Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Im a noob, but could someone do a step by step video? Please?

I didnt undestand nothing!

I have both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA bought separately

I just transferred my retail arma2 combined op to steam and now have to separate folders (arma2, arma2 operation arrowhead) and wasn't gave a chance to combine them like retail box version does and I did the installation like what Dwarden posted

is this this the correct way to install or do I need a combined ops key

You don't need to have them in one folder like on retail version. When you start OA, steam will automatically launch Arma 2 as Combined Operations from both folders. Just be sure you launch Arma 2 once, before OA (only to finish installation process).

the first post clearly states this method is obsolete ...

This thread is 87 pages long.

This thread should be deleted and a new instruction provided.

At this point there are NO INSTRUCTIONS!

all the instruction you need are in these 3 lines in the first post, especially if you read the 2nd line ...

The first 3 lines......

This whole post and thread is deprecated since ARMA 2: OA 1.60 release (automatic detection of A2 install

(A2 needs to be started once incase of STEAM/Desura)

it still can be used as workaround in case of some issues .......

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Firstly I bought OA on DVD

Secondly I bought Arma2 on DVD - some 18 months later

I bought them in the wrong sequence! I asked around here somewhere but no answer was forthcoming. I am an Experienced Microsoft User (“EMUâ€) so I knew that Combined Operations would be impossible.

Anyhow late this year I will get a new PC and try to install CO.

(I also have Reinforcements on DVD)

I think this is the correct sequence - please advise.

1. Install Arma2 and run it for a minute

2. Install Arma2 patch 1.00 to 1.09 and run it for a minute

3. Install Arma2 patch 1.11 and run it for a minute

4. Install OA to the same folder as Arma2 and run it for a minute

At this point I should have Combined Operations but there is more to go

5. Install Reinforcements and run the game for a minute

6. Install patch 1.60 and run the game for a minute

7. Install patch 1.62 and run the game for a minute

I see no option to run the game as CO. It worked fine before, I just installed Arma 2, played it, then OA and Arma 2 was automatically in there. Now, after installing ACE and bunch of other modes through PlayWithSix, it also worked fine but I wanted to try it without PWS and ACE only, so I created a few -mod= parameters in the launch options and started the game. I even verified files of both games, no luck. I now get errors about missing Arma 2 stuff, even my ACR has disappeared. Why does installing mods always have to be such a pain?

Running the CMD file was fine but in menu I still got an "Error: creating weapon CZ_750_51_ACR with scope=private" and during startup that the ACE requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'. If I run the game normally afterwards, it's Arma 2 is missing again. I also cannot finish the BAF campaign now, many files (mainly structures) suddenly disappeared! Suddenly, all the problems are gone once I disable ACE/CBA/jlib and Arma 2 appears again in the game

Edited by ElHyperion

I have a hard copy of ArmA2 & ArmA2OA, also full versions bought on line of BAF PMC & ACR. since the 1.63 patch If I use the ArmA2 launcher everything is duplicated. If I use Steam to launch the BAF & PMC are the light versions only. Why would that be?

I ran Arma 2 first, then re-launched steam in admin and launched arrowhead, checked expansions menu - Arma 2 was already activated. Still don't see combined ops. Ran that _runA2CO.cmd under arrowhead - no joy.

How can I get the combined ops to show on steam?

I ran Arma 2 first, then re-launched steam in admin and launched arrowhead, checked expansions menu - Arma 2 was already activated. Still don't see combined ops. Ran that _runA2CO.cmd under arrowhead - no joy.

How can I get the combined ops to show on steam?

Combined ops is running now automatically when you run arrowhead, you don't have to do anything anymore. If you choose to just run Arma, then it just runs arma, no arrowhead.

Does this make sense? run arrowhead and both games are combined. just run arma it is just arma.

Edited by rowdied
speling

Ok I see. However when I create a shortcut on the desktop for arrowhead.exe and edit its target line to include mods, the game doesn't seem to recognise Arma 2.

How can we work with desktop shortcuts and mods in the current steam system?

I'm have the same issues with desktop shortcuts ,I own retail box ARMA 2 combined ops and sprocket BAF,PMC and ACR . Switched all keys to steam and now two seperate installs (ARMA 2 and ARMA2 OA ) and a some command line files , why not one install directory like it was on the the retail install ? Or atleast have the option to install both combined !

Edited by bravo_01

Decided to re-install ArmA 2 today and activated my Sprocket keys on Steam but nothing I do seems able to coax OA to install into the A2 directory (and create a CO install).

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64. Prior to installing OA I've run A2 (as Administrator) and ensured that I have (REG_SZ) MAIN=D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2 in both;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio

Have tried running Steam 'as Administrator' before installing OA but always (have downloaded OA 4 times now) after selecting the same Steam library location as A2 I end up with OA installed in a separate folder alongside A2.

I'd really like to get this sorted for future ease of launching. Dwarden, help!

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

UPDATE: Okay, I've done the junction thing for AddOns/DTA and that appears to work sufficiently seamlessly (though I would have preferred to have a single install folder).

Decided to re-install ArmA 2 today and activated my Sprocket keys on Steam but nothing I do seems able to coax OA to install into the A2 directory (and create a CO install).

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64. Prior to installing OA I've run A2 (as Administrator) and ensured that I have (REG_SZ) MAIN=D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2 in both;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio

Have tried running Steam 'as Administrator' before installing OA but always (have downloaded OA 4 times now) after selecting the same Steam library location as A2 I end up with OA installed in a separate folder alongside A2.

I'd really like to get this sorted for future ease of launching. Dwarden, help!

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

UPDATE: Okay, I've done the junction thing for AddOns/DTA and that appears to work sufficiently seamlessly (though I would have preferred to have a single install folder).

Same problem here, tried to install, re-install; tried all the "workaround" i found in the Internet but no A2CO to me... I have bough the Steam ARMA 2 Complete edition.

A2 don't install into OA directory,

on STEAM you download Arma 2, install and run it once

then you download Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, install and run once

after that OA will detect A2 automatically

same applies to BAF/PMC DLC ...

A2 don't install into OA directory,

on STEAM you download Arma 2, install and run it once

then you download Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, install and run once

after that OA will detect A2 automatically

same applies to BAF/PMC DLC ...

Tried to do it again (hours of download for a fresh install), played AII for more than 30 minutes, then downloaded AH, played it for approximately the same time but it seems that doesn't worked. Then i tried the archive on AH folder and nothing too, no option to launch CO, ive do it with all the EXEs with admin rights. What am i doing wrong?

Not%2BWorking%2BARMAIICO.jpg

And just to be sure, they are in the same install folder of Steam:

KWCWDbGJh_V1uCVzRkQegbovf-dTPzWwryFy8ydZ4IA=w393-h207-p-no

Edited by Jambock

make sure you started steamclient via "run as administrator" then run A2 and OA once

make sure you started steamclient via "run as administrator" then run A2 and OA once

Done everything you said, now when i use the _runA2CO.cmd the game opens and all the games/DLCs appear as icons on the left of the screen, but stills no CO on the normal lauch on steam; and no servers on the multiplayer... What could i have done wrong?

as I tried to exaplain, you should NOT need the _runA2CO.cmd anymore, the A2: OA game is supposed to detect Arma 2 install by itself

as I tried to exaplain, you should NOT need the _runA2CO.cmd anymore, the A2: OA game is supposed to detect Arma 2 install by itself

Yes i understand it, but it doesn't work automatically (at least the ArmaII CO option dont appeared) so because of this i tried again to use the _runA2CO.cmd as a last try and as i said it dont worked too; this last time i've done this only after i be sure that the game don't have recognized the ARMA II folder (or something equivalent). And this is my problem, it doesn't work using or not using the archive.

So in resume: I launched Steam with admin rights, installed Arma II, played ARMA II (with admin rights) for some time (10 to 15 minutes), then i installed ARMA II Arrowhead, played it (with admin rights) for some time (10 to 15 minutes), and then i tried to see if the option of the CO had appeared, it did not. I shut off Steam, opened it again and still no CO; so then i tried to use the archive (both with the Steam program open and with it off) and still no CO. I already unisntalled and reinstaled the games a dozen times and i simple don't know what to do anymore. Understand the problem? It seems that the Arrowhead doesn't recognize the ARMA II or something. As i said i already tried all the "workarounds" and solutions i found in the internet and nothing. I will try to reinstall everything again and wait for a "miracle", maybe it is Steams fault but it simple doesn't work.

Steam no longer shows anything related to CO. It used to have a specific "Play Combined Ops" menu entry (or something close to that anyway). It`s simply not needed anymore, as all A2 content, and any DLC you have shows up inside OA when you run it.

Start OA, look in the main menu screen and if you have the A2/A2OA/BAF/PMC/ACR logos down at the bottom, you`re all good.