Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

"-mod=c:\path\to\greenmangaming\arma2"

example

"-mod=G:\games\CapsuleGames\ARMA II - PC"

The OP does not seem to mention sprocket versions. I bought both A2 and A2 OA on sprocket. Is there a dedicated installation howto for that scenario? I have A2 already installed and configured (and ran many times). It would be nice to be able to combine it with OA into CO without reinstalling...

EDIT:

How to combine Sprocket A2 and OA

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1863571#post1863571

Edited by Bucic

wow this is a confusing way to play a game you payed for. i wont bother. bis really screwed the pooch releasing this on steam. steam sucks always will.

The OP does not seem to mention sprocket versions. I bought both A2 and A2 OA on sprocket. Is there a dedicated installation howto for that scenario? I have A2 already installed and configured (and ran many times). It would be nice to be able to combine it with OA into CO without reinstalling...

EDIT:

How to combine Sprocket A2 and OA

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1863571#post1863571

non-steam method works for any distribution ...

---------- Post added at 02:57 ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 ----------

wow this is a confusing way to play a game you payed for. i wont bother. bis really screwed the pooch releasing this on steam. steam sucks always will.

on steam it's even less confusing considering all you need is

run ARMA 2 once

run A2: CO mode via STEAM menu

if this has been answered i'm sorry

i got Combined Ops ( arma2 and OA) off sprocket and BAF and PMC (Arma2: PMC Preorder Bundle) off sprocket as well

so i put _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.cmd in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead (where in OA.exe is)

after i extracted it with 7-zip but when i run it there is 4:

error the system is unable to find the registry key or value

i would check the registry but i don't know how

my operating system is windows XP

running each game separately is w/o issue?

e.g. ARMA 2 and then OA ?

@sas12:

I have Combined Ops+PMC+BAF off Sprocket, too, and I don't need any .cmd file to run the game combined. Just make sure that you have installed OA into the A2 folder and you should be fine.

@sas12:

I have Combined Ops+PMC+BAF off Sprocket, too, and I don't need any .cmd file to run the game combined. Just make sure that you have installed OA into the A2 folder and you should be fine.

ok so i uninstalled OA then reinstalled it in to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 now OA is in that folder in a folder called Bohemia Interactive I ran OA and tryed arma2, same problem everything else work fine standalone

Also do i have to reinstall BAF and PMC in to arma2 folder too?

All my Arma2/OA/BAF/PMC stuff is intalled into the same folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 (Win7 64bit); arma2.exe + arma2oa.exe, mods/addons folders, BAF + PMC folders, Missions folder, Expansion folder etc. are all inside this Arma 2 folder. Just make sure that you during install of i.e. OA point it to your Arma 2 main directory (and not to Arma 2\*subfolder_name*).

This just in.

Hi there,

i had to deal the same problems with A2 + A2:OA, both from Steam. I didn't get the A2:CO running with the .cmd file. I tried everything i could find to solve the problem ... nothing did the job. So i uninstalled all contend, cleand up the registry and reinstalled A2 from retail (got it from a buddy ;) ) and A2:OA from steam. I did manually patch A2 to 1.10 and run A2, A2:OA and finally tried to launch A2:CO ... no luck, didn't run. The command window popped up for about 0.5 seconds and that's it.

So i was up to open the .cmd file to try some "edit" and accidentally klicked on "run as admin" and guess what, it worked. :681:

Spend fkn half a day with that and it was just that little klick.

So for all VISTA users, try the "RUN AS ADMIN" with the "_runA2CO.cmd".

Perhaps this will help with both versions from Steam and/or other OS too.

If that solution is already posted somwhere within this 75 pages im sorry to bother u with that again ;)

edit: forgot to mention: Vista64 / A2 reatil / A2:OA steam / BAF & PMC steam / seperate folders for both games under ...\Steam\SteamApps\common

best regards

Edited by The6thWing

I have ARMA2, BAF, PMC and OA all on Steam. When i right click on ARMA2 in Steam it normally shows the option to "Launch Arma2: CO", but now it doesn't show it anymore.

Afaik i didn't do anything to mess things up. Any idea how i can get this fixed again?

When i rightclick on OA in Steam then it does show to launch A2:CO but when i play that way i can't see any map from my Arma2 folder, nor can a mod like Invasion 1944 find its own maps. (Invasion 1944 is installed in Arma2 folder)

the option is on OA not ARMA 2, also it works only when your run once ARMA 2, then A2: CO mode

the option is on OA not ARMA 2, also it works only when your run once ARMA 2, then A2: CO mode

Thank you for helping Dwarden. Ok so i was mistaken about the Arma2 menu..

But why then, why i do run A2:CO using the OA menu, doesn't it see mods inside the arma2 folder?

Even using Arma2 launcher, A2:CO, it can't see the Invasion 1944 maps. Even though the mod itself is in A2 folder.

I don't understand it.

Thank you for helping Dwarden. Ok so i was mistaken about the Arma2 menu..

But why then, why i do run A2:CO using the OA menu, doesn't it see mods inside the arma2 folder?

Even using Arma2 launcher, A2:CO, it can't see the Invasion 1944 maps. Even though the mod itself is in A2 folder.

I don't understand it.

because atm. the A2: CO mode using -mod= commandline (that's the prompt window started)

and when -mod= is used then ingame extension (mods) manager is autodisabled

this will be resolved in 1.60 patch where the A2: CO can auto-detect ARMA 2 install and ingame extension manager will work

and when -mod= is used then ingame extension (mods) manager is autodisabled

this will be resolved in 1.60 patch where the A2: CO can auto-detect ARMA 2 install and ingame extension manager will work

So what what you are saying is that we after v1.60 can use "Expansions" and don't have to use -mod anymore??

Hi... Originally I played ARMA II on STEAM and loved the stuffing out of it. I took a break for awhile and now that I recently have wanted to get back into it I have found all the servers are now using combined ops. So I bought OA on STEAM and since then I've had nothing but trouble...

ARMA II will boot up and OA will boot up individually but I can't get Combined Ops to boot up, I just get a quick black .bat screen and then nothing. I noticed that there was a thread here explaining all about the _runA2CO.bat file and how to get CO to run.

None of the solutions in this thread worked for me and believe me I've tried them all (been at this for over five hours) including diving into the registry and checking the paths (which were right). All I want to do is play some combined ops. Surely there is an easy way to get the two games to recognize each other and be able to play.

I am running Windows 7 x64. Can anyone here help me?

EDIT - Also I see this problem has been around longer than a year... I am dissapointed that the developers haven't had a go at a proper fix for it yet.

Hi... Originally I played ARMA II on STEAM and loved the stuffing out of it. I took a break for awhile and now that I recently have wanted to get back into it I have found all the servers are now using combined ops. So I bought OA on STEAM and since then I've had nothing but trouble...

ARMA II will boot up and OA will boot up individually but I can't get Combined Ops to boot up, I just get a quick black .bat screen and then nothing. I noticed that there was a thread here explaining all about the _runA2CO.bat file and how to get CO to run.

None of the solutions in this thread worked for me and believe me I've tried them all (been at this for over five hours) including diving into the registry and checking the paths (which were right). All I want to do is play some combined ops. Surely there is an easy way to get the two games to recognize each other and be able to play.

I am running Windows 7 x64. Can anyone here help me?

EDIT - Also I see this problem has been around longer than a year... I am dissapointed that the developers haven't had a go at a proper fix for it yet.

all what the STEAM _runA2CO.cmd batch does is execute

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

where %_STEAMPATH% and %_ARMA2PATH% are queried from registry (4 different types of registry calls were used to cover all from XP to W7 plus x32 vs x64 bit and UAC on vs UAC off)

result is simple, for example:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-modc:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2;EXPANSION;ca"

so if the batch fails for you, either the STEAM or ARMA 2 paths aren't in registry or something else is preventing the queries

the _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.cmd is just same variation w/o using STEAM path and run via STEAMclient but it does detect A2: OA path

Computer crashed and now am waiting on my newly purchased computer to be shipped to me - New Alienware system.....looking forward to the much added performance.

My question for reinstalling ARMA and then installing A2/OA.

Once I install ARMA, do I need to update any patch PRIOR to installing ARMA/OA (Takistan).??? Or can I just install ARMA and then go right to installing ARMA/OA(and that will update it......to that point).

I can't remember, if I needed to patch before installing OA.

Edited by meade95

I have:

- Uninstalled both ARMA II and ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead.

- Cleaned the registry with a registry cleaner.

- Reinstalled ARMA II and ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead.

- Run ARMA II.

- Run ARMA II Operation Arrowhead.

- Attempted to run Combined Operations from both the STEAM menu and .bat both of which failed.

All of this was done from a STEAM that was accessed via 'run as administrator'. In fact I have UAC off so it shouldn't even matter but I did it anyway.

Here is what the .bat process says when it starts up: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/combinedopserror.png/

It complains about not recognizing 'REG' and gives me a B1 error which kills the process.

Again running Windows 7 x64 and running STEAM out of my Programs (x86) file.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Alrighty for anyone like me who doesn't like reading through 76 pages of stuff that is at best vaguely helpful here's what I did to get mine working. It's a simple five step process. Make sure you make backups in case.

1. Back-up your _runA2CO.bat file just in-case.

2. Open your _runA2CO.bat file with a text editor.

3. delete ALL TEXT above the :runs line

4. Change the line below the runs line to be a solid address instead of this pulling paths from the registry crap. Mine was:

:runs

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca"

but yours might be different.

5. Everytime you want to run Combined Operations run it from the .bat file.

The only downside to this (if you can even call it that) is that it will recognize under expansions that you're running 'ARMA II' and also 'arma 2'. One of those is obviously erroneous but it doesn't seem to effect the game.

How this fix is not included on the main page is shocking...

Edited by TheLastRonin

i don't think there is reason to include 'fix' which every person can reach by logic

aka replacing queried path manually by predefined

this was explained in the thread numerous times and it's indicated in first thread

(in the details about what the batch exactly does)

the interesting part of Your problem is that

to me it seems You don't have installed or missing some components from your W7 OS ...

namely

C:\Windows\System32\Reg.exe

C:\Windows\Syswow64\Reg.exe

Edited by Dwarden

i don't think there is reason to include 'fix' which every person can reach by logic

aka replacing queried path manually by predefined

this was explained in the thread numerous times and it's indicated in first thread

(in the details about what the batch exactly does)

the interesting part of Your problem is that

to me it seems You don't have installed or missing some components from your W7 OS ...

namely

C:\Windows\System32\Reg.exe

C:\Windows\Syswow64\Reg.exe

I do have C:\Windows\Syswow64\Reg.exe installed. You can even have a screen-cap if you want.

Look, don't take this the wrong way and not to be rude or anything but not everyone who buys a game wants to spend hours playing around at being a programmer or registry diving. What you consider 'logic' most people would probably not even think about. Most people do not have extensive experience modifying .bat files or checking their registry. I have an average if not greater understanding of computers and 99% of this thread still made 0 sense to me (and from looking through the posts I'm not the only one). You need to make a clearly defined set of instructions or there are going to be a lot of people who end up just as frustrated as me. This should probably include advice to modify the .bat and replace it with permanent addresses and instructions on how to do so if the other method is unsuccessful.

If this is a known problem for so many users (and it seems to be when you consider it spans multiple threads on both this and the STEAM forums) why has Bohemia Interactive not attempted a proper fix in over a year of discovering the problem? Unless such a fix is not possible?

Edited by TheLastRonin

known problem for many users ? ...

gimme break you the first who has problem of reg.exe fail

(either it's some issue with rights on your system or some security suite / software prevents it)

(another cause of the failure might be missing or in-properly defined default PATHs for execution)

most of problems in the 'thread' are prior issues (older than year)

as the solution was updated on the fly and now just works and the problem was solved for 99%

various workarounds exist for the 1% who have problems (i do not deny some users have issue)

improved system (which we redone several times because it's not as easy as You think)

will hit with 1.60 update (but 1.60 was delayed several times to make sure it don't break)

then no batch will be needed for 99.99%

rest of the problems in the thread are usually people w/o registry entries (fail to run / install ARMA 2 properly)

which will be problem always anyway cause if something is broken or not detectable it will ofcourse fail to work

Edited by Dwarden

OK n00b question here, after reading a lot of posts for the last two days but I still cant find the info I am looking for.

I uninstalled/reinstalled arma 2 and then loaded and exited game

installed AO, shortcut went to CO by its self

Loaded CO and went to listing for AO servers, tried clicking the island/tab in the lower left for arma2 but they were both dull. Played AO multiplayer enjoy it a bunch but I also like the arma 2 server, can I switch something so I can play arma 2 multiplayer? Do I just open the game from my old arma 2 shortcut? Should I DL and try the file in the first post?

Remember I am only half as smart as I think I am, lol

I have the steam versions of ArmA2 and OA, and can run CO just fine by right clicking on OA. Yet how can I create a desktop shortcut that will start CO? I can't seem to enable addons from the expansion folder from within the game.

OK n00b question here, after reading a lot of posts for the last two days but I still cant find the info I am looking for.

I uninstalled/reinstalled arma 2 and then loaded and exited game

installed AO, shortcut went to CO by its self

Loaded CO and went to listing for AO servers, tried clicking the island/tab in the lower left for arma2 but they were both dull.

Played AO multiplayer enjoy it a bunch but I also like the arma 2 server, can I switch something so I can play arma 2 multiplayer?

Do I just open the game from my old arma 2 shortcut? Should I DL and try the file in the first post?

Follow my post here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2033240&postcount=6

Also check your filters in mp to make sure they are clear so all the servers pop up for you.

Yet how can I create a desktop shortcut that will start CO? I can't seem to enable addons from the expansion folder from within the game.

Just go into your Arma2 directory find the arma2oa.exe right click it "send to desktop" and it will create a shortcut on your desktop of Arma2CO.

Edited by Gnter Severloh