Sign in to follow this  
phoen!x

Arma2 Black Edition

Grml....for me this will mean i quit the official german support team.

Due to the NDA i'm not allowed to say what i would like to say, so i'll be quiet.

Please imagine absolute silence for the next 24 houres.

It´s capitalism... :rolleyes:

The price is okay (29 EURO incl. shipping), do not worry.

Edited by Blackland

It's not a bad idea to bring out the game fully patched up.

This will at least have new people not play the game and drop it because of too much bugs.

Great for less PC savvy people and great as it must be generating some income for BIS?

I agree it's not a bad idea to release an updated all-inclusive version, and 29 euros is ok, but those vendors who sell it at 50 euros or more is borderline a scam.

but those vendors who sell it at 50 euros or more is borderline a scam.

Tis the nature of shopping, anything you possibly want to buy you could find for some insane amount of money, in the UK for example there are always high street electronics retailers that sell electrical items for 20-50% more than you can buy them if you shop around online, the key is just to be a smart purchaser in everything you buy :)

The edition is definitely real, I was holding it in my hands today. But I couldn't decide to buy it because it's not clear whether I can switch to other languages when buying the German version.

They don't sell a patch, they sell a upgrade. The price is imho ok.

Check feature list:

Q: What new features does the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 upgrade add?
A: The following features are added:
- Runs under DirectX 9C
- Improved Mission Editor with trigger system
- New terrain area to include much of Georgia. This will be same map as used in DCS: Blacks Shark. As such the Crimea has been replaced with the addition of Georgia.
- More detailed terrain to include more ground objects, larger forests, and higher resolution elevation data
- Improved clouds
- High resolution airfield textures
- Improved multiplayer system with embedded game browser
- More robust online cheating prevention
- New and improved menu system
- Numerous new, highly detailed ground units including infantry
- Improved flight performance for player-controlled aircraft
- Improved flight models for all artificial intelligence (AI) controlled aircraft
- New, more realistic G-tolerance modeling
- Limited 6 DOF cockpits that move up, down and sideways according to maneuvering
- New and highly-detailed Su-25 model
- Advanced ballistics are implemented for all flyable aircraft, including ricochets of AP rounds
- F-15C locked target IFF indication
- More realistic ranges, seeker guidance and fuzes for air-to-air missiles
- More realistic electronic countermeasure operation and performance
- New and improved sound engine
- New radio message voice-overs
- Random AI look-down clutter notch variable according to skill level
- Adjusted chaff rejection
- Can start inside aircraft shelters now

Most of them are from the DCS engine switch, but there are some completely new features like the sound engine.

The point is that most of this features were promised in a free 1.13 patch years ago...they skipped it and made it payware.

I would be intrested why not have this extra gifts in this Pack ?

- Maybe a big Poster of ArmA2.

- Or a ArmA2 Soundtrack DVD.

- A USB ArmA2 Stick.

- Or a Night Vision Goggles ala (MW2) lol.

But this is only Marketing ideas. To more people buy the game !

There are now so many exclusive editions for games.

I would be intrested why not have this extra gifts in this Pack ?

- Maybe a big Poster of ArmA2.

- Or a ArmA2 Soundtrack DVD.

- A USB ArmA2 Stick.

- Or a Night Vision Goggles ala (MW2) lol.

But this is only Marketing ideas. To more people buy the game !

There are now so many exclusive editions for games.

But those cost money..!

I bet the patch 1.05 isn't even included in the game files having an extra patch cd inside the black edition. Such bullshit had been already done in the german special edition.

But those cost money..!

Precisely. It looks to me like Morphicon/Petergames are simply trying to milk more money out of the game without putting any effort in. All that's happened is they've created an updated DVD with v1.05, added a simple "Black Edition" caption to the cover art and slapped on a list of "special features". (i.e. everything that comes for free in the patch.)

Hey presto - let's charge the full price for it! I mean it's an entirely new product, right? :rolleyes:

Yet another reason why MorphiCon will not be seeing another Euro from me. It wouldn't surprise me if they created a new full-priced "special edition" for every single future patch of the game. They would if they thought they could pull it off. Moar monies ftw!

I'd love to know exactly why it's called Black Edition, having a patch a doesn't in anyway change the colour of the game, black edition "Hmm, sounds sexy".

should be called arma crap version.

what a robbery.

i never saw a SH selling a "special edition" of a game which contains addons and new features that you can also have by downloading a patch,a patch that came out before that special edition!

this is an unfair way to make money:

first because there is a patch came out before the new edition.

and secondary because except the campaign and the new vehicle this edition

contains bug fixes which they should be released for free of course.

and i don't think a new vehicle and a campaign can be sold for 30 euro more than the version without them.

hey marek(lol..i'm trying)don't you have made enough money on your career,did you need these kind of retarted tricks to gain more money?

don't you realize that these tricks can potentially ruin the BIS reputation?

seriusly how many people you think to fool with that joke?

we can send you some money if you are so poor,trust me it's a better solution instead to gain this money with a special edition which can ruin your reputation...

dont buy this stupid version.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

I'd love to know exactly why it's called Black Edition, having a patch a doesn't in anyway change the colour of the game, black edition "Hmm, sounds sexy".

probably :D

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

hey marek(lol..i'm trying)don't you have made enough money on your career,did you need these kind of retarted tricks to gain more money?

don't you realize that these tricks can potentially ruin the BIS reputation?

seriusly how many people you think to fool with that joke?

What makes you assume this is something to do with us? Morphicon are the publisher in Germany, they are the ones who decide if they want to put an updated version out in Germany, same as people in Germany are I am sure more than capable of deciding whether this version is value for their money or whether they should instead go for vanilla ArmA2 and patch it themselves.

What makes you assume this is something to do with us? Morphicon are the publisher in Germany, they are the ones who decide if they want to put an updated version out in Germany, same as people in Germany are I am sure more than capable of deciding whether this version is value for their money or whether they should instead go for vanilla ArmA2 and patch it themselves.

WORD!

I do not understand the discussion, here are invented problems! :eek:

For new player, the price is completely fair - ca. 25 -29 EUR... :eek: See you example "google shopping"! :butbut:

All new people to gaming always seem to think the developer does everything in a title. :rolleyes:

In relation to the topic at hand, for people who've been playing Arma 2 for a while now this would be a robbery for them to buy as they probably have all of it already. However, for people who have never played Arma 2 before and want to get into it, this is an excellent opportunity for them and gives them a much nicer image of the game than it would with the original 505 Games version because of all the fixes and new stuff.

Therefore, we don't buy it, but it's great for newcomers.

What makes you assume this is something to do with us? Morphicon are the publisher in Germany, they are the ones who decide if they want to put an updated version out in Germany

it is because i highly doubt the publisher can do everything without discussing

with the SH.

people in Germany are I am sure more than capable of deciding whether this version is value for their money or whether they should instead go for vanilla ArmA2 and patch it themselves.

of course but they are also able to value if this is a normal way to make money or is a unfair way to gain money,i don't need to remember why for me is an unfair way right? and the point is:this is a nother (maybe little..)step forward to ruin BIS reputation.

it is because i highly doubt the publisher can do everything without discussing

with the SH.

You highly doubt it based on what? Your years working in the publishing industry? Years working in the dev industry? Or years making random wild hunches about stuff? ;)

WORD!

I do not understand the discussion, here are invented problems! :eek:

For new player, the price is completely fair - ca. 25 -29 EUR... :eek: See you example "google shopping"! :butbut:

:confused::confused:

i completely disagree,because they can buy an old version of the game and they can upload it with a singol patch.

would you feel fooled or not if you spend more than 5/10 euro for a version

which is just patched instead for last one which is not.why we should buy it?

to avoid an update by downloading a patch?bah...

All new people to gaming always seem to think the developer does everything in a title. :rolleyes:

new people to what?to the forum sure,but not to the game.

and i guess you are missing the point.

i never asked to have everything in a singol version of the game,i'm just arguing the opportunity to sell a version of the game more expansive of the precedent without adding nothing new to the game,except features which i can easily download.so 1 more time:why people should buy it?

In relation to the topic at hand, for people who've been playing Arma 2 for a while now this would be a robbery for them to buy as they probably have all of it already. However, for people who have never played Arma 2 before and want to get into it, this is an excellent opportunity for them and gives them a much nicer image of the game than it would with the original 505 Games version because of all the fixes and new stuff.

Therefore, we don't buy it, but it's great for newcomers.

is a robbery in any case,because you can find the precedent version for less money you download the patch and wow,you have your black edition..

come on guys is not so difficoult to admit that kind of politic to make money is ridicolous.

i repeat is the first time i saw something like this...can you give me an example?

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

You highly doubt it based on what? Your years working in the publishing industry? Years working in the dev industry? Or years making random wild hunches about stuff? ;)

assumption, i could be wrong but let me think a little bit about:

so potentially a publisher can sell a crap version,maybe more bugged and with a lot of problems which can even ruin the sh reputation and the name of the game without having the obligation to show it at the SH which has producted the game?i don't think publishers has all these rights,simply because they are publishers and not the owners of the game.

so can you confirm,they can do it?

mm i'm not a 14 years old and even if i don't work in the publishing industry i have problems to believe it.

so BIS has nothing to do with the black edition?

:confused::confused:

i completely disagree,because they can buy an old version of the game and they can upload it with a singol patch.

would you feel fooled or not if you spend more than 5/10 euro for a version

which is just patched instead for last one which is not.why we should buy it?

to avoid an update by downloading a patch?bah...

????

For NEW PLAYER, NEW PLAYER, NEW PLAYER I understand this whole discussion is not real!

Anyone who has already, you need not buy it!! Why should they?

I have not the game, it's an easy way to get the patched version.... or do I buy the normal version and this patch of 1.05. This is stupid, the "normal Vanilla Version"

also costs approximately 25 EURO!!! :butbut:

This discussion is just pointless! :o

Edited by Blackland

***LeGeNDK1LLER***, you're assuming that a newcommer already knows about the patch and where to get it. If you want you can justify the price as adding extra convenience to new buyers. It also gives the game more features "out of the box", which is actually quite important to some people who'd otherwise not even attempt to look for updates. Besides, anyone who's already familiar with the game or willing to do a little research would probably just do what you said, buy the original retail version and patch it. So relax, it's targetted for a small, select audience and I can see nothing but good to come of it.

***LeGeNDK1LLER***,If you want you can justify the price as adding extra convenience to new buyers.

i know it but is hard to believe that you can justify the price with extra addons/features which you can already have by using a patch.

and i repeat,is the first time a sh is selling a special version for more money of a precedent version without adding nothing new.

so the are 2 possibilities : or BIS has invented a new original and good way to make money.

or they are attempting to fool some people.

i would vote for the second option but well,is debatable..

????

For NEW PLAYER, NEW PLAYER, NEW PLAYER I understand this whole discussion is not real!

you're assuming that a newcommer already knows about the patch and where to get it.

man i'm assuming that people,in most of the case,has confidence with internet,i'm assuming that maybe half of them can do a little research before buy the game and if they do they will not buy this new version(assumption) because they can also find the precedent for less money.

i'm in a clan with 38 people(arma 2 of course), i have approximately 70/80 contacts on skype and 1/3 of it are italians arma 2 players,i post on 2 forums of net gaming in italy...

and trust me i've spammed this news to these people(not to all of course but in both forums),i've found a very little number of them speaking in a good way of this version.

most of them are agreeing this version is a joke,even here i don't see a decent number of positive comments.

This discussion is just pointless!

mmm i don't think so.

In which world are you living? Companies are profit-oriented and usually not really good Samaritans when they have to sell products.

Nobody forces anyone to buy this version! Its up to the people to use their brain and buy clever.