Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

why not add them to the self interaction menu? problem solved..

why not add them to the self interaction menu? problem solved..

They are but you need them in your inventory first!

If earplugs have no negative effects and everyone have them, why even have them as an option rather than an "always on" kind of thing (basically the way vanilla is now in this aspect...)?

I like the concept of having to use earplugs and the hearing loss system in general but I dislike how they don't work after respawn :plain:

Right now if you group respawn as a Machinegunner you're SOL.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10596

In the ticket it says it doesn't happen in Domination, i'm in progress make a very similar mission and it doesn't have the problem either. What it have in common with Domination(not vanilla version i think though) is a gear/weapon save/load function. The save part is run automatically when a play enter the game.

There's also a weapon save function in revive script, maybe thats the part making it work..

Eearplugs are an item (similar to GPS), so you have to also save the player's items, ex savedItems = items player; and then when you load the loadout run {player addWeapon _x;} forEach savedItems; (and of course you could either removeAllItems before that or make a check if player hasWeapon _x then {...} to prevent the "duplicate item ..." RPT message.

Eearplugs are an item (similar to GPS), so you have to also save the player's items, ex savedItems = items player; and then when you load the loadout run {player addWeapon _x;} forEach savedItems; (and of course you could either removeAllItems before that or make a check if player hasWeapon _x then {...} to prevent the "duplicate item ..." RPT message.

Yes that went under

gear/weapon

It works fine i wasn't asking for help just mentioned that this could be the part that made the difference :)

Oh, I see what you're talking about now. Personally hadn't had that issue but had people complain about earplugs not working. Oh well, maybe it'll help someone else who's saving loadouts in some way ;)

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I was referring to Group respawn (type=4) where you become another unit in the group after death. None of that appearing back at base stuff with all your same guns.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I was referring to Group respawn (type=4) where you become another unit in the group after death. None of that appearing back at base stuff with all your same guns.

Does the new unit you respawn into have earplugs?

It has them but you can't use them. My stab in the dark guess is that it's related to units' identities. For example you can only use earplugs if you put your profile name in the config. But the unit you are spawning as isn't you, and so they have a different identity. Just a thought :eh:

How can I turn back on the audio when AI talks over the radio?? Makes the world feel very empty not hearing any voices and having to read everything they say.

Rouge do a search and the answer will show up. Unless your one of those with famous broken search button problem.

The latest ACE_SM broke or removed the ballistic cracks, near as I can tell. I'm fanatic about them, but I'd sooner play without guns at all.
Cannot confirm, I have version 42 from Six-Updater and they seem to appear. Which guns should I check for?

ACEX_SM update 43 fixes missing sonic cracks. Thanks for finding this out! Couldn't confirm due to local issue.

How can I turn back on the audio when AI talks over the radio?? Makes the world feel very empty not hearing any voices and having to read everything they say.

Your ace_clientside_config.hpp file

How do i get the latest beta for ACE, which i think is 364, because ACE server is running it in my area, please post a link or something

This is a beta right? Cause I'm getting all kinds of glitches when I'm playing unfortunately.

This is a beta right? Cause I'm getting all kinds of glitches when I'm playing unfortunately.

OK, all those glitches will be fixed soon :j:

Seriously are you expecting them to guess the problems your having?

Just as an example (no offense)...

"why i cant update @ACEX?"

"This is a beta right? Cause I'm getting all kinds of glitches when I'm playing unfortunately."

There is exactly no information in those posts. And I can't find my crystall ball :)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Your ace_clientside_config.hpp file

Thanks.

I searched 'radio chatter': Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

So I opened my ace_clientside_config.hpp file and found this line assuming it's the one I want

#define ACE_NOVOICE

But it is already un-commented yet I still get no voices when the AI talks. Just the text.

You wouldn't believe how awesome ACE 2 is and how glad I am you guys released it, but I have a little nitpick bug.

I have Arma 2 through steam and using ruby/the GUI to launch the game bypasses steam completely and really bugs the game out because it's constantly saying reconnect to steam, launch steam to play, etc randomly during gameplay. How do I play ACE 2 through steam? The command launches did not work

With the coming of OA, thermal weapon sights will be available on small arms. Although they probably will be nice additions, I have a feeling that "normal" night vision optics are more common to encounter. I'd like to ask if there is a future intention to make night vision sights like AN/PVS-17, AN/PVS-14 or AN/PVS-10 SNS available? Like Vilas done some working NV sights for his east weapon pack already.