Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Using ropes hu...

What about the VF ladderscript?

Could it be used to make it possible to climb trees and houses and mountains

maybe...

I dont know anything about scripts, thats why im asking..

Has anyone had a sudden FPS drop problem after 339 update?

Beforce updating, I played the same mission with v334, everything is ok, but after updating to v339, at a certain time the fps drops to almost 3-5. All things are not changed except ace. When I use MMA heli missile camera to zoom in, fps drops too much. In v334 such thing never happened.

The mission is a large scale one, named 'battlefileds', a downloaded mod mission in a ten-mission pack for Sahrani. I set view distance to 6000.

Edited by xy20032004

Re; Rangefinder issues, i've tried with both laser dsignator and vector nite. After reloading and turning laser on, it's just staying on constantly. Posted on devheaven as I know i'm not the only one with the issue

Hmm weird about the laser des. I tested it right now and i have no trouble at all... Sure all is up to date? And CBA is loaded first in your modline? And is it in the editor or a mission? If mission then what mission?

Always provide as much info you can. ;)

About FPS drops in latest version. I havent noticed this problem either. Wonder if you guys do everything correct like having every part of ACE up to date and that you load the ACE addons in the correct order wich is CBA first then ACE, ACEX, ACEXSM. If you dont have it this way please test it and report back. If you do have it this way then another addon might be the "bad guy". In both cases: Laser Des and FPS drop.

Only things i can think about right now. Hope you get it sorted. :)

Tried rangefinder issues with all mods selected in right order, with only those mods. I'm all upto date according to the six updater. The issue is both on MP and in the editor. Just got a message that might help;

:"OUTDATED: USERCONFIG\ACE\ACE_CLIENTSIDE_CONFIG.HPP, ACE_SERVERCONFIG.HPP, ACE_TRACKING.HPP, ACE_KEYS.HPP"

bearing in mind the only editing i've done is to add my profile to ace so I can put goggles on - will it be a case of me having to re-install ace? I'm assuming there's only so much you can do if there's only a handful of people experiencing the problem

Edited by Rudkin

They are not up to date so go to Rsync (SixUpdater) and choose "Process Userconfig" so you get them updated. I think thats how you do it still. Or you have them updated in your ARMA2/@ACE/Userconfig. Move them from there to ARMA2/Userconfig/ACE.

Im using YAS atm and i get new userconfig replaced everytime i update. Dont know why yours didnt do that. But do what i said above - SixUpdater - chose Process Userconfig. Test it.

Can someone just explain me what I doing wrong.

When I run the latest version of the Six Updater - GUI I always gets this look of the site: http://yfrog.com/1ssix22j - and I cant do anything - update or something else

After 50 attempts I get a proper look like this:http://yfrog.com/5hsix33j - so final I can update A.C.E. 2

1 - start the Six Updater - GUI and every time its look like this - http://yfrog.com/2msix11mj

2 - click on main and its always like this - http://yfrog.com/1ssix22j

3 - After two days of clicks Its final normal - http://yfrog.com/5hsix33j - and I can do update A.C.E. 2

But again if I want to do some update its always this page http://yfrog.com/1ssix22j - and I cant do anything

I reinstall the Six Updater - GUI several times so I do not know what to do else. Add, install or update something more? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

For the sudden FPS drop problem, I put everything in the right order, ace updated to 339 fully. I have played OFP,Arma,Arma2 for many many years, so I will not make some mistakes in arranging PBO files :-)

The question is that with 334 everything is ok, after fully updated to 339, the Sudden FPS drop problem comes. The most obvious proof is that if I use MMA heli missile camera to guide missiles, fps is too low, I even can not move the camera. In v334, this never never happened. That is why I feel so confused. For other times, it seems no problem, I only encountered fps drop to 3-5 once, after I shot a aav7 with a rpg.

Hope other players can test this, try to set viewdistance to more than 3000, and use mma missile camera to point a target. MMA version is 2.4b6. I think it is not the problem of MMA or other mods. Nothing is changed except ACE when I play the same mission which I have used many times since ACE's first beta version to v334.

I use AMD x4 955 and ATI 4870, 4gb ram, win7.

Btw, try to use a large scale mission with many units in it, so the sudden fps drop may appear more easily.

ACE is an excellent MOD, hope it gets better everyday :-)

Edited by xy20032004

So then can you please test without MMA (and other addons) to see if the FPS drop persists with only ACE? You have to strip everything out to see whats causing it. Even if MMA and ACE worked before its good to pin point wich combo creates the problem. Otherwise ACE team cant do anything.

For the first time ever I have tried mando Missile and I can say its good but I get bad stutter with it and slow down and never had it with ACE.

This may be the cause for you lot I am not sure, but it was for me for sure.

Edited by stk2008

Found the cause! I forgot to set virtual ram in win7 after I ghosted my system back. At the time I used ace v334 and mma 2.4b6, I set pagefile.sys to 2gb, after ghosting system, I forgot this thing.

A large-scale mission with lots of units and viewdistance set to 6000 requires huge amount of ram. 4GB physical ram is not enough, although most people think the game itself will not use more than 2GB physical ram. It seems not the case.

Now, with 4GB physical ram + 2GB virtual ram, everything is back to normal, hahaha.......................

Found the cause! I forgot to set virtual ram in win7 after I ghosted my system back. At the time I used ace v334 and mma 2.4b6, I set pagefile.sys to 2gb, after ghosting system, I forgot this thing.

A large-scale mission with lots of units and viewdistance set to 6000 requires huge amount of ram. 4GB physical ram is not enough, although most people think the game itself will not use more than 2GB physical ram. It seems not the case.

Now, with 4GB physical ram + 2GB virtual ram, everything is back to normal, hahaha.......................

What are your frame rates when everything is set to normal?

Can this only be done using Win7? If you've figured out a "secret" to getting the game to use more RAM then please, let us know.

Yes let us know, however be warned dont force it using msconfig, because i did that and lost 5gb of my 8gb of ram so im stuck on 3 and the other 5 wont come back :(, so be warned guys.

Well, I am not a programmer, so I don't know technically how much ram the game can really use.

I use win7 ultimate + ramdisk4G(special one which can really use all the 4GB physical ram in 32bit win7), amd x4 955, ati 4870, game resolution 1280x720, viewdistance 6000. When the game is running no other program is working in background except windows system things. In the past I also believe that the game will not fully use 4GB physical ram, maybe only half, but in win7 this is the case, it runs better with larger ram, pyhsical or virtual. I can not explain the reason in a technical way, yet, if I only use 4GB physical ram and disable virtual ram, the game's fps will suddenly drop to 3-5 when I use MMA missile camera to point a target 3000m away. I previously thought it was the bug of updating to ace v339 and came here to ask why. Now, sorry, my bad. The strange thing is that even with virtual ram disabled, win7 does not report low ram, I can keep on playing untill it is very laggy to unplayable. With virtual ram only set to 2GB, everything is ok again. So if you have 6GB or 8GB physical ram, I think you can disable virtual ram without affecting the game's performence.

BTW, my lowest fps is about 10, highest 60(vsyn on), average 25-30, in such a large-scale mission and viewdistance 6000, I am happy with it :-)

Edited by xy20032004

Why not try ATI 5970? Faster than Nvida 480 :-)

Already on it as the predosesor to my 4870x2 :p

nevermind

Edited by 7

Which one do I use? I have no clue whom/what the second download is for? Am I a nod32 user? What does that mean, as in the AV software?

Edited by Manzilla

ace2 webiste documentation down. please include list of objects in DL on ace folder so when web goes down we can still find reference (could be i am just not looking in the right place)

thx for one of the greatest addons for arma2 ever.