Sign in to follow this  
LJF

Pазорени� island

Jungle - would you rather FPS or Thickness?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Jungle - would you rather FPS or Thickness?

• I would rather the jungle be thick, regardless of bad performance.
    • I would rather the jungle have high[er] FPS: sacrifice the thickness.

I think the poll should include "Release a Max vegetation and also medium vegetation version?"

Because that's what I would want to select, and yet Schmalfelden did this justice by releasing actually 3 versions .. light, medium. heavy.

Its pretty clear from the outset you will have issues on rigs .. so to cater to both would get your map in the must have list I think :)

Agreed. Didnt see any mentioning from LJF about this though. FPS good on one system can be real bad on another. That many trees on my pc was never good. Schmalfeldens 3 versions however made many people able to enjoy the island.

Never the less, well see when its released if its playable or not. :)

PS. Awesome screens. This island look breathtakingly amazing.

Thanks guys, yeah, I'd love to stick a waterfall in there, and I would if I could.

Wass, I wasn't sure if it was right, I'll change it for release :)

Now I just need to replace all the old jungles with the new :( Still, should improve performance now since the new jungle uses about half the objects of the old.

Edited by LJF

well is that possible?

Dont you need that as a Static FX?

I know clayman has made the topolka dam waterfall addon. Maybe use this as a base for waterfall?

I know clayman has made the topolka dam waterfall addon. Maybe use this as a base for waterfall?

Hmm, interesting, I might look into that :)

Edit: The mew island has 88,000 objects as opposed to 138,000 for the old one, just with the new jungle.

Edited by LJF

I hope there will be good african/jungle environment sounds. And one or two old military bases. :)

Close now ...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT1oWoWlAks&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT1oWoWlAks&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Nearly done :)

The town looks nice, The jungle looks awesome but the open area in between feels and looks like chernarus with the grass and those colours. That's the feel I've gotten from it.

The details you've put in the jungle are awesome though! And the city looks grimm and realy nice. But in the vid it just doesn't seem to mix in great with the open areas.

Can't wait to see this masterpiece. I've enjoyed your smaller "forest" islands in A1 but I didn't find any use on them for my squad/missions. Hopefully this will change with Razoreniya ;)

woot good news ...i want see this godlike jungle.yeahh and we need vietnam era units and then letz fight :D

After seen your clip. Suggestion: Add some Rocks in the "open" areas or so? Players enjoy cover to boost up gameplay. Maby add some rocks in the jungle too? Fun to have some good cover sometimes.

Just my opinion and suggestion.

The town looks nice, The jungle looks awesome but the open area in between feels and looks like chernarus with the grass and those colours. That's the feel I've gotten from it.

The details you've put in the jungle are awesome though! And the city looks grimm and realy nice. But in the vid it just doesn't seem to mix in great with the open areas.

i have to second that. maybe just make the fields a mix of 3 instead of just one clutter/groundtexture. some bare ground like in a desert some with only some small bushes (like on Utes) and then the highgrass u have now. to add some variation. like so:

pd1094417.jpg

hope u get what i mean. just some gaps and variation.

Wowzer, looks in all ways just wow. Cant wait to be on this island. Keep it going.

I think this island is what everyone is waiting for very much! Specially when you made the best looking jungle so far seen for ARMA2 ( My own opinion).

Keep up your awsome work!!

:D

The jungle and foliage look very real and natural to me, probably the most natural forest to be found in ArmA 2 anywhere! It's nothing short of amazing, and i can't wait to try it out :)

Very nice Indeed. The jungle is very convincing... And most probably a very deadly place...

Now there're only animals like parakeets, apes, snakes and tigers left to be done, hehe :D

Now there're only animals like parakeets, apes, snakes and tigers left to be done, hehe :D

Dont forget the Monkey

Picking up weapons of dead soldiers. lol

:)

:yay:

lol, I'd love to do some coop in one of these.... how quickly we would fall....

Dont forget the Monkey

Picking up weapons of dead soldiers. lol

:)

:yay:

Monkeys with guns would lift this game up high above all others, to look down on lesser awesome titles :cool: