Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

Hi guys,

First I must say i have A2:CO v1.52.

I just downloaded CBA 0.5.0 and using only CBA as it was said in readme.

Then I downloaded lates ACE, ACEX and ACEX_SM, all versions 1.3.

Last i downloaded Isla Duala v1.7.

Now when i enable it all at CO the game restarts to apply changes, BUT i get an error saying: "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.".

With earlier version of CBA, ACE, ACEX and ACEX_SM it worked.

I can't load savegames whith CBA 0.5! I'm running arma combined operations with the arrowhead beta patch. any ideas?

;1674598']You can't hate the egotistical blow-hards in this community who have to throw in a cheap insult instead of just giving me a direct answer. Kind of ironic with me responding to you but' date=' thank you for the link if that makes the insult feel any better. See my point?[/quote']

He has a point, though. All you had to do was look one page back, or do a search. You're also not the first to ask such a question, therefore it's understandable that people find it annoying when people aren't bothered to look for their answer, but rather demand one.

Sickboy still around or is Xeno driving the bus now?

Most certain they take shifts...LOL...I would :yay:

This comunity is a hard nutcase...:rolleyes:

And ps: The more costumers in the bus the more

ppl needed to control them...

As a Chinese guy, I represent of all the chinese players to give you ACE team a salute. Millions of thanks for your all along hard work. Expecting the OA version one.........

As a Chinese guy, I represent of all the chinese players to give you ACE team a salute. Millions of thanks for your all along hard work. Expecting the OA version one.........

I'd like to turn this one around. I'd like to say thanks to the chinese community for being part of these forums, and through fromz work in ACEX_PLA, contributing to ACEX.

It's great be able to use PLA stuff in game. The fact we have so many different countries represented in these forums and the game is a testament to what BIS, the ACE team and the community in general has done here.

Basically I just want to give praise to all of us. This thing we got going here, "Cosa Nostra" so to speak("our thing" to the less Italian inclined), is pretty wicked. We should all be proud of that!

So while we're all here drooling over the possibility of an OA ACE, I might as well ask a question to the devs:

Is ACE OA going to see any changes to the interaction keys? I mean its a nice idea in theory, but in practice its a very cumbersome feature that probably more than half the players miss exist (every game I played I saw people requesting help about putting on items).

Is there technical issues with using the action menu for this? I remember an earlier version where if you put for example earplugs into your inventory, you got an action to put them on. Worked like a charm and was much, much more intuitive. At the very least, could we not get an action option to activate the ACE menu rather than having to fiddle with the .hpp (default keybindings have never worked for me anyway, the windows keys dont do anything)?

So while we're all here drooling over the possibility of an OA ACE, I might as well ask a question to the devs:

Is ACE OA going to see any changes to the interaction keys? I mean its a nice idea in theory, but in practice its a very cumbersome feature that probably more than half the players miss exist (every game I played I saw people requesting help about putting on items).

Is there technical issues with using the action menu for this? I remember an earlier version where if you put for example earplugs into your inventory, you got an action to put them on. Worked like a charm and was much, much more intuitive. At the very least, could we not get an action option to activate the ACE menu rather than having to fiddle with the .hpp (default keybindings have never worked for me anyway, the windows keys dont do anything)?

Some keyboards are different (mine) and the windows keys can be anyone 219, 220, 221, or 222. Note that one of these numbers should be the app key as well. I disagree with you though on the action menu. I like having the seperate menus as I feel the action menu is too crowded already and I dont like the context sensitive stuff that causes the actions to appear and disappear in rapid sequence and your highlighted selection to change as well often causing you to select things you didnt intend. That is why I really like having the ace menu that pops up and select with mouse (I wish we could have the action menu the same way as well).

I do agree though that if their is a way to make goggles not be dependent on the profile name that would be much better. As some campaings/missions automatically set the player name it can be confusing when you cant get the feature to work. And if the above is the case you must create new profile with the same name as the one set in the mission, and go to clientside config and change name in there as well to get feature to work. This took me forever to figure out.

Also I would like to see a mod for the ACE wounding system that automatically enabled it on every mission, instead of having to rely on the mission having ace wounding module turned on. For example you could have an @ACE_W mod. Or maybe just a setting in the configs that you could set like the crosshairs or immersive dismount. Anything is easier than going into each mission one by one and editing them to enable the system.

Finnaly It would be nice to see the same sort of easy on and easy off capability for the Stamina system. I have learned to like the stamina system, but still at times I would like to play without it. I find that there are some weapons I just can't use becuase of it like Stingers. If I have a Stinger I can't hardly get around and in single player missions I don't want this sort of restriction when I am trying to experiment and skrewing around by myself.

Edited by Component Actual
Removed part sounding insulting...sorry

Some keyboards are different (mine) and the windows keys can be anyone 219, 220, 221, or 222. Note that one of these numbers should be the app key as well. I disagree with you though on the action menu. I like having the seperate menus as I feel the action menu is too crowded already and I dont like the context sensitive stuff that causes the actions to appear and disappear in rapid sequence and your highlighted selection to change as well often causing you to select things you didnt intend. That is why I really like having the ace menu that pops up and select with mouse (I wish we could have the action menu the same way as well).

True, it might lead to unintended actions, but its the most fluent way to do it IMO. Which leads to immersion. Suddenly loosing control of your character and having a mouse cursor appear is as bad as having a gigantic ammo counter that take up half your screen or something. Its a necessary evil in many situations, but not when it can be avoided.

Besides, I think that a single default game action which says "Interaction" (or similar) which then leads to a mouse cursor ACE meny consisting of two self/other buttons would be a decent compromise. This will completely eliminate difficulties with keybindings, even if the name still need to be set.

Regarding the ACE wounding system, I agree that something like it should be active at all times. Unfortunetly I do not like its rather severe complexity... Would it be THAT strange to have an equipable special medpack with all the stuff rather than packing needles and bandages and whatnot seperatly? Ideal thing to me would be a small medpack which can heal/bandage a limited amount of times (ie having the basic stuff) and then a large medic backpack which can revive units and fix severe wounds, at the cost of not being able to equip launchers, heavy weapons or snipers. Simple and efficient.

Edited by Murklor

I read somewhere back several pages that this will work with Combined Operations, but will it work with the old ArmA 2 units and user created mods (ie: SAS pack and SEAL Pack) as I just got done half way with my Campaign (Using ACE and ACE features) so will all my work not work in Combined Ops ACE?

Regarding the ACE wounding system, I agree that something like it should be active at all times. Unfortunetly I do not like its rather severe complexity... Would it be THAT strange to have an equipable special medpack with all the stuff rather than packing needles and bandages and whatnot seperatly? Ideal thing to me would be a small medpack which can heal/bandage a limited amount of times (ie having the basic stuff) and then a large medic backpack which can revive units and fix severe wounds, at the cost of not being able to equip launchers, heavy weapons or snipers. Simple and efficient.

What I really meant was that I think the user should have more control over wether the ACE Medic system is enabled or not. Because as it currently is it just depends on wether the mission has it enabled or not. I would like to be able to make the decision my self.

As far as the complexity goes I think it is perfect, I like he examine and use certain items and what not. What I dont like is how much inventory it takes up! I mean I basically need all 5 of my guys to be carrying all they can of medical equipment to get through most missions. And then they have to hand it to the medic and what not. Gets really old. I think a good solution would be to have medic pack that go in the launcher slot that come with all sorts of medical equipment and a whole lot of it. And the medic should NOT have to pack unpack these items either. I think a good thing to do with the other characters would be for them to carry medical equipment in the misc slots, as there are almost always 4 or 5 of these un occupied, and if they need to carry more it would be cool if they could carry them the way they currently do in the secondary weapon magazine slots. But yeah I agree the biggest draw back with ace medic system is the inventory management.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Has anyone else experienced this problem using ACE with Operation Arrowhead, where when you fire a rifle or really any weapon and the recoil causes the gun to aim up for but not return back down to wehre you were originally aiming?

Like in regular arma 2 if I fire an m4 the gun's aim will move upwards towards the sky for a moment then it will lower back down to about where it was orignally aimed. But in OA when I fire an M4 it moves upwards and stops at the highest point of the recoil. So if i AM firing using a scoped weapon after I fire at something the target is no longer even in my scope.

Has anyone else experienced this problem using ACE with Operation Arrowhead, where when you fire a rifle or really any weapon and the recoil causes the gun to aim up for but not return back down to wehre you were originally aiming?

Like in regular arma 2 if I fire an m4 the gun's aim will move upwards towards the sky for a moment then it will lower back down to about where it was orignally aimed. But in OA when I fire an M4 it moves upwards and stops at the highest point of the recoil. So if i AM firing using a scoped weapon after I fire at something the target is no longer even in my scope.

i could of sworn this was additional to OA from seeing a noted vid of it on another forum playing pure expansion.

i could of sworn this was additional to OA from seeing a noted vid of it on another forum playing pure expansion.

Indeed.

Other than that I can only repeat what I wrote allready multiple times...

ACE is not yet compatible with OA and we don't recommend to use it with OA.

Probably I should write it in big, huge letters :P

Xeno

I'll bet if Sickboy were telling us people would listen. Guys! Listen to Xeno, c'mon pay attention!

ACE is not yet compatible with OA and we don't recommend to use it with OA.

Is that what you mean.

;1676310']ACE is not yet compatible with OA and we don't recommend to use it with OA.

Is that what you mean.

Ah very good, just what we needed! :D

;1676310']ACE is not yet compatible with OA and we don't recommend to use it with OA.

Is that what you mean.

Thx I have a hard time reading small print, althoug I have already read this before. I guess I used the wrong wording with my question. Let me rephrase. Has anyone been a very bad boy and done the very very naughty act of using ACE with OA even though it is forbidden and you may or may not be struck down with lightning for doing so, and then experienced (and I wont call this a problem since bad things are suppose to happen when you commit naughty acts) a phenomenon where when you fire your weapon and the recoil stops once your aimed at the highest point your gun would be aimed at during a regular working recoil operation. (like when you u fire a weapon and the gun points upward for a bit then returns back down to same level it originally was at) but now it just stays upward?

Wasn't the "staying upwards" a feature of the beta patch?

As for the wounding system, enabling it for missions that weren't designed for it is just asking for trouble. It's bad enough that missions that weren't designed for ACE can have all sorts of issues, but being stuck with a medical system that just doesn't work because it uses items that do not exist in the mission serves 0 purpose and can only do bad things. What exactly do you plan to do in a mission with ACE wounds enabled if it has no medical items?

Also, overall I prefer playing ACE without ACE wounds and would rather play with either no injury module or the BIS one.

I'm really confused, where about does the userconfig file go? I've not found a guide that I've understood completely, and I really would like to place with the ACE mod.

Any help?

Just a little update...

ACE for OA; Beta - Friday 9 July

Xeno

P.S.: I do not need any help :) and because SB had to write the same over and over again was one of the reasons why he left BIF (you loose a lot of motivation and productivity with all that plus all the moaning).

Wasn't the "staying upwards" a feature of the beta patch?

As for the wounding system, enabling it for missions that weren't designed for it is just asking for trouble. It's bad enough that missions that weren't designed for ACE can have all sorts of issues, but being stuck with a medical system that just doesn't work because it uses items that do not exist in the mission serves 0 purpose and can only do bad things. What exactly do you plan to do in a mission with ACE wounds enabled if it has no medical items?

Also, overall I prefer playing ACE without ACE wounds and would rather play with either no injury module or the BIS one.

I hope that the the staying upwards recoil isn't a permenant feature. It would hardly be realistic. I mean when I fire a rifle yeah it points upward for a moment but that is not where it comes to rest at. Or do you mean that it is an issue with the beta patch of OA and not an ACE thing?

As far as the ACE woudning thing goes, all I am talking about is user control over wether it is enabled or not. I like playing the seal team 6 campaigns by Sick1, (it is what got me into playing ARMA2, I never played the older games and when I bought ARMA2 when it first came out it was so totally buggy and crashing constantly that it was virtually impossible to get through any single campaign mission without several restarts and deleting all saved games etc. etc. until I finnally gave up on it after a week or two and then after about 8 months passed I figured I would give it a try again hoping that all the problems had been patched, but I still had no intrest in playing that buggy boring campaingn which was really really slow even when working correclty, I mean I spent forever just driving from town to town looking for some guy for like 30 minutes maybe getting to shoot like 4 people in that whole time and then the mission just kind of randomly ended, boring!!!) Anyway the Seal Team Six Campaigns are ACE compatible and have all sorts of ACE content and you can get medical equipment during the briefing or out of the ammo boxes in the mission but the medic module isnt enabled.

I would like to be able to enable the medic module without having to go into the editor for each mission I want to do use ACE medic system on. Or disable ACE medic system and use the standard one on missions where it is enabled.

As far as using ace medic system on missions without medical equipment, wouldnt it be possible to make a mod that auto initializes one of your team mates with medic supplies, preferrably the medic.

I really don't know anthing about modding or mission editting these are just the things I would like to see. I understand if it is not pragmatic to implement them.

It all really come down to that I would like the user to be a little more in control of what features of ACE are and aren't used, instead of being entirely dependent on how the mission is designed. And you yourself said you prefer playing ACE without ACE wounds. So it seems like you would agree with me that it would be nice to be able to disable or enable ACE wounds on missions without editing them.