Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Kellys ACE2-OA YAS Repo Updated to b382 (ACE2 1.5beta Update-3)

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

I have never been able to get ace working, baught CO from steam a little while back and no good at all.

So just to confirm.

I download and install Addon sync 2009, enter this url to the auto server bit, check for addons, download all the addons listed then I can go into your servers and play ace multiplayer and single player ?

I can then use something like or indeed Arma 2 Launcher to launch the game with all the addons enabled (not used to using command lines to start mods etc etc)

The ace Demo mission wouldn't work last time I tried so I didnt ever even try multiplayer.

I really want to try ace but I have had no luck :(

Sixupdater wouldnt work for me also it seams however Addon sync is working I think and its now downloading about a gb of stuff, is this right ?

I have never been able to get ace working, baught CO from steam a little while back and no good at all.

So just to confirm.

I download and install Addon sync 2009, enter this url to the auto server bit, check for addons, download all the addons listed then I can go into your servers and play ace multiplayer and single player ?

I can then use something like or indeed Arma 2 Launcher to launch the game with all the addons enabled (not used to using command lines to start mods etc etc)

The ace Demo mission wouldn't work last time I tried so I didnt ever even try multiplayer.

I really want to try ace but I have had no luck :(

Sixupdater wouldnt work for me also it seams however Addon sync is working I think and its now downloading about a gb of stuff, is this right ?

Just make sure you are downloading the correct ACE version ( for OA/CO or for regular ArmA2)

Xeno,

I've honestly searched through this thread as hard as I could but if you could please help me on this:

I have both standalone Arma 2 and Arma2 OA bought separately on Steam.

They are both in my "common" in "steamapps" folders.

I would like to install ACE so I can play Combined Ops (through the option on Steam)

Are these settings correct?

7f9011a532efe41bfba1bc6cb9ee631f.png

Or should I be messing around in the Optional Presets "Setting" option?

I just want to get this cleared up as it's very confusing.

If you're playing arrowhead/CO, make sure you download the appropriate ACE version (from the appropriate server). Once download completes, if you received no errors, there is no reason to re-download - If things don't work then it's probably because you're not running/loading ACE correctly. Since I don't know what launcher you're using I can't really help you with that, though.

Please delete the SIX Updater folder manually and install 0.24 again.

SIX Updater folder should be C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater

Xeno

Works, :yay: cheers Xeno.

I like the new pop-up window for the GUI, too.

Ok, i plee that ACE devs and team get ONE Install thread and one ABOUT thread.

Could we do that from Next stable release?

Thread One:

How do i install ACE

Thread Two:

Cant drive stryker i have no lisence, MagicBox is full: what to do, WE NEED more...

bla bla bla....

Love the Mod!

couple questions:

1. Are bandages, Morphine and whatever that other med was still in the game?

2. whens the full release for the MOD?

Xeno,

I've honestly searched through this thread as hard as I could but if you could please help me on this:

I have both standalone Arma 2 and Arma2 OA bought separately on Steam.

They are both in my "common" in "steamapps" folders.

I would like to install ACE so I can play Combined Ops (through the option on Steam)

Are these settings correct?

7f9011a532efe41bfba1bc6cb9ee631f.png

Or should I be messing around in the Optional Presets "Setting" option?

I just want to get this cleared up as it's very confusing.

FPDR

I would like to know this as well.

Just so we can clear up confusion and further questions about running ACE with combines ops, can some PLEASE give a rundown of the steps (including what to download)?

[i'm running ACE with OA, but also have A2 installed on Steam and would like to play CO]

I would also appreciate a little help too.

I am trying to get the 1.3 version of ace to connect to a server. All the guides posted on the internet on how to install 1.3 through six updater are old and use the old method through six. However, the new version of Six updater is completely different. I dont have the choice of the ACE Mod (Vanilla) all i have is A2 OA and A2 any (vanilla). I used A2 Any but it never works after I've installed all the mods.

Can anyone please tell me how to get this working? I've been pulling my hair out for weeks now trying to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I have a problem with SIX Updater.

After the last update all presets attempt to install or update all mods on the six network.

Even if I create a no mod preset and I attempt to sync with it, it will try to download all mods and it will have 68 mods attached to it.

;1703962']Ok' date=' i plee that ACE devs and team get ONE Install thread and one ABOUT thread.[/quote']

I vote for Andersson's idea, too - atm we have two big topics here in one thread, both of them are good to discuss apart from each other in 2 threads ... following/leading discussions and finding answers to questions would be much easier by splitting this thread.

Edited by langgis08

I vote for Andersson's idea, too - atm we have two big topics here in one thread, both of them are good to discuss apart from each other in 2 threads ... following/leading discussions and finding answers to questions would be much easier by splitting this thread.

The forum rules and specifically this subforum rules is not allowing ANY of the dev teams to have 2 topics on the same mod/addon, so please stop requesting it

thanks for release! dig ACE2 so very much.

any news on when pla are back in ACE2 for OA?

Currently there are no plans to bring back PLA.

Xeno

Nothing works in terms of ace and I am getting a little bit bored with troubleshooting so-called simple installation methods.

I am yet again going to uninstall Arma 2 etc etc and steam and clean my pc of any traces then I will re download steam, then arma 2 and operation arrowhead all with default installation options and then I will try yet again to get one of those super simple programs to work.

Another day of troublshooting, ohh the joys.

A question

Why on gods green earth cant I just download the mod, double click the EXE and it will install the mod etc etc

Why does Arma mods have to be like this when pretty much everything else in the world of pc is a double click installation ?

SO to sumarise, again.

I will have Arma 2 and OA downloaded with steam default options.

I will be using addon sync and then Arma 2 Launcher as I think I understand both of these programs.

I will reinstall both of these apps also and leave default settings.

what a monumental pain in the but, much better than a double click exe installation, bahhh, will end up giving up soon, been weeks of this and trying to get basic instructions out of this community does not seam to be very easy.

Ohh well, here we go again.

Currently there are no plans to bring back PLA.

Xeno

thanks for letting me know.

Ok, then youll have to enjoy the Six and YAS questions instead of hearing praise and

questions about features and what not..Cause THIS thread is not ABOUT the mod

anymore...Its HOW TO INSTALL..And IMHO those two are diffrent topics..

BTW:

MK17 CCO SD, isnt silenced..Should be..

@Humvee28

I've tried downloading the 1.3 version of Ace but none of the severs are running JUST ace alone. Therefor I think I need to use Six Updater to get all the other files.

This is just too difficult. If someone could just write an up-to-date guide on how to get the stable version of ACE2 running and connecting to servers.

Can someone tell me whether I need to choose A2 Any(Vanilla) or A2 Standalone?

And do I need to install ACE_A2 or ACE to play 1.3?

hey could someone please tell me how to update ACE through six updater? like keep it upto date?

what do i open/run?

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

oh yay! i done it!

i should read around before asking questions

so easy this six updater when ya figure it out. i love it :yay:

;1704444']Ok' date=' then youll have to enjoy the Six and YAS questions instead of hearing praise and

questions about features and what not..Cause THIS thread is not ABOUT the mod

anymore...Its HOW TO INSTALL..And IMHO those two are diffrent topics..

BTW:

MK17 CCO SD, isnt silenced..Should be..[/quote']

You could just make one comprehensive post detailing how to install ACE on CO and that would be all you'd need to stop all the questions.

Geez man, I STILL cant get the goodies like earplugs and such even with latest release!!!

Ive chosen "process userconfig" with six-updater, unpacked the userconfig.tar and edited the userconfig with my username. Still doesn't work! :/ Major pain as I've tried to get this to work for weeks now. :(