Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

As much as i am looking forward to this, i have a question/suggestion.

Is there any chance you could get the enemy to use the radios? so perhaps blufor HQ could intercept transmissions?

If HQ could understand russian/chinese/afrenian

I wonder how the signal map would look if the emitter was on the hill. It wouldn't look so obvious as in valley.

Anyways - this is just awesome! But in other hands means no compatibility with other maps than Charnearus?

The signal tests are all done in real time and should work on any map. When using it in game its only calculating the point to point transmission path, not the radial transmission strength.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

As much as i am looking forward to this, i have a question/suggestion.

Is there any chance you could get the enemy to use the radios? so perhaps blufor HQ could intercept transmissions?

If HQ could understand russian/chinese/afrenian

... not quite sure what the use of this would be against AI. The AI do not talk...

To the developers:

Could you guys make it so that KingHomer's ACE M1A1 TUSK tanks also get a LR radio.

At the moment they don't.

That looks really cool! Could you do another one of these but in the forests east of Msta? That area has a ton of high hills. (Between Three Valleys and Msta)

Actually looks pretty neat. You can see some of the shadowing that hills cause.

msta_hill_tn.jpg

This is on Hill 120 to the east of Msta.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Here is a Duala signal map, just for the heck of it. :)

duala_test01_tn.jpg

How long does it take you to generate these maps? I only ask out of interest due to the new maps in Arrowhead, and time between A2TS becoming compatible with them :).

How long does it take you to generate these maps? I only ask out of interest due to the new maps in Arrowhead, and time between A2TS becoming compatible with them :).

AGAIN these are maps are just to show signal over an area from any point to the single point being tested.

In game this is all real time you can load up a brand new map and it will work instantly.

These maps I am showing serve no other real purpose besides looking cool and helping me refine the algorithm that generates them.

Again! THE SIGNAL QUALITY CALCULATIONS ARE DONE IN REAL TIME!!!!

Anyway, here is another Duala map...

duala_test02_tn.jpg

Kind of a silly request, but, could the name be changed? ArmA2TeamSpeak3 (A2TS3) is a bit of a mouthful, it would be much nicer for a simpler name (with a simpler acronym/initialism) to be used instead.

Kind of a silly request, but, could the name be changed? ArmA2TeamSpeak3 (A2TS3) is a bit of a mouthful, it would be much nicer for a simpler name (with a simpler acronym/initialism) to be used instead.

Well, why not just call it "ATS" when talking to someone?

cant say AyTuTeeEsThree?

I sure can, but I doubt the person who connected without the addon would understand, especially over the chatter of everyone else in the channel.

This is indeed such a minor issue, but the issue does arise frequently in discussions.. Someone mentions A2T, the immediate question is which one. (original or 1.0 (aka ACE Dev version)) Perhaps it should also be considered due to the scope changes that occurred during development that have taken it on a slightly different direction than it's predecessor. (and this is by no means a negative thing!) What I thought of the two scopes, simply broken down was:

• simple, optional, VOIP replacement for all, with a very small amount of depth (channels), entirely script based, semi-public server friendly
  • compared to
  • ultra-realistic, LOS modeled, radio objects/crates, RTO Roles, suited for highly organized teams and realism matches especially, may have required client addon to join (dunno yet).

Regarding the incredible and overall, game enhancing portions of this addon could provide to the arma community: Hopefully the new A2T 1.0 devs are willing to let others use the TS3 plugin/jayarmalib portion as the basis of a basic, optional voip replacement for A2 (ideally included in ACE, enabled by default), should the OA expansion fail to make any improvements to the stock and useless VOIP. (and the two must not interfere of course, A2T would always take precedence if installed and enabled on the server) It's just a dream to have working voip that hooks into the game's existing GUI transparently, as well as features such as this. :vvv:

This of little importance at this time, as you are busy getting ready for 1.0 release and all. But I hope you will consider it sometime.

Cheers Guys

(nice sig meek :))

Edited by oktane

I agree that for as long as the old version has the advantage over the new of being public-server friendly, then a distinction in the name would be a good idea. Though I'd obviously prefer if the new version could somehow retain the functionality.

I vote for AARS (ARR-S) - Armed Assault Radio Simulation :D

I vote for AARS (ARR-S) - Armed Assault Radio Simulation :D

Arr! I be likin'. Yo ho ho

"ArmA Radio Simulation Environment" is great too.

We want to keep the a2ts3 prefix because thats what our code uses, and its annoying to have to change it...

Though I do like ARSE from a lol standpoint... not 100% sure.

BTW if it is ARSE it'd be "Advanced Radio Simulation Environment: ArmA 2 Teamspeak 3"

So you could call it ARSE or A2TS3 or whatever... :P

Keep it A2T. That's what my group calls it, nobody has a problem with it, just keep it the way it is.

Please keep it A2TS3, at least we know what we are talking about.