Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

I was just discussing this with some people I play with, and was hoping for a clarification: will using voice activation for local speaking and using a key or button press for radio transmission be possible with this addon? That's how I've come to use the current release and I think it would be great if I could continue to do that.

We had a bug with that, but it should be working now. :)

The radio PTT key is a true TS3 PTT key. We had issues where having PTT mode going and voice activation at the same time would cause TS3 to get confused and disable voice activation. Now we just disable voice activation while you use your radio.

oki and it's the same fix for continious transmission ?

We had a bug with that, but it should be working now. :)

The radio PTT key is a true TS3 PTT key. We had issues where having PTT mode going and voice activation at the same time would cause TS3 to get confused and disable voice activation. Now we just disable voice activation while you use your radio.

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hey look! A video!

qxvCUe-zF5A

Edited by JDMT

Well done JDMT! Looks like I need to help out more with ACRE :P

with alpha package v.47 haven't 3D sound same problem with 46

with alpha package v.47 haven't 3D sound same problem with 46

The only time I've seen that problem was when running it with the beta enabled. Turning off the beta resolved the issue entirely.

beta is off , i use ace last version , cba last version , package 48 same probleme no radio sound (csss) and no 3D position i don't know why i'm sure i make a mistake but i don't know what

The only time I've seen that problem was when running it with the beta enabled. Turning off the beta resolved the issue entirely.

I thought jayarmalib didn't work with the beta anyways? (because of the complexities of shifting memory locations in each new binary version)

It does work now? It used to have an error about 'version mismatch' yadda 1.05 only.

Edit, Nevermind, I just found this: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11234 Playing catchup with sometimes tri-weekly betas is frustrating. (I have to do it with my noBlur also, but I have automated it. Unfortunately, unless Jay used some code to ID the new memory locations dynamically(difficult), it would be too time consuming for him to do every beta. And even if he could dynamically find the memory locations, there's no guarantee he wouldn't have to keep 'fixing' it if BIS changes the code operation.

Keep in mind that many people sync the beta via six updater too.

Instead of supporting a beta, the time is probably better spent on ACRE itself, or other features of jayArmaLib such as sqllite support.

Edited by oktane

Feature request.

Sometimes we play missions RealTac Team vs Team (Opfor ,Blufor) with "Scenario Master",

Scenario Master is like "GOD", like narrator of everything what is in the mission, he does not fight, he is indepedent.

This person SM gives diferent tasks to the teams (opfor or blufor) and must hear at the same time Long Range conversation of both sides.

He must be able to answer separately to one side, or to both.

It would good to give oportunity to mission markers add special "LR radio" with ability to hear all set channels (in a2t are up to 5 chanels) in the same time.

Such person SM could choose which channels answer/speak to (or mark all channels, and speak to all).

Maybe could be done like this:

If the mission maker put in the mission unit named ScenarioMaster his LR Radio has such features.

i am joining this request. in today's military comm devices it is possiable and frequently used to listen to multiple channels. i think it is best to add 2 new options to the radio control panel for each channel, 1 for receiveing that can be on in all the channels in the same time and 1 for transmiting which can be on only for 1 channel.

Isn't that an exploit, or weakness, that should eventually be handled (maybe optionally depending on how strict the admin wants the game to be) by the plugin (.dll) file itself, preventing output if not running? I'm not sure what is possible though. Might be worth checking with other TS communities if such function should exist within TS and ask the TS devs for that possibility? Just thinking out loud :)

Yea there really isnt much you can do about people not running the plugin... :P

Yea there really isnt much you can do about people not running the plugin... :P

Other than limiting their participation in the game that is. I'm led to believe the necessary commands are on the roadmap if not implemented already for which I am (and other public server-ops might also be) suitably appreciative. :cheers:

We can check if the addon is present, and prevent play if it's not.

Is it safe to assume that if the plugin is running, then the clipboard will continuously change it's contents? If so, that should be detectable too, and prevent play.

Not kick or anything (player could experience problems), just a near full screen resource that almost blocks the view. Texting should still be possible, as he might be in need for assistance if he is experiencing problems.

But, important, only if the admin actively chooses to enforce this. It should not be default behavior.

It isn't really sufficient to just check for the addon, they can run it without running the TS plugin and could remain in channel with talk-all/hear-all. Another (probably more likely) scenario is a number of players on their own TS server and unable to communicate with others on the game server, in many cases it will be desirable to prevent these players using the team's major assets. The script I've linked to there will put them in the server-op specified server/channel and confirm that they remain there.

It isn't really sufficient to just check for the addon, they can run it without running the TS plugin and could remain in channel with talk-all/hear-all. Another (probably more likely) scenario is a number of players on their own TS server and unable to communicate with others on the game server, in many cases it will be desirable to prevent these players using the team's major assets. The script I've linked to there will put them in the server-op specified server/channel and confirm that they remain there.

This is great, i hope Nou and jaynus are considering adding this... fairness should be a top priority IMHO.:)

But what if a feature of TvT is finding another persons radio and discovering their frequencies or having something that is able to listen into other peoples radio traffic.

Being in separate channels wouldn't allow for this... :(

On a more fun note....

Bueller.... Bueller.... Bueller....

117F_display.jpg

Nicer quality png at link (same dimensions, just not all lossy looking).

Being in separate channels wouldn't allow for this... :(

Not separate channels, as used in my mission it puts everybody in the server in the one channel, the key thing is that it can be used to enforce sanctions for those not bound by the comms system.

Great control panel.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Is "ADUIO" intentional?

Can I also ask, am I correct in assuming that the current absence of radios for vehicles (unless carried onboard) is just a yet-to-do thing?

Is "ADUIO" intentional?

Unintentional :D Thanks for catching that... :p

Yea, radios defaulting inside vehicles is a thing to do. It will not be like in A2TS where EVERY vehicle has one.

Just quickly perused available functions and can see...

["joinServerChannel", [<server>, <server_port>, <server_password>, <channel>, <channel_password>]] call acre_sys_rpc_fnc_callRemoteProcedure;

... (even better than A2T which won't allow you to specify the channel password) but wonder if you plan to either;

a) Add an option to read back the current server or channel? A2T has the latter which allows confirmation that the player is indeed still in the correct channel index. Or (and this would be still better);

b) Make the JoinServer call only act where one of the parameters doesn't match the current situation such that it can be routinely called every 30 seconds or so to make sure they stay there but without causing a whole disconnect/reconnect/switchchannel.

???

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Hmmm... actually option b) wouldn't allow the missionmaker/server-op to know for sure if they had the TS plug-in enabled (and thus can be JoinServer'd) unless they can also count on...

["getClientID", ""] call acre_sys_rpc_fnc_callRemoteProcedure;

...to indicate if they're not connected by returning (say) -1.

I should probably try some of this as they may already work this way. Very keen (obviously) to adapt my script just as soon as the required capabilities exist.

Edited by Defunkt
This time in English.

Yea, radios defaulting inside vehicles is a thing to do. It will not be like in A2TS where EVERY vehicle has one.

I think the best option would be to have a predefined array with most applicable vehicles defined, like today. With the option to go advanced where the mission designer specifies what vehicles have radio simply by using setVariable or something. Maybe just a simple module to disable the predefined array.

That will allow easy testing using the default array, or go convoy where you might limit radio to only certain specific vehicles even if more of the same class is used.

you must wait the RC (soon) for the moment it's alpha

Has anyone had problems with a2ts version 8, on win xp 64 bit?

64bit ts3 beta 22

Sometimes ts3 crashes, sometimes arma. Its especially sensitive when using the short range radio. Only the 64bit dll plugin insterted.