Sign in to follow this  
phoen!x

Arma2 Black Edition

hey,

I saw in GERMAN Amazon there is a new Version of the Arma2 game out. It is called Black Edition.

Inkl. aktuellstem Update (1.05)

Bonus Mini-Kampagne `Eagle Wing´

Bonus Helikopter Add-On AH-64 D

Neuer Multiplayer Modus (`When Diplomacy Fails´)

KI Optimierung und Balancing (verbesserte Kampfkooperation, verbesserte Situationserfassung, neuer Sperrfeuer-Befehl)

Performance-Optimierung (insbes. in großen Städten)

Behebung von Kompatibilitätsproblemen

Verbesserte Schadens- und Treffererkennung

Behebung diverser Absturz-Fehlerquellen

Linux Server Support

But this new version costs 56 Euro and Arma2 standard costs 16 !

Do I have to buy the same game twice ? And are there differences in multiplayer ?????

Similar in UK Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ArmA-II-Pc/dp/B002CUVXWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270576624&sr=8-1

Edited by phoen!x

Absolutely unnecessary. Just buy the normal version and download the 1.05 update for free. It contains all of the improvements you listed above. Yes, you will be able to play online without any problems.

EDIT: I just checked Amazon.de, and it would seem that the "Black Edition" is only being sold by marketplace stores, not by Amazon itself. ~55€ seems very steep to me, considering that it doesn't contain any real extras, just a patch that you can download for free. Very weird. Anyway, like I said, just get the normal version. Save 40€. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

yeah definitely a scam, all those features are available in the 1.05 patch. which is a free download.

Is this an official black version?

Because taking credit for BIS' hard work with patching and extra content is illegal I assume

announcing the Arma Purple edition

It comes in a purple velvet box lined with fragments of genuine chernorussian vehicle license-plates. It has extra content that you can get in the game already, as well as some stuff you can download in 2 minutes from armaholic. It has a pop-up Sahrani incense stick holder in the shape of a stripy lighthouse mounted on a concrete plinth and a Genuine BIS novelty eraser in the shape of a Mi24 Hind (designed by RH Studios for Arma 1). The digital content is supplied on 208 top quality BMD camo floppy disks and the box comes embedded in the heart of a chernorussian sandbag that once bore the bootprint of the mighty Bardak himself.

You can have it for £295.

nice banana recon

Edited by eggbeast

Morphicon hasn´t even come around updating their friggn homepage with a link to 1.05,

yet they achieve to throw an overpriced boxed edition update into the market ...

Way to go lads!

what i dont understand is how they can sell a patched version of the game..is the german "black version" a digital download? If not how the hell can it be patched with 1.05 if it is then i assume the patch is included in the dload. Either way i would assume passing a free patch off as something that is worth charging money for is illegal...or at least in breach of their distribution agreement with BIS.

Lol, the German "ArmA2 Black Edition"

That´s is only the Original Game whit (insclusive) the Patsh 1.05. Not more ;)

51yXSqKdcRL._SS350_.jpg

yup, Black Market Edition would hit it more ^^

yup, Black Market Edition would hit it more ^^

Shh! The Feds might be listening in, mate. :D

Farma 2 Black Edition.

Moo!

what i dont understand is how they can sell a patched version of the game..is the german "black version" a digital download? If not how the hell can it be patched with 1.05 if it is then i assume the patch is included in the dload. Either way i would assume passing a free patch off as something that is worth charging money for is illegal...or at least in breach of their distribution agreement with BIS.
They did this with ArmA too. The version 1.08 was marketed in a new box to a higher price and original box was taken from the shelf. Hey just look at LockOn Flaming Cliffs...they sell a compatibillity patch there for 29.99€ Edited by Beagle

@phoen!x:

I wouldn't buy the german version of the publisher Morphicon Ltd. They've done a very horrible work in translating the game. You should get the UK version if you see it for a low price. Cut scenes are english anyway.

They did this with ArmA too. The version 1.08 was marketed in a new box to a higher price and original box was taken from the shelf. Hey just look at LockOn Flaming Cliffs...they sell a compatibillity patch there for 29.99€

They don't sell a patch, they sell a upgrade. The price is imho ok.

Check feature list:

Q: What new features does the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 upgrade add?
A: The following features are added:
- Runs under DirectX 9C
- Improved Mission Editor with trigger system
- New terrain area to include much of Georgia. This will be same map as used in DCS: Blacks Shark. As such the Crimea has been replaced with the addition of Georgia.
- More detailed terrain to include more ground objects, larger forests, and higher resolution elevation data
- Improved clouds
- High resolution airfield textures
- Improved multiplayer system with embedded game browser
- More robust online cheating prevention
- New and improved menu system
- Numerous new, highly detailed ground units including infantry
- Improved flight performance for player-controlled aircraft
- Improved flight models for all artificial intelligence (AI) controlled aircraft
- New, more realistic G-tolerance modeling
- Limited 6 DOF cockpits that move up, down and sideways according to maneuvering
- New and highly-detailed Su-25 model
- Advanced ballistics are implemented for all flyable aircraft, including ricochets of AP rounds
- F-15C locked target IFF indication
- More realistic ranges, seeker guidance and fuzes for air-to-air missiles
- More realistic electronic countermeasure operation and performance
- New and improved sound engine
- New radio message voice-overs
- Random AI look-down clutter notch variable according to skill level
- Adjusted chaff rejection
- Can start inside aircraft shelters now

Most of them are from the DCS engine switch, but there are some completely new features like the sound engine.

announcing the Arma Purple edition

It comes in a purple velvet box lined with fragments of genuine chernorussian vehicle license-plates. It has extra content that you can get in the game already, as well as some stuff you can download in 2 minutes from armaholic. It has a pop-up Sahrani incense stick holder in the shape of a stripy lighthouse mounted on a concrete plinth and a Genuine BIS novelty eraser in the shape of a Mi24 Hind (designed by RH Studios for Arma 1). The digital content is supplied on 208 top quality BMD camo floppy disks and the box comes embedded in the heart of a chernorussian sandbag that once bore the bootprint of the mighty Bardak himself.

You can have it for £295.

nice banana recon

Ooh I want!

No jokes, if BIS sold this I would actually buy it.

:yay:

Thanks

I can announce "ArmA2: Nice Edition" for a very low price you can buy ArmA2, then we give you completely for free a URL to a list of websites with dozens of free mods, addons and missions, plus we continue patching it and offer support in numerous areas months and months after the game is released ;)

I can announce "ArmA2: Nice Edition" for a very low price you can buy ArmA2, then we give you completely for free a URL to a list of websites with dozens of free mods, addons and missions, plus we continue patching it and offer support in numerous areas months and months after the game is released ;)

I see ... a yellow fictional reptile and some yellow text on a black background , yeah that would look nice for box art.

ON TOPIC.

Are you sure this "Black edition" actually exists ? Maybe it's some photoshop trick ?

yeah definitely a scam, all those features are available in the 1.05 patch. which is a free download.

To thread starter: My german is rusty, but from what I can make out, just like Binkowski already stated in the quote, it's all BS.. It's bascially what comes with all the patches. Scam.. I say sue :bounce3:

I see ... a yellow fictional reptile and some yellow text on a black background , yeah that would look nice for box art.

ON TOPIC.

Are you sure this "Black edition" actually exists ? Maybe it's some photoshop trick ?

http://www.amazon.de/Morphicon-Limited-ARMA-II-Edition/dp/B00371HBGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1270799937&sr=8-1

looks pretty official

April fools joke gone awry?

I suppose that people with dial-up would be happy to shell out the cash for a patched up version.

To thread starter: My german is rusty, but from what I can make out, just like Binkowski already stated in the quote, it's all BS.. It's bascially what comes with all the patches. Scam.. I say sue :bounce3:

A lawsuit may be a tad bit overboard, but he should probably try and do something.