Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

OA will be avial on Steam though correcct?

Yea it will.

Good to see us Brits getting dicked on as per usual.

Shame Game aren't stocking it, as when I picked up Arma 2 in there not only did I trade in games to get it, but also there were only 2 copies left and it was 1 selling game that week.

Plus, as mentioned have seen no UK adverts. Which sucks for us UK players wanting an influx of new people to play with.

Will there be more publishers/distributors of the physical copy? Currently there is no option for paypal users. Gamestop and Amazon both refuse to accept it and the only other source i'd heard of who might be selling the physical copy, Meridian, doesn't even seem to ship outside of the US.

Just not that keen on using a credit card online. I don't necessarily mind if i have to miss out on the pre-order but would there be more options in the (not too distant) future?

Sprocket allow PayPal, don't they? For non-physical, anyway.

Ive just received this reply from IDEA games, Hopefully it should ease some worries us English lot have

Hi Jack,

unfortunately we had a bit problem with publishers with this territory, but I´m glad to confirm it is already solved. We will announce our partner in next few days. Preordes should be also live soon.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

For those that dont use the Antisocial world of Facebook.

IDEA games just updated their status with this :-

IDEA Games Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead has gone gold, with the final master disc sent for manufacturing. A2OA will be released on 29th June 2010! Pre-order A2OA on sprocketidea.com and get the map of Takistan free!

Which im finding fairly odd because i thought you get 3 maps with the game anyway?

In my stupidity, Ive realised that its a printed map of takistan.. Duhhh

Edited by CannonousCrash

Czech version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead allows to select one of the following languages at any time using in-game options:

Czech

English

French

Italian

Spanish

(Default language is detected based on your local preference in Windows during installation)

I second this.

I'd really like to know if the Czech version will have optional English subtitles.

Czech version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead comes with the options to select one of the following languages at any time:

Czech

English

French

Italian

Spanish

Excellent news! Thanks for the reply, Maruk! :)

Ive just received this reply from IDEA games, Hopefully it should ease some worries us English lot have

Hi Jack,

unfortunately we had a bit problem with publishers with this territory, but I´m glad to confirm it is already solved. We will announce our partner in next few days. Preordes should be also live soon.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

For those that dont use the Antisocial world of Facebook.

IDEA games just updated their status with this :-

IDEA Games Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead has gone gold, with the final master disc sent for manufacturing. A2OA will be released on 29th June 2010! Pre-order A2OA on sprocketidea.com and get the map of Takistan free!

Which im finding fairly odd because i thought you get 3 maps with the game anyway?

In my stupidity, Ive realised that its a printed map of takistan.. Duhhh

Damn I have like a £15 voucher for GAME, but this sprocket thing is very tempting! meh, I'll probably stick with the hard copy...

Thanks for the news on the publisher however :)

I'll buy A2OA with Japanese manual which costs about $55.

I don't see it's so expensive that my Arrowhead flying across Eurasia.

But in fact,$55 is the special price for original A2 user.

Standard price of A2OA with Japanese manual is about $80....

Edited by Monotone

Czech version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead allows to select one of the following languages at any time using in-game options:

Czech

English

French

Italian

Spanish

(Default language is detected based on your local preference in Windows during installation)

Lovely, thank you very much. Boxed version it is then :)

Alright now can someone tell me if AO will contain securom for retail. I plan on getting the combined operations version btw. Would love to have a boxed version of arma 2 and AO, since i already have Arma 2 on steam.

Screw buying it from game, I hate those bloody gangsters!

Surely play.com or amazon will have it.

I usually buy my games from gameplay.co.uk but even they wont have it for sale i think.

Amazon.co.uk is greyed out on the Arma 2 website so there is hope still.

Edited by A Smed

Good to see us Brits getting dicked on as per usual.

Shame Game aren't stocking it, as when I picked up Arma 2 in there not only did I trade in games to get it, but also there were only 2 copies left and it was 1 selling game that week.

Plus, as mentioned have seen no UK adverts. Which sucks for us UK players wanting an influx of new people to play with.

Well unfortunately i've volunteered to market this game across various different forums :)

Back on topic i saw GAME having arma 2 for around £8 last i looked at AND it was being heaviy advertised inside back then with a massive Arma 2 poster infront of the GAME store.

Ok I have been through numerous threads but there is still no definitive answer to the following question:

I have the German version of Arma 2 and I use a language addon to turn it into English. I am planning on buying the english version of OA.

Now, because I have the german version of Arma 2 and the english version of OA which language will the game default to?

Will it depend on which exe file I use (Arma 2 icon or OA icon on desktop) or will OA make the whole combined game english?

I know there is going to be options to change the language on OA but at this time the language options on Arma 2 are still diabled.

Now, because I have the german version of Arma 2 and the english version of OA which language will the game default to?

Will it depend on which exe file I use (Arma 2 icon or OA icon on desktop) or will OA make the whole combined game english?

I think we can assume with 99% certainty that the choice of languages will depend on the exe file used. Running the original arma2.exe should present you with the old language options - i.e. german only.

Sorry, then I misunderstood your post (as A2 CO being an A2 installtion topped with OA).

Np all is good, cant wait to have OA:bounce3:

German copy of Arrowhead can be fully in English, including the content of original Arma 2, as long as you run it from Arrowhead (and honestly, my experience so far is that there is many reasons to play even the original content in Arrowhead and I did not encounter any real problems so hopefully you will have no reason to use the old German only game). We tried to remove as much language restrictions as possible in Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to make it smooth for users with different editions.

On the other hand, there still has to be some limitations present even in Arrowhead. To be specific: Russian and Polish versions still will stay with the respective language locked. The reason is quite simple: those versions will retail for significantly lower price than any other versions because of this limitation.

Ok I have been through numerous threads but there is still no definitive answer to the following question:

I have the German version of Arma 2 and I use a language addon to turn it into English. I am planning on buying the english version of OA.

I know there is going to be options to change the language on OA but at this time the language options on Arma 2 are still diabled.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Yes, it is quite possible there will be some more options to buy the game in not too distant future.

Will there be more publishers/distributors of the physical copy? Currently there is no option for paypal users. Gamestop and Amazon both refuse to accept it and the only other source i'd heard of who might be selling the physical copy, Meridian, doesn't even seem to ship outside of the US.

Just not that keen on using a credit card online. I don't necessarily mind if i have to miss out on the pre-order but would there be more options in the (not too distant) future?

Edited by Maruk

Maruk,

congratulations for OA completion.

As an old customer i applaud the straight out-of-the-box multilanguage solution and the clarity in release information.

Just a little problem with the preorder page, the Sprocket link to "ARMA2 combined operations" is currently not working: http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=33&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Message: Error: Sorry, but the Product you've requested wasn't found!

* Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead comes with Securom on the disc and in some territories with optional online activation also for the DVD version (we intend to release DRM free update to the game in some of the future patches, as always)

* Arma 2 that is part of Combined Operations comes already patched up to DRM free version

Alright now can someone tell me if AO will contain securom for retail. I plan on getting the combined operations version btw. Would love to have a boxed version of arma 2 and AO, since i already have Arma 2 on steam.

Personaly i find there is more advantage from a digital instead of a hardcopy, and its pretty easy to convert a digital to a hardcopy by just burning it to a dvd.

- no cd checks

- alot better for the enviroment

- easier and quicker access (if u got a decent inet connection)

The only disadvantage of digital copy is the limit their distributors make on the times u can activate the key.

Can i confirm that Arma2 OA will not be retailed in Australia or New Zealand(or rather not be retailed on release day)? It would be quite interesting to know, we are also trying another source to see if we can secure a whole bunch of copies of the game data (blank CDs with the install files burned on hehe)so that we don't have to download it (we backward folk all have data caps still) and just buy cd keys of sprocket

Edited by greasy_trigger VMA

* Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead comes with Securom on the disc and in some territories with optional online activation also for the DVD version (we intend to release DRM free update to the game in some of the future patches, as always)

* Arma 2 that is part of Combined Operations comes already patched up to DRM free version

This is one thing I liked about the implementation of Securom on the disc versions of Bad Company 2, they let the end user decide if they wanted traditional disc based checks or activation through the online system where you can de-activate a copy by uninstalling it. I think they also had the number of activations set to 5, which is enough as long as you can manage your activations with the uninstall procedure reclaiming them.

But will they ever remove it all together as BIS will? I know which I prefer.

I know it's already been asked and answered quite a few times but is Steam releasing the game at the same time as the other distributors? Sorry for asking but I just like to be sure.