Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Hit the link that AnimalMother92 provided in his post just one post before your post ?

Xeno

oh yeah i didnt see that, soz

i took a punt and tryed by myself, i put it to my OA path, then then went to presets, now its installing tons of .rars to my OA dir

that sound right lol?

EDIT: there not .rars, there all gz's and all that, but winrar wants to open them

:\

oh dear, i think i installed everything, in my OA dir

i got @ACE, @ACE_SM, @CBA, CBA_OA, and its still going

is this working properly? im worried now

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

OMG!

the fucking sound effects are nuts man!!!!!!!!! this is insane!!!!!!! how did i miss out on it all this time!!

well done dudes who made it,

Edited by AussieSausage

The Six updater is the way to go, if your gonna be running ACE.

My unit has chosen not to run ACE or any addons at this time, but when we do we will use the Six Updater to keep the server current. I also strongly urge all our troopers to use the Six to keep current with our server.

the fucking sound effects are nuts man!!!!!!!!! this is insane!!!!!!! how did i miss out on it all this time!!

well done dudes who made it,

I'm happy that you've made it :)

It's the same with every piece of soft-/hardware, you need to read/learn how it works and have to get used to it (we are aware that the SIX Updater UI could be better and maybe some day...)

The benefit is that you now don't need to download complete addons again when just a byte changed but only the diff (delta patch).

Let's say we change just one char in all addon files, for a normal download user that means he has to download ACE completely again, for SIX Updater users it means they probably just have to download a few MB or less.

Xeno

I can't connect to any ACE servers.

I am using Six Updater and use the function where i enter the server name and "install or update and join the server" but after choosing my player role it starts to load the map then stops and goes back to the main menu.

Does anyone know why this is happening? What i can do?

Should this be reported for CBA

[12110,501.105,0,"WARNING: isServer is true while isDedicated is false; You can safely ignore this if this is a hosted game; otherwise please report asap"]
[12123,502.13,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex"],[[[0,6,0,116],-1],[[1,5,0,381],-1],[[1,5,0,258],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[12157,503.835,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,false,true,true,0]"]

In my rpt file

Should this be reported for CBA

Did you get the RPT entry when connecting to a dedicated server ?

If so, then please report it in the CBA bug tracker.

Xeno

yeah i actually found six updater kinda easy, it wasnt as hard as people were going on to me about

after about 3 mins of reading, i was on my way to downloading. but man it was worth the wait, its changed the hole game for me now. im lovin it!!!

i havnt had a single problem joining a server, i dont know if its luck or not. but every server i join it works flawlessly :D :D :D: D :D

WELL DONE

just wanted to say the six updater did the trick.

i think this is an awesome mod so let me say thanks to the devs and everyone involved. Thank you.

The sound effects are hyper realistic. The sounds of the weapons .. I jumped in my seat when the first bullet cracked by my head. I honestly never heard anything like it. Also the vehicle controls are so much better. I really get a fear when playing now that goes beyond what i get out of arcadey shooters.

So well done.

yeah i actually found six updater kinda easy, it wasnt as hard as people were going on to me about

after about 3 mins of reading, i was on my way to downloading. but man it was worth the wait, its changed the hole game for me now. im lovin it!!!

i havnt had a single problem joining a server, i dont know if its luck or not. but every server i join it works flawlessly :D :D :D: D :D

WELL DONE

To bad there arent any INTERESTING servers that offers ACE missions..

Like ACE Domi, Benny WF Ace, EVO ACE and so on..

;1699558']To bad there arent any INTERESTING servers that offers ACE missions..

Like ACE Domi' date=' Benny WF Ace, EVO ACE and so on..[/quote']

theres 1 i been playing in

its called ( if i can remember correctly ) "15thMEU ACE US DOMI 2.22"

or its something like that, its 15thMEU though.

the below will show my happyness

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hi guys.

After I installed OA and updated ACE, I get these weird errormessages whenever I get to the main menu, or try to load missions, either from the scenarios menu or in editor. They go like this:

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgVehicles/BRDM2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret.MGunClouds'.

or

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgVehicles/T55_Base/Turrets/MainTurret.body'.

Does this have something to do with ACE? as anybody else gotten this?

Most servers running OA havent get ACE running becouse there's no current stable Version out yet.

But, i am sure when it comes out there will be plenty of em ^^.

(I Recomend you TacticalGamer or Shacktac for a awesome ACE experience :D )

Hi guys.

After I installed OA and updated ACE, I get these weird errormessages whenever I get to the main menu, or try to load missions, either from the scenarios menu or in editor. They go like this:

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgVehicles/BRDM2_Base/Turrets/MainTurret.MGunClouds'.

or

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgVehicles/T55_Base/Turrets/MainTurret.body'.

Does this have something to do with ACE? as anybody else gotten this?

are you running steam version? i was getting them. but i had to fix this up. heres the launch code im using

-nosplash "-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@JTD

if your running JUST OA, and no arma2, or combined ops, add ;@CBA_OA

thats how i got rid of mine, dont know if i need all of them. but i do cause it works perfect now :D

Sorry I ask but can someone give me the Command line for adding Ammo or items into the ACE backpacks ?

I can add a Backpack to a unit using: this addWeapon "ACE Backpack Name";

But i can't add items into the Backpack :(

hi guys i just installed ace for OA threw six updater no whats the best way to find servers running ace the ingame server browser?

I just finished testing and it didn't work :(

It was just an idea, something maybe worth trying out. sorry for that, mate ...

I just tested for myself, I even changed my class identity in the A2-profile ([name].ArmA2Profile) to the same entries as in [name].ArmA2OAProfile and as in ace_clientside_config.hpp. Maybe I never listened good enough to my player's voice or didn't care, anyway ... but now I can repro this problem ... with the moment you put eyewear etc. on (at least selecting and putting them on works for me !) voice pitching seems to go to zero (as if with this moment ACE cuts off the link to the profile and therefore is setting the value = 0 ?)

or is there someone who doesn't have this problem of losing the profile's identity with putting on eyewear etc. ?

Edited by langgis08

No, I am running Combined Ops, and mods ACE, ACEX and CBA. When I run the Six Updater the webpage pops up, and this is what shows:

To be checked

Mod Current Latest Info Changes Compatible?

@ACE 381 381 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX 258 258 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX_SM 51 51 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@CBA 116 116 Info Changes Yes Arma2

Disabled

Mod Current Latest Info Changes Compatible?

@CBA_A2 none 2 Info Changes No Arma2St

@CBA_OA none 2 Info Changes No Arma2OaSt

---------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems I am not supposed to install CBA_OA?

No, I am running Combined Ops, and mods ACE, ACEX and CBA. When I run the Six Updater the webpage pops up, and this is what shows:

this is exactly what I get and on my six-gui and everything works ok (except of common problems, meaning ace related issues). I'm running CO, too (-> my sig) - so you're not supposed to install CBA_OA, I believe and you're six-settings seem to be ok, too

Edited by langgis08

It was just an idea, something maybe worth trying out. sorry for that, mate ...

I just tested for myself, I even changed my class identity in the A2-profile ([name].ArmA2Profile) to the same entries as in [name].ArmA2OAProfile and as in ace_clientside_config.hpp. Maybe I never listened good enough to my player's voice or didn't care, anyway ... but now I can repro this problem ... with the moment you put eyewear etc. on (at least selecting and putting them on works for me !) voice pitching seems to go to zero (as if with this moment ACE cuts off the link to the profile and therefore is setting the value = 0 ?)

or is there someone who doesn't have this problem of losing the profile's identity with putting on eyewear etc. ?

Hey Thx for confirming this issue, At least i know I'm not going nuts lol.

Why are there a few missing Stryker variants that came with normal Arrowhead? I cannot see the CV or the MC in the editor. And why are they now all Green?

Edited by Hellfire257

Also, after having searched for several related terms, what has happened to the SU-27?

"The BIS Strykers are scoped out intentionally. You can still place them via script or by modifying the mission.sqm."

Why have these been removed? I paid for this content and really, I don't want them replaced by inferior things. I don't see why they have been removed. Fair enough, they may not have done anything (especially the MC), but I don't think a mod should be messing with what people see in the editor. Its not in their place and I don't think people want or need it.