Sign in to follow this  
StealthSilver

ARMACast | The Arma 2 Podcast

34fcnb9.png

The ARMACast is a podcast about Bohemia Interactive’s military simulation game ARMA 2.

Listen to an individual episode

Subscribe

iTunes

Who are we?

Evan Lahti is Senior Editor at PC Gamer Magazine.

Keenan Weaver is Senior Editor and Lead Designer at Game-Central.org.

Andrew Fogarty is a modder and designer of the ArmACast website.

Edited by StealthSilver
change of name

I concur, this was good. Looking forward to hearing more, I got your page bookmarked.

Cheers

Insta

Wow, awesome! I shall be listening to this all the time.

Very nice indeed! Will check it out when i get back from work.

Good job guys. :)

One bloke in the podcast refers to a default M16A3. I wasn't aware there was an M16A3 in ArmA 2.

Would you be able to provide a ZUNE version of the podcast? I dont have an ipod but i really want to listen to this.

Nice idea will be listening to these thank you.

edit

Will this be every day?

One bloke in the podcast refers to a default M16A3. I wasn't aware there was an M16A3 in ArmA 2.

Whoops! Meant "A2."

Yeah, we will have a Zune-specific subscribing feed soon.

We plan to record episodes every two weeks. And we do plan to have guests on - we're hoping every episode from now on.

Look cool :)

Front-paged you guys on AusArmA :)

I wouldn't mind putting up a link to you guys on the front page as well. I hope your podcast is successful!

Edited by cm.

Hi - looks VERY nice ! One thing, I can't make anything out of the impulse TV link - it just takes me to their homepage and the impulse tv links from there just sends me to the Arma2 sales page?

EDIT: Seems I have to install the impulse client to watch them. Is that safe, can I get cancer? LOL

Hi - looks VERY nice ! One thing, I can't make anything out of the impulse TV link - it just takes me to their homepage and the impulse tv links from there just sends me to the Arma2 sales page?

EDIT: Seems I have to install the impulse client to watch them. Is that safe, can I get cancer? LOL

Just listen to the podcast.....

Great stuff there, definitely worth listening to. I like how you defined the spirit of Arma2 as kind of a shared emergent gameplay experience. Pretty much spot-on I'd say.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode. :)

Whoops! Meant "A2."

I see; there's an M16A2 with optics in ArmA 2? :confused:

I see; there's an M16A2 with optics in ArmA 2? :confused:

Christ, give the guy a break... :rolleyes:

Great initiative there folks, looking forward to some more :)

Christ, give the guy a break.

Sorry, I was just trying to make sure. ;)

I'm surprised that they didn't address the issue of using the Javelin with crosshairs turned off.

Edited by Laqueesha

I'm surprised that they didn't address the issue of using the Javelin with crosshairs turned off.

You can press space bar (command menu) to show what you have locked. Not a perfect solution but better than shooting blind.

I was hoping one day someone would carry on the torch from Jerry Hopper. Now it looks like that day has come.

Subscribed! :)

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions for episode 2?

A few:

• Some condensed info and your thoughts on Operation Arrowhead, how you think the new features will affect the gameplay, MP, etc.
  • Like you said in the first episode, Arma2 is all about the shared experience and those "water cooler moments". I for one love listening to Arma2 stories, so perhaps tell some from your own experience(s).
  • "Addon/mod of the week", along with your mission of the week.

Good job guys, grabbed Jolly Green straight away and our lads were VERY impressed after our regular Thursday night gig, never have we played such an intense mission that generally is less than 5 minutes long, high energy, frantic radio calls, desperately trying to working out where the hell we are, listening for the exfil chopper, hot extraction, smoke, MAD!!!!! Awesome for nav/map reading/knowledge of Chernarus! We will bbe playing this baby lots. First step will be to NOT use map marking........

Good cast, would love a segment devoted to a pet topic of mine: death in ARMA2. ie the different ways death can be modeled as used religously by different clans. E.g.:

1/. Pure death (game over for player, leads to short sharp decisive focussed missions of sub 20 minutes(?)))

2/. Pure death but using ARMA2/ACE healing as extra recovery options eg Jolly Green

3/. Death to respawn, leading potentially to conveyor belt effect, popular on public missions (dom) but fracturing fireteams/cohesiveness?

4/. Norrins Revive: revivable on death in the field by medic, can customise with limited revives, casevac only etc. Great for forciing solid teamwrok, keeps team cohesion, good for longer games, but can get teams bogged down (aka US philosophy of never leaving a man behind)- engagements can get very protracted

5/. others

PS ZSU uses Revive for almost all missions, though quite a few permutations thereof. But Jollly Green has reopened my eyes to some of the other possibilities...

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, guys! We're definitely implementing them into episode 2. :)