wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

The first time I installed OA it allowed me the option of registering it so I wouldn't need the disk to run. It said this could be done anytime so I foolishly declined. My disk takes about one minute of unhealthy clicking noises before it gets read. I tried to uninstall/reinstall but the register message didn't appear.

So my question is: How do I register the game so I don't have to have the disk in to play?

Ive already mentioned this in another thread but this is very annoying. Has anyone noticed the thermal sights in OA showing targets as simply solid white objects - sometimes vehicles show as graduated greyscale, but people show as solid white or black, I am using combined ops.

There is pretty much stuff about people asking about controls but i think they all are possible to be found from the game right?

Well im going to ask a question here as i did in the Can your pc run it thread. Apologies if this is spamming or in the wrong place and i will delete it.

After some tinkering with the Arma 2 demo ive got it to run at about 20-30 fps on my rig (single core) and ive heard that the real game fully patched runs much smoother so how much (If any) should i expect to see my fps rise?

Also while in a previewed mission in the editor about halfway through my crosshair started flickering. It would move around a small area in the middle of my screen zoomed in or not zoomed in is this a feature or a bug?

If you were wounded when the crosshair started moving then it is a feature. Your aim becomes unsteady when you are injured. As far as what improvements in frame rate you can expect, I wouldn't hold your breath on a single core machine. Most of the improvements have been in the area of optimising the game for multi core processors, although I think some work was also transfered from the CPU to the GPU if I remember correctly. If you are in any doubt about commiting to buy, just wait for the OA demo to come out. It is very close to release now so you shouldn't have to long to wait.

Edited by Killerwatt

Oh and I'm not too familiar with the controls either :j: so please tell me what buttons etc. to press. Thankyou!

This quote is far in-answerable

There is one perfect guide for this kind of scenario.

*Sry for caps

PLS REPLAY BOOT CAMP IS THE ONLY WAY

IF ONLY YOU ARE TOO IMPATIENCE TO READ EVERY SINGLE STEPS THAT

EACH TRAINING HAS MENTIONED.

If I were like you who doesnt like to remember controls, I would take a look at the game manual instead while playing. Stop asking questions that you could find easily either in the game manual or boot camp, just that you could be lazy? You know [No offence. I'm only 15 and I'm a typical Asian who sucks in English [always fail in exams] and this OA is my 1st ARMA game which my STEAM Friend recommend me to play.]

EDIT:

Sorry for rudeness but dont worry, I will answer knowledge questions

Edited by avengerzx

Silly question, probably had been answered before, but:

A server running A2+OA accepts clients from both A2 and OA (like Queen Gambits) or just OA and CO?

Does anyone know how to lock on to a target in a A64 - Im trying to use the Hellfire missiles, right clicking doesnt work. I am in the gunner position ?

A server running A2+OA accepts clients from both A2 and OA (like Queen Gambits) or just OA and CO?

just oa \ co, since a2 isn't even near the same version ( a2 being 1.07 with latest patch, oa\co being 1.52 )

Does anyone know how to lock on to a target in a A64 - Im trying to use the Hellfire missiles, right clicking doesnt work. I am in the gunner position ?

Just press tab, as pip says

Hello Group,

My first post here so hello everyone! I have a couple of questions on the M1A2 use.

Btw, I am new to this particular game but I am and have been a hardcore gamer since the DOOM days :D

I have gone through the M1A2 tutorial but it actually "puts" the player in the designated seating areas.

So here are a few questions if someone can help me out I would appreciate it.

1) How do I select myself to move from position to position after I am in the tank?

2) During the tutorial I was able to select the "HEs" by just hitting the "F" key until it came up but in my first campaign mission where I cant seem to do anything :o I cant seem to select the "HEs".

3) Also, after a short bit in the campaign when I want to command all of the tanks that are following me to move to a selected area < when I hit the "Space Bar" and have the Green Icon come up which is usually somewhat ahead of my tank, it comes up right above my tank...how to I make the move command Green Icon move ahead of me?

4) What is the best way to tell the tanks and foot soldiers to follow me?

Thanks for now, JAKE

1) Using the scroll menu (with your scroll wheel) just select the position. If you are at a lower rank, you can't "kick" someone out of their position. Same with MP, if the position is already being used.

2)Make sure you are in the gunner's seat, switch to the cannon, and if you want to switch ammo-type use the scroll menu.

3)Press M for map, then press space, and click on the map where you want them to go. Or you can just do it visually, using ALT look (freelook) and pressing "Move".

4) They will by default follow you, but if not, click "regroup" if you want them to come closer press space to bring up the menu, then 8, then select a new formation.

You'll get used to controlling AI in time :)

Hey Everyone I'm Fairly new to Arma 2, I am Currently Playing O.A.

I was wondering How to get Fixed Wing Aircraft while Playing CTI? I play it single player. I can't for the life of me figure out how to upgrade or get the Aircraft Building to Produce Fixed wings. Really Appreciate the help.

hey guys im wondering how to use modfolders in documents and not in the game dir , i have arma 2+ arrowhead +Beta

just oa \ co, since a2 isn't even near the same version ( a2 being 1.07 with latest patch, oa\co being 1.52 )

OK. Thank you.

if you let the Javelin lock on, it will go to a steady beeping noise then fire. The Javelin when locked on will always strike from the top.

try pressing L for your laser, the Weapon has to have the laser on it, which ones do I am not sure.

I just have one question about OA before I buy it and that is in regard to the mission structure.

Are there many of the same kinds of "open world" or "command" missions in OA that there were in ArmA II? I liked the concepts but the things never turned out all that well for me in the end and pretty much bottomed out any enjoyment I could get from the single player campaign. I much prefered the mission style of OFP and ArmA I where it was somewhat expansive but much more defined.

If you tell me there's only a few of those (or none preferably), I'm going to buy it right away. But if I have to spend almost the entire single player campaign dealing with a lot of the same problems that I ran into with the original... well, that's just not worth it.

As someone who just purchased and installed OA / Combined OPs - It is worth every penny! I haven't played the campagin yet....but have done a few of the single player missions (there is only about 7 or 8, it appears)....but have made a couple of quick editor created missions / day and night assaults..... The game / sim is great!

Hey Group

Sorry for this noobie Q, how do I radio back where I am at during the campaign?

I have hit all the keys (I'm pretty sure) and cant seem to find it even though I thought I had done it before while starting the campaign.

I'm just in the 1st tank mission :o

btw, is this game very complicated or is the small manual extremely vague or am I just an idiot...I'm starting to get kinda upset with not having any continuity in my gameplay.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying ArmA II but I'd like to play the game in english. Here in Switzerland I can only get hold of the German version but I found some information that the different languages should have been added with an official patch. However I've looked through all the patchnotes and couldn't find anything concerning this. What is the current status on this?

Thanks!

If you buy it through Sprocket it's multi lingual.

A server runing A2+OA is effectively running CO (combined operations) and will run any other addons the Admin of the server wants to set it up with. As for Queens Gambit, that was an addon for ArmA1 better known as Armed Assault.

If you buy it through Sprocket it's multi lingual.

Is this only the case if I buy it from that shop (there is no patch?)? Because I've seen it in an online shop in Switzerland for about half the price noted there. Also I'd like to get the actual box and stuff (not just digital download, then I could get it over steam too).

Edited by oxyris