Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

Thanks Sickboy and all da ACE team, have been useing ACE since it came out with the six updater with no problems that is untill this last week or two, cannot get the userconfigs to work anymore plus when the loading screen comesup it says "about ace version 349". any help would be greatfull.

Regards padu

There's no need to use the version if you don't want to, besides, it's just 2 times a week :)

OK don't get me wrong i love ACE and have great respect for you guys. But what he said is true.

If you want to play multiplayer you have to update all the time. Because most of the servers do. And as an admin i think at least 50% of the players won't be able to join my server if i don't keep it up2date. It's always the same : Someone is trying to join -> error -> oh crap, it's update time again! :)

Why are there no internal tests on some selected servers? And let's say 1 update a month?

Because it generally works, and as it seems, is what people desire..

With the tools and means of distribution provided, and the option as both server and player to run the stable releases,

If sticking to the latest ongoing development is too cumbersome or unwanted, or if monthly (stable) updates are sufficient, why's everybody playing the ongoing development?

I'd like to think it's because the quality is sufficient enough to play with, and the fixes and added content welcomed,

while efforts are minimal.

I was actually hoping people would be used to it by now, considering the amount of updates and servers with players out there.

Due to the set schedule and the kind of pace and possible interaction, feedback or bugs can be handled within no time..

I personally think it's wonderful :)

Some info; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Overview#Ongoing%20Development

Internal tests happen moments before each ongoing dev release.

Also as to the changes, there's a lot of things going on, either listed in changelog, listed in the repository history,

or otherwise behind the scenes. Claiming there is no progress or not enough for the updates, seems somewhat unfair.

Edited by Sickboy

What can one say? The community has collectively chosen to beta-test ACE instead of waiting for public releases. Some (several? Got no idea) communities are probably using the stable releases only, but it'll be hard to stop the way the public servers work once the ball is rolling.

Funny name Inkompetent. The ball is rolling, nice said.

Maybe we should start a new voting about that?

I mean, me and i think a lot of other ppl thought this flood of updates will end / decrease after the first stable relase?

Its not ACE's concern if servers go with the weekly updates or the stable releases. If you have issue with that you need to take it up with the admins of your favorite servers. It is out of our control.

Ok guys. I just had to remark this once. :)

If you keep it that way, it's fine with me. Because ACE is worth it.

Thank you for this great mod.

It's not a choice actually. It was forced upon them. ACE used the BIS wiki, as did early ACE2. However it meant A LOT of traffic on the wiki, more than what BIS was ready to pay for I guess (especially when you think of that it wasn't only ACE mod, but lots of mods and projects and you can be sure there would have come even more), which meant that ACE had to migrate to a place of its own.

Sickboy had already created dev-heaven and the CIT there was already used for ACE, so moving the wiki wasn't a that large step.

Oh, i'm sorry i didn't know that you where forced to move? I am very sad to hear this. The fact that you had to move it becouse of traffic reasons is however for me hard to believable. The mod wasn't hosted there. Only the documentation. It is not that people were downloading gigs of pbos from there. Even if the site propably was visited frequently, I cannot believe that this text and a couple of images would load the BIS wiki so much that ACE2 docs would have to be moved. Why wouldn't BIS support the greatest ArmA 2 mod made by the community on their own community site? :confused:

Release notes: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_1

(There's a link to "Updates" which lists all the updates incl changes)

Thanx Sickboy, I wouln't have found it without you.

Features are documented here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Feature (Or if big overviews are prefered: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Feature+Overview)

Not sure what you believe wrong with it?

The main issue i think with dev-heaven is, due to the software you are using, the UI is not very userfriendly. There are a lot of links (like add, edit etc) which are of no importance for the regular user who is only interested in reading the content. It would also be good to have a site map or content menu so that the reader would easily find and access the information he is looking for.

However. I hope BIS changes their mind in with the BIKI issue. This is an amazing mod and I appriciate the time and love you spent into making it.

Found a bug that makes impossible to unpack launchers from ruck. Reported here.

Thanks for the link Sickboy.I find this mod amazing and was in a fierce battle today...or I dam well felt like it.:D

After finally turning off floating zone and playing a good while with mouse sensitivity I have found Arma to not be as clunky as I first thought.I would love to see when you click mouse button2 that you go to iron sight and are automatically zoomed in but thats just my preference.

Now about recoil,I feel it needs work.There are so many times I had a sweet firing position and its wasted because I am standing and bullets spray an unrealistic amount.If I kneel the recoil is still horrendous and then I find when I go prone that recoil is sweet and weapon seems alive but I am either blocked by grass or a pole,car etc.This ruins gameplay for me.The difference from standing to prone in recoil,not talking about weapon sway,is way too high.Yes there is a difference in real life but a highly trained military person is pretty good at controlling recoil.

A good deal less recoil while standing will cure the above issues and prone will still have its benefit of being able to control recoil better for long range shots.Just now I found this sniper laying down in grass and from 15 feet away I opened fire and found my weapon spraying bullets everywhere.I was cursing Arma for having silly damage model but its just that recoil is bad while standing.Just throws immersion out the window and is just not realistic.

While I am not sure about the mid position,standing you can actually lean into a weapon using bodyweight to control its kick.In the mid position you look like you would be off-balance and so I am not sure what firing would be like.Any persons with real time firing these weapons care to fill us in?

Looking at this Wiki on setting recoil for Arma and it looks like a good guide for it.Weapons like MK48 or an AK47 should have way more kick than an M16 which is known to be much better in regards to recoil but in game there doesn't seem to be differences that I noticed.

IS there a recoil mod out there that I don't know about?

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma:config:cfgrecoil

Can anyone verify that you can't hear the A10's engine (as a man on the ground)?

Actually walker, it's their full right and ya can believe it or not, that's up to you :)

There's no need for them to change their mind as we will never go back to primitive mediawiki :)

Add/Edit, well it's a wiki, it should be invitive to help mold/expand the docu :D

Site map or content menu; Not sure what you mean. There are menu's, there is navigation, there are overviews and specific pages, relations and a powerful search; anyone should be able to find what he is looking for :D

If the majority has a hard time navigating it, we can see what we can do though. (Maybe some specific examples could be useful).

update

The stylesheets of the wagn site have been updated by Noubernou, and content has been reformatted a little, which should improve readability and overview.

Edited by Sickboy

Last night I installed the latest beta patch (70100) and updated ACE 2 to v1.1 using Six Updated. On loading ACE 2 I encountered the following error message:

ace211error.png

Hoping it wasn't serious I began enjoying ACE, however about 15 mins later the game crashed.

To be certain that this wasn't related to the new beta, I then played for 2 hours straight without the slightest of problems.

I checked Six Updater several times and it never detected a problem.

Any ideas?

Last night I installed the latest beta patch (70100) and updated ACE 2 to v1.1 using Six Updated. On loading ACE 2 I encountered the following error message:

Hoping it wasn't serious I began enjoying ACE, however about 15 mins later the game crashed.

To be certain that this wasn't related to the new beta, I then played for 2 hours straight without the slightest of problems.

Any ideas?

Six Updater doesn't verify your mod-folders unless there's a new version, or you specifically tell it to.

As it generally is a lengthy process.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Usage#Reset%20'skip'%20status

Maybe I should by default alert on missing files though, that be real quick :)

because it's a wip , m224 isn't relaese yet

because it's a wip , m224 isn't relaese yet

Kinda wird its meantioned then...:rolleyes:

I believe the reason was mentioned by Xeno or somebody in the last thread. Can't remember the exact reason, sorry.

Hello,

i see a lot of ace module in the editor but i m not sure of what they all do (i can imagine with the name of some but not all). There is a documentation where all module are describe ? I search on http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation but i didn't find it (i m sure i miss it because my english is bad).

034214e9-aa31-40a3-ad41-7867b113caaa.jpg

Hello,

i see a lot of ace module in the editor but i m not sure of what they all do (i can imagine with the name of some but not all). There is a documentation where all module are describe ? I search on http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation but i didn't find it (i m sure i miss it because my english is bad).

The closest thing I could find is:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/notes+*plus_cards

This is a collection of all the Notes-cards related to our Features.

The sections for Mission Makers usually describe the modules associated with the feature.

ace211error.png

Any ideas?

Easy checking:

Open your Acex addons folder and see if it is there..

If it isnt..Try find it on Ugaf Ace server using Yomas YAS..

I found the addon on UGAF and the adress is:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

(Copy this adress) dont click it..

Put that in your "Auto config URL" and import server, then conect

and download the file..

Edit: To find that server in YAS: Press New server and put the adress were i said..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Got an issue since the last update:

No entry:bin/ config.bin/CFGweapons/ace_m4A1:Acog_SD/Single.DisplayName

Happens when i place the ACE Special Weapons Box from US Side.

If i pick up ACOG´s, i cant shot or change to it.

Would it be possible to submit an addon pack to get modified to the ACE ballistics,so its 100% compatible?I'd like to have all the tanks with the round to target animations and ballistics drop.The range finder works ,but the translation to the round ballistics doesn't.I'd like to see ALL 3rd party tanks able to do what ACE does.How can we(those of us who aren't "config" savy) accomplish this?? I don't want to add to the heavy work load on the ace dev's ,but it seems a shame not to have such a great feature on all the armor that's been built by other addon makers.If its a matter of volunteering addons ,then I'm volunteering :)

ps...for some strange reason the mg's work as they should.why not the tanks main gun?

Edited by 343rdBadger