Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

ATM there only 1 update per week, at Fridays and 1 Stable release per month.

Take it up with the server admins, they're the ones who choose to run the development builds instead of the monthly stable release.

It's not as simple as that. Since everyone started by using the beta builds, it's difficult to get everyone to download the Stable releases. The majority stick with the beta builds for fixes and new features. I'm sure most server admins would rather not have to update their servers every week.

do we really need three updates a week

There have not been 3 updates a week since 1.0 was released. There have been 2 updates up until a week or two ago when we switched to once a week, except for this week where we released a hot fix, which is a rare occurrence.

If SIX is working for you its not that hard to update, you do not even need to start the gui, you can just run the command prompt version. Yoma is not that much harder either.

We also have always had a set schedule as well (except for hotfixes, which again are rare) so it shouldn't be too much of a burden on you.

You guys are more productive than any "professional" team I've ever seen, but do we really need three updates a week?

Isn't it only once a week(friday) besides hotfixes :confused:

I've had this problem for a while, but wasn't sure if I can really point my fingers at the ACE cobra, but since I've only had this problem in mission with Cobras with ~20+ players, I think that's a good place to check...

Basically I made 2 different missions a while ago for Zeus, each having 2 cobras in them. When testing the mission alone, everything seemed fine, but when playing with around 20+ players there would be massive desync that would make the mission completely unplayable. After a long time I figured whatever was causing this is likely to have been fixed, and made another mission with a Cobra. Same issue again, and this time we decided instead of ending the mission, to just have the pilot land and abandon it, and big surprise - All desync was gone. They got in and took off again - Desync returned. So we had them land again and leave the Cobra behind so that we can play the mission to some extent.

I'd open a ticket with this but I honestly have no idea what to report, or even if this is a Cobra-specific problem, and it's not something I can reproduce due to the high player count needed which I am not able to bring to test this thoroughly enough.

If anyone has a workaround for using a Cobra, I would love to hear it. If anyone found other vehicles that cause similar issues, I would also love to hear it so I don't run into this issue again and have another mission ruined.

It's not as simple as that. Since everyone started by using the beta builds, it's difficult to get everyone to download the Stable releases. The majority stick with the beta builds for fixes and new features. I'm sure most server admins would rather not have to update their servers every week.

Do the versions in open-server pick-up games really have to be completely identical? A lot of people don't keep up with the beta patches, but few servers have problems because of it.

How about that attack chopper missile issue? I can't fire anything but hellfires and cannons in ACE. What changed, how do I overcome that?

Yes, we can't support networks that use different versions of the mod, as a lot of unforseen issues can arrise.

In any case, server owners can on their own peril change or disable the level of version checking:

// Uncomment and set to the level of version checking you prefer. -1 means all pieces. 0 means disabled. 1 means only major. 2 means major and minor... etc.
// #define VERSIONING_LEVEL -1

We've already dropped to once a week, and people have a choice, not sure what more can be expected :)

@Eightseven: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements (Pilot and Gunner have control over different weapons)

Oh, I am most certainly aware of this and I find it really useful when playing with a human player (though a royal pain when I'm working with AI), but what I've found is that only certain missiles (I think only the 114L's) will lock onto anything from the gunner's seat, and the laser ones tend to just fly straight from the aircraft, regardless of where the gunner crosshair is pointing. I've since installed Mando Missile and it has rectified my problems, but I'd like to not have to rely on another mod to fix my issues with another. lol

Edited by EightSeven

lol... just realised... @sickboy are we not suppost to make requests in this thread?

lol... just realised... @sickboy are we not suppost to make requests in this thread?

What is your question or request?

No.

And limb\dismemberment wont be in-game. Was discussed like foreve before the mod release. Why not? There is the ethical question (same why theres no children on the game), people preferences but the most important: the game engine doesnt handle very well this kind of stuff. Can be done, but its hacky,resource hungry and doesnt looks real or anything like that.

What is your question or request?

ok my second request was vehicle deletion on large impact. Basically, im wondering if you guys would make a script which would delete a jet if it crashes at high speed, and then spawn debris? Im sick of the (bouncing jets) lol

@Smurfbr thanks for answering

Does ACE use any AI upgrades? I read somewhere that ai hearing was tuned down to a more realistic level but it still seems a bit over the top to me. For example, its night time and I headshot a guard with a suppressed pistol using SD ammo and guards 50 meters away on the other side of a town start going ape shit. Do I need zeus too?

I have a question: whenever I run Arma 2 with the ACE mod, I get the following in-game message: Outdated: userconfig\ACE\Ace_Clientside_config.hpp, Ace_keys.hpp

I routinely use the Six Updater GUI, but while it will occasionally report updating certain files, I still get this message.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Edited by RookStrike

nvm, answered my own question.

hi, im trying to install ace mod and i cant seem to get on to ace.dev-heaven.net at all. has the site been down for a while? or is it just me? also is there some alternate place to get the files and info on installation that i need?

thanks.

No.

And limb\dismemberment wont be in-game. Was discussed like foreve before the mod release. Why not? There is the ethical question (same why theres no children on the game), people preferences but the most important: the game engine doesnt handle very well this kind of stuff. Can be done, but its hacky,resource hungry and doesnt looks real or anything like that.

Yeah, I remember the dismemberment effects made by modders for OFP were pretty comical. Often you'd kill someone and they'd turn into a pool of blood with their guts spinning around and around in mid air.

How can I use the old ACE_SM sounds on ACE servers with file check?.. wouldn't it make more sense to release the new sounds as a standalone instead, from what I can tell only a handful of people prefer the new airsoft sounds anyway.