Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Max Payne 3 - Your Thoughts?

Well for me, it looks like Max Payne will never be the same again!

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/index2.php

He has moved over to Rock Star Games, and the screenshots look nothing like Max Payne and looks like its set in South America or something!!!

To me Max Payne was about the Gritty Story Line, The Style of Game Play and if they cant get that then to me thats a franchise ruined..

I was really hoping for a new Max Payne for a long time and now seeing this i dont think i will get it, Although i like the Read Dead Redemption engine, i dont think it can live up to the max payne we know.

What are your thoughts?

screen3.jpgscreen5.jpgscreen2.jpg

:(

Edited by Dwarden

I remember buying the first one just to support a local company.

Luckily it was also a fantastic game... not gonna be bothered with third one 'cos it's sold abroad..

I'm looking more closely to Deus Ex 3

You're looking at some very old screenshots and a page that hasn't been updated since the announcement a year ago.

After the reception the announcement received, they probably pushed the release date back so that they could change things. Notice it hasn't been shown at E3 (as far as I know).

It's not even made by the same people. Maybe we'll get Alan Wake on the PC sometime, I'm sure that's closer to Max Payne as far as storytelling goes since it's made by Remedy and they have the same writer, Sam Lake, on the team.

Sami Järvi (Sam Lake) was the one also who gave his face to Max Payne.

:)

Loved the first two never played anything like it the cutscenes and story were truly brilliant and emotional, i have my reservations about M.p3 but hopfully it'll do the same trick.

After the reception the announcement received, they probably pushed the release date back so that they could change things.

You mean so they could start all over?

I'm more expecting the series to pull a GR/R6 (revamp but make it worse) or Conviction (revamp and make it great). All in all, it'll either be awesome, or suck horribly.

I loved the other two Max Payne games but they were on PS2 and I was rather young playing them, but thinking back it would get boring pretty quickly nowdays.

Just running around diving in slow-mo and shooting

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm not hopeful in the slightest.

Same. Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to set a Max Payne game in a tropical setting should be shot. In awesome slow-mo.

Also, he went bald awfully fast. :p

The first Max Payne was awesome, the second was rather boring.

Those MP3 pictures doesn't look very promising, looks nothing like Max Payne.

I'll need to try a demo before even considering buying MP3.

Well the fact on that page he shoots his shotgun and no bullets are seen is just so bad, I remember bullet time and be able to catch the bullets out of the air. I hate that he is this changed and moved out of New York. Rockstar is good though.. Just hope they make something good of this.. but it will never be the same as before.

You mean so they could start all over?

Haha hopefully. At least give the man his hair back and shave off the hobo beard :p

I hate that he is this changed and moved out of New York. Rockstar is good though.. Just hope they make something good of this.. but it will never be the same as before.

Same here, i would love to see Max Payne back in snowy NY running around in old dirty hotels and whatnot :o

He has moved over to Rock Star Games

Rockstar making a Max Payne game? Such a thought is inconceivable!

the-fall-of-max-payne.jpg

Wait, zoom in and enhance on the bottom right of that picture...

I dont like it. Any firther exploitation of Max Payne is worthless. It wasnt about Max Payne only but about dark Noir-York City. Dense atmosphere and setting was something everyone loved. Now look at that guy, bald shaven, bearded, grim mercenary strolling thru some Brazilian favelas. No, Im a fan of noir and I aint buying this heavily strained story. Anyways it no longer good old Remed Ent but Rockstar and it is most likely to sey MP4 na dMP5 as well. Some heroes deserve to rest.

and title of the 2nd installment of this game sums up:Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

@ch_123- lol i didn't know that :D

I think this MP3 will be crappy , only a good shooter nothing else

Rockstar making a Max Payne game? Such a thought is inconceivable!

Wait, zoom in and enhance on the bottom right of that picture...

They published and funded it. But Remedy was the developer.

I guess they kept the rights to the name and now want to use it to make their own game.

Now where have we seen this situation before? ;)

Remedy developed the previous 2 games, then sold the franchise to T2, who passed development (MP3) to rockstar..

The only thing i didnt like about MP2 was that it was as sweet as it was short, but the improvements over the original were very impressive (the physics are top notch).

Anyone actually believed that Rockstar would make a good PC game version and release a level editor? HA! :rolleyes: .

http://www.destructoid.com/max-payne-3-troubled-rockstar-vancouver-worse-for-wear-160700.phtml

Its all about the money..

Not the Max Payne I know. He was neither a brute or a especially mean machine macho type of guy, as they make him in these old screenshots.

It looks to me like this title is hanging out at the same corner as "Operation Flashpoint": Dragon Rising. Even if it is Rockstar which develops the game.

Edited by colossus

What colossus said.

He'll never be the same again. It'll be like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Deus Ex, Red Faction, etc, etc...

...play the first one (or two or three), and pretend the latest "iteration" doesn't exist.

Trailer

I know its too early to judge, but cmon, Max is supposed to be a sad guy, looking for vengeance lurking in a dark, cold New York, not some kind of Bruce Willis gansta, fighting under the sun against boss "Felipe Da Silva Ribeiro Do Nascimento Gomez Ecc Ecc" only because Rockstar needs money.

And yes, I dont want to like this game! :p