Sign in to follow this  
StealthSilver

ARMACast | The Arma 2 Podcast

Thanks!

We aim to have episodes in the 45min.-1hr. range, seeing as how the episodes are released twice a month. Want to make it worth the wait each time.

Episode was great guys thanks :)

Nice Podcast guys, Evan from PC gamer is the host thats awesome!

Arma 2 needs more people ARMA 2 is a true real game.

Get some of the BI developers on I would love to hear them talk about their game, the future and what games they like to play. :)

Great show again! I was actually fiddling around in the editor while listening to the podcast, which somehow made the whole experience much richer. I can't remember who said it, but when you dropped that tip about shift-clicking on the map to create a personal waypoint, I thought "bwuhh?" and had to try it immediately. You learn something new every day, I guess. :D

Awesome stuff all the way. Keep it up, guys!

Nice job guys, just listened to both shows, thanks for the effort!

Really enjoyed the second podcast.

Just some corrections.

1. Somebody in the podcast claims that Takistan/Afghanistan is a desert country, yet it is a mountainous country with a mild/cold climate.

2. The FN FAL is a fully-automatic rifle, with single-shot capabilities. One bloke in the video claimed it was only single-shot.

3. There is no UAZ-469 in the default ArmA 2 with a missile launcher as claimed by a somebody in the podcast. There is however, a UAZ-469 with a recoilless rifle, SPG-9, (not a missile launcher as claimed in the podcast) though.

4. If I recall correctly, flashlights are confirmed to be in Operation Arrowhead. The podcast claimed that they were not going to be included.

5. The podcast claims that the UAZ-469 was introduced in 1941, however the UAZ-469 was introduced in 1973.

Edited by Laqueesha

3. There is no UAZ in the default ArmA 2 with a missile launcher as claimed in the podcast, as claimed by a somebody in the podcast. There is however, a UAZ with a recoilless rifle, though.

I think that was just a matter of terminology.

I think that was just a matter of terminology.

Sounds reasonable enough. ;)

1. Somebody in the podcast claims that Takistan/Afghanistan is a desert country, yet it is a mountainous country with a mild/cold climate.

Just to clarify, the term desert is a classification of the amount of precipitation.

"A desert is a landscape or region that receives an extremely low amount of precipitation, less than enough to support growth of plants. Deserts are defined as areas with an average annual precipitation of less than 250 millimetres (10 in) per year or as areas where more water is lost by evapotranspiration than falls as precipitation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert

The Antarctic desert is in fact the worlds largest desert (followed by the Artic). whilst the Atacama Desert is one of the worlds highest (Northen Chile).

We know return you to you scheduled browsing.... :yay::yay:

I'm in an argumentative mood tonight, apologies... :bounce3:

Just to clarify, the term desert is a classification of the amount of precipitation. "A desert is a landscape or region that receives an extremely low amount of precipitation, less than enough to support growth of plants. Deserts are defined as areas with an average annual precipitation of less than 250 millimetres (10 in) per year or as areas where more water is lost by evapotranspiration than falls as precipitation" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert The Antarctic desert is in fact the worlds largest desert (followed by the Artic). whilst the Atacama Desert is one of the worlds highest (Northen Chile). We know return you to you scheduled browsing. I'm in an argumentative mood tonight, apologies.

Well, even by that definition, the bloke in the podcast is still incorrect, as Afghanistan does get precipitation, mainly in the form of snow in the aforementioned mountain areas. But lets not get too bogged down in semantics now, shall we?

Well, even by that definition, the bloke in the podcast is still incorrect, as Afghanistan does get precipitation, mainly in the form of snow in the aforementioned mountain areas. But lets not get too bogged down in semantics now, shall we?

Like I said, I'm just in one of those moods. Now let me go and hunt another thread. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, another great cast guys, though I reckon you really need to give ACE a go... So many of the OA new toys are already in there! :yay::yay:

And our lads are still hooked on Jolly Giant after the first cast....

Is good, found this mentioned on AusArmA.org, googled and it came up. Made me miss Sahrani radio :p; and it is essentially similar, except without the music haha.

EDIT: I just listened to the first episode, haha at him saying his favorite weapon is the M16"A3"... it was like a miss universe wanting world peace. Either way, great episode, lots of good points, good listening :).

Edited by Rommel

thanks for the Podcast... great to listen to while just browsing the net..

Sorry for Episode 3's delay. We were pretty busy around the time we normally record so we had to do it later in the week. It'll be out in the next day or so.

EDIT: I just listened to the first episode, haha at him saying his favorite weapon is the M16"A3"... it was like a miss universe wanting/loving the idea world peace.

:(

You might wanna give the guys at armaholic or armedassault.info a shoutout everytime you release a show.

besides that, a new episode, great news!

i got it downloaded to my phone, and will checkit out tomorrow.

[edit]

couldnt wait... Great tip about that framerate/look at ground trick! good to know,never knew that.

Edited by jerryhopper

There was this one bloke in the video who said there was a Black Hawk helicopter in ArmA 2. There is none; the closest helicopter that I can think of is the Knight Hawk.

:(

:D

There was this one bloke in the video who said there was a Black Hawk helicopter in ArmA 2. There is none; the closest helicopter that I can think of is the Knight Hawk.

Do you really intend to nitpick every single thing you can each time they release a new podcast? We're three episodes in and what you're doing has already gone stale. :rolleyes:

Do you really intend to nitpick every single thing you can each time they release a new podcast?

Yes. :p

We're three episodes in and what you're doing has already gone stale.

??? :confused:

I really enjoy the episodes, it wasn't nit picking, it was just something I picked up on, they are human :).

Checked my RSS feed daily (was ignorant to the release times) for Ep3.

Funny episode, except maybe not so much for BIS programmers :D

BTW, Crooks sounds exactly like Serial Killer for OFP. The original author of the game mode was City Cobra, AFAIK.

Edited by Pulverizer

Great job with the podcasts. Keep 'em coming. :)

Many thanks! Comments are noted! This week's PC Gamer Podcast is having an interview with three developers on Operation Arrowhead, so keep a lookout there. (Not sure why we didn't get them for the ARMACast, but... yeeeaaahhh..) It comes out either on Thursday or Friday.