of the message.

I will fix that in the next release, I totally forgot about that, it was long time since last version and bugs....... sorry... :(

YOU ARE JUUUUST NOT AWARE WHAT I AM PREPARING FOR YOU ALL :D

xe xe xe :)

brand new improved release, Utes demo and some "über" tutorials :)

Edited by ArmAIIholic

A2H: something is strange for me. If I use

[100,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

nothing gets spawned. The groups are created, the counter can count them, but no actual soldier is on the field. Sometimes they pop up for a sec and disappear.

I guess this is the situation with all on foot units.

Vehicles are okay, so it is not base setup problem, nor mistyping. Haven't touched any of the files besides the setup array.

Using CO with if that matters, with only sound and landtexture mods and some visual mods.

yes, that's strange...... soldiers are not spawning... thanx!!!!!!!

--EDIT--

took me 2 sec to find it :) but I am :o thanx again....

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Thats okay, shit happens. :D

If you are releasing soon: I wanted to wait with it, till the first waves settle down, but I am asking it now: would it be possible to pre-create a battlefield? I mean it would be a lot more immersive, if you actually could arrive to a battlefield, and not to a quiet place.

Like having a trigger, that sets up a battle, and if you are inside a trigger, wict would continue around player, as usual, or something like this.

Easier method: mission maker could choose the point of reference, like by a global variable throughout the mission flow. Like either to the player, or another unit, or a marker. Would be great for some effects/ideas.

Edited by zapat

I am building sandbox template, new feature in the next release, and writing three new tutorials, so we will see if it suits your needs :cool:

New WICT v5.3 is released!

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Download

Changes in scripts :

-- re-written flag functions so they are now completely compatible with Dedi

-- fixed error in masterClassSpawn.sqf that prevented spawning of soldiers

-- moved masterClassSpawn.sqf from WICT_data to WICT folder

-- added sandbox template that is easy to use and Dedi compatible

-- "moved" battlefront marker to Debug mode

-- added task example to demo mission on Utes

-- included demo mission on Utes into download (waiting for OA similar example)

-- no more God mod inside Debug mode

New tutorials!!! :

-- Ultimate tasking

-- rEXECVM and Dedi

-- Sandbox tutorial -- only for pro users!

I congratulate you for dealing with WICT !!!

I hope it will bring you many hours of interesting play.

Sincerely,

ArmAIIholic

On January 13th 2011

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Thanks for the quick fix.

I made a quick script, that draws icons for units. It is fun to watch WICT working on the map... :)

And thanks again for making it opensource. Your comments and logic are so well built that I could find the part which is responsible for what I was trying to do. Again some endless possibilities opened up.

BTW: is it okay to alter your code and use it in a mission?

One more: the new sandbox feature looks great. If I understand it right it will spare a lot of effort trying to connect custom missions to WICT, although I still don't quite understand how it works. But it is getting late too... :)

Edited by zapat

Small question: where is the wreck removal from destroyed cars handled? Cause it happens often that cars which I took over from an AI crew disappear with me in them...

btw very good work on the documentation (and v5.3 too)!. Im stunned at how fast you are!

@ZAPAT: any chance that you could provide the code for that quick marker function? :)

Edited by MoS

@ZAPAT: any chance that you could provide the code for that quick marker function? :)

sure, I just copy it here, easier than megaupload stuff.

save it as something.sqf, and then easiest if you put

player addAction ["show", "something.sqf"]

into players init line in editor.

I tried to make it as lightweight as I could, therefore it may not be that nice, but works. Oh, and there is no way to stop it, but to exit the mission.

while {true} do
{                                            
   _targets = + position player nearEntities 10000; 
   sleep 0.2;

if (count _targets>0) then
   {    
       //create markers
       _n = 0;
       {
           if (_x isKindof "LandVehicle" || _x isKindof "Air" || _x isKindof "CAManBase") then
           {                        
               _err = [str(_x), "p3d"] call CBA_fnc_find;
               if (_err == -1) then
               {
                   _m = format["u%1",_n];
                   createMarker[_m,position _x];
                   _n = _n+1;

_m setMarkerShape "ICON";

if (_x isKindof "CAManBase") then {_m setMarkerType "DOT";};
                   if (_x isKindof "LandVehicle") then {_m setMarkerType "mil_box";};                    
                   if (_x isKindof "Air") then {_m setMarkerType "mil_triangle";};

if (side _x == east) then {_m setMarkerColor "ColorRed";};
                   if (side _x == west) then {_m setMarkerColor "ColorBlue";};

if (_x in units group player) then {_m setMarkerColor "ColorYellow";};
                   if (_x == player) then {_m setMarkerColor "ColorGreen";};
               };
           };
       }foreach _targets;
   };

sleep 0.2;

//delete markers
   _n = 0;
   while {getmarkertype format["u%1",_n] != ""} do
   {
       deleteMarker format["u%1",_n];
       _n = _n + 1;
   };

}; //endwhile

BTW: is it okay to alter your code and use it in a mission?

One more: the new sandbox feature looks great. If I understand it right it will spare a lot of effort trying to connect custom missions to WICT, although I still don't quite understand how it works.

1) as the licence says it is ok, but I would like to be informed about that and make sure that you write somewhere (info.txt or something like that) what is changed. My intention with that licence was to keep track of modifications and to publish them on WICT's website.

2) sandbox feature will :

• help you make tasks that work on Dedi and will update for all clients
  • help you connect missions created in 3D editor = the content of SQF files can be easily executed on server, therefore you can have pre-defined battles anytime anywhere

I will look at the code you posted and put it in snippets. Or you can do it. Please people, that's why I built website and made you admins.

Small question: where is the wreck removal from destroyed cars handled? Cause it happens often that cars which I took over from an AI crew disappear with me in them...

I will check that.... It is in clearMemory.sqf >> lines from 36-60. Yes, when I look at the code that can theoretically happen, but I see no reason for YOU to disappear... :confused:

Wreck are removed in lines 39-42 if vehicle cannot move or is completely destroyed, or (the rest of the code) it is a little bit damaged, but has no crew... So if you are inside it shouldn't disappear.

There is a mistake in line 55. It should be just isNil vehicleVarName meaning "there is no name for that vehicle" giving boolean true. For soldiers in line 93 is opposite -- if they ARE NOT nameless !isNil vehicleVarName giving again true so that group is skipped.

sure, I just copy it here, easier than megaupload stuff.

Wow thanks a lot!! This is a pretty sophisticated yet easy to use script! :ok:

@ArmAIIholic: Thanks to that script I can finally clearly see what buggered me the whole time:

arma2oa2011011409553270.th.png

Opfor is spawned in a Blufor controlled base upon initialization which then captures the base pretty quickly. Is this intended script behaviour?

The marker in Pusta is called "town_47" and this is the corresponding entry of the startSettings.sqf:

WICT_wbl = ["town_23","town_24","town_25","town_45","town_47"];
WICT_ebl = ["town_1","town_2","town_3","town_4","town_5","town_6","town_7","town_8","town_9","town_10","town_11","town_12","town_13","town_14","town_15","town_16","town_17","town_18","town_19","town_20","town_21","town_22","town_26","town_27","town_28","town_29","town_30","town_31","town_32","town_33","town_34","town_35","town_36","town_37","town_38","town_39","town_40","town_41","town_42","town_43","town_44","town_46","town_48","town_49","town_50","town_51","town_52","town_53"];
WICT_nbl = [];

As you can see it is correctly declared as Blufor base and not present in the Opfor array.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my spawn settings WICT_sd = 500; and WICT_scandist = 2500;. You can see that the Opfor base in the northeast is actiavted properly and a unit has spawned there, so it is not due to the spawn distance settings...

Yes, when I look at the code that can theoretically happen, but I see no reason for YOU to disappear...

Sorry I didnt express myself properly: I don´t dissapear but the vehicle im in even though I am still in it (my player will then be thrown out of the vehicle) ;)

Edited by MoS

Mos:

what is the closest Opfor base?

The ideal setup for good fronts is:

Wbase - you - Ebase

If you have:

you - Wbase - Ebase (that is you are not between them)

and the distance between you and Wbase is only a bit further than spawning distance, East soldiers can be spawned right into wbase.

A2H:

Sir Yes sir!

Sir, I am just not get used to the wikia page yet sir!

Edited by zapat