Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

It will be required to use but we feel this mod will be popular enough to justify that.

I am sorry, but for the functionality people want there is no other way.

We might look into in the future making it somehow more able to be used jointly on servers that are and are not running it but that is not our goal or intention right now.

If we do make a version that does not require our objects the functionality would be severely curtailed on servers choosing to run that way.

I wonder if on this count we're talking at crossed purposes anyway, there's no problem with needing the mod to run on the server per se, the question from oktane which I understood you were addressing is; will this mean players have to have the mod loaded in order to join that server?

I wonder if on this count we're talking at crossed purposes anyway, there's no problem with needing the mod to run on the server per se, the question from oktane which I understood you were addressing is; will this mean players have to have the mod loaded in order to join that server?

No I think I mis-spoke there. If a server is running it as it stands right now then all clients would need it. You can turn off signature checking or ignore it but I do not know how well it will work. If you put down our crates and add our radios then of course it will be a client side requirement.

If you just use the ACE ruck radios then it might work, but we do a lot of stuff that helps gameplay by replacing objects and managing inventory items in a controlled way that might not pan out if not everyone is using it. Its hard to tell. There is only so much you can do client side only.

Really looking forward to this. Fantastic work so far, guys.

No I think I mis-spoke there. If a server is running it as it stands right now then all clients would need it. You can turn off signature checking or ignore it but I do not know how well it will work. If you put down our crates and add our radios then of course it will be a client side requirement.

If you just use the ACE ruck radios then it might work, but we do a lot of stuff that helps gameplay by replacing objects and managing inventory items in a controlled way that might not pan out if not everyone is using it. Its hard to tell. There is only so much you can do client side only.

So, if in the future the ACE team includes your radio objects in the ACE2 pack then all will be well. Right?

If you want to use it then you need to run it when joining a server.. Aswell as all the people need to have ACE running to join a public ACE server. I don't really see the big trouble?

If you want to use the first version of this plugin you would still need it running if you were to be able to use it in game. Sure you could join the server but if you would have to quit to make it working. Since most of the things in this mod aims towards a milsim experience I for sure think it would be stupid to remove some of the things from it just so that some guys who only play dommination with DMR and SMAW can join servers without the mod loaded....

@Nou:

Maybe its because jaynus is on a vacation and cant reply, but XATRIX -

a man with decent knowledge about russion military Radios tried to contact

jay via e-mail to offer his Help. Should i give him your contact rather?

If yes: please tell me how he should contact you. I see the Ticket still on top

@ DH, so i think its still help needed on this topic.

greez

fREAk

I love how radio sounds like with this mod. For sure it will be even better with the new releases. Thanks for working to improve it as it´s one of the best ideas to get inmersive gameplay I have seen recently ;)

Cheers

Hi, I'm Italian and I do not speak English well. congratulations for your magnificent work.

I made a small change to your work for my personal use.

I Replaced the items in the dropdown menu using the keys defined in the Following Way.

user1-user2-user3 as default.

shift + user1 cycle through short range channel.

shift + user2 cycle through long range channel.

Ctrl + user1 Open / Close Short Radio Dialog.

Ctrl + user2 Open / Close Dialog Radio long.

I find this change very comfortable.

If someone wants to test this version can be found here.

please tell me in return for advice.

p.s. thanks again to the authors who have made the gaming experience more immersive in arma2

sorry for my english.

@Nou:

Maybe its because jaynus is on a vacation and cant reply, but XATRIX -

a man with decent knowledge about russion military Radios tried to contact

jay via e-mail to offer his Help. Should i give him your contact rather?

If yes: please tell me how he should contact you. I see the Ticket still on top

@ DH, so i think its still help needed on this topic.

greez

fREAk

Yea that would probably be best. Thanks. :)

He can send me a PM here or respond to the ticket with contact info.

If you want to use it then you need to run it when joining a server.. Aswell as all the people need to have ACE running to join a public ACE server. I don't really see the big trouble?

If you want to use the first version of this plugin you would still need it running if you were to be able to use it in game. Sure you could join the server but if you would have to quit to make it working. Since most of the things in this mod aims towards a milsim experience I for sure think it would be stupid to remove some of the things from it just so that some guys who only play dommination with DMR and SMAW can join servers without the mod loaded....

I suppose it has never occurred to you to wonder why in this game "Public Server" is synonymous (certainly in your mind at least) with Domination and everybody running around doing their own thing. As one who has wondered it is a little disappointing to see something that promised to make a very real difference now ensnared in ArmA multiplayer's other great Achilles Heel; mod hell.

@NouberNou: Will the plugin source still be released such that someone like myself could submit a patch to address these issues?

hey guys !

i have the last version of arma ts and i have the latest ts3 version but i don`t see the plugin in teamspeak3 of arma.

I suppose it has never occurred to you to wonder why in this game "Public Server" is synonymous (certainly in your mind at least) with Domination and everybody running around doing their own thing. As one who has wondered it is a little disappointing to see something that promised to make a very real difference now ensnared in ArmA multiplayer's other great Achilles Heel; mod hell.

@NouberNou: Will the plugin source still be released such that someone like myself could submit a patch to address these issues?

We haven't figured out how we are going to release the source. It is there for view but at the moment we retain the copyright on it. Kind of a tease, but eh.

On the other hand I been thinking more on how we can address this issue. I need to talk to Jay and Rommel and see what we can figure out.

That's great, I'd have thought any mod dependency was slim and avoidable (if only by sticking to ACE items). The auto-connect features already exist in the original plug-in code so this too might hopefully just be a case of re-adding those routines and internal commands to call them. I am a contract C# developer and can generally muddle my way through C++ so happy to assist if desired.

That's great, I'd have thought any mod dependency was slim and avoidable (if only by sticking to ACE items). The auto-connect features already exist in the original plug-in code so this too might hopefully just be a case of re-adding those routines and internal commands to call them. I am a contract C# developer and can generally muddle my way through C++ so happy to assist if desired.

The main issue is how the server handles it because for it to work with the people that do have it the server needs it. So if the server needs the mod then we need to figure out how to make it not interact or try to interact with clients that do not have it. Really it should be pretty easy though. Most of that code is already in place.

Hi, testing the mod yesterday with 7 guys of my clan on our server the mod become laggy, broadcasting open and close have a retard of seconds and make communication inviable.

Is a bug? all run the a2t only locally, the server isnt running it.

Corrected, I used execVM, I think Johnson made a "sleep 1" to allow players to ear each others in the briefing.

http://94.23.41.117/arma/addons/arma2ts/arma2ts_v008.zip

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Also updated on the Six Updater Network

sent 40.33K bytes received 683 bytes 16.40K bytes/sec

total size is 379.34K speedup is 9.25

No, version 1.0 is not released yet..

Version 1.0 is finished, not released yet?

1.0 is feature complete for release, we have a couple bug fixes that need to have the patch applied, unfortunately Jay had to go and get some work done at his job. Hopefully he will be back ASAP and we can get this out the door.

If the code is well commented, i might have the time to look it through and sort those bugs out :)

Haha its not commented, at all really... :p We wrote most of it non-stop and changing so much as we went that inline commenting is about nil, especially for my code.

We have the actual fixes, they are just not committed and tested yet. :( Soon though, soon! :)

Well you have time to comment that now :P

The new version is much anticipated since we regularly have nights with 15+ players and the plugin just gives in regularly which is very frustrating. :(

hi guys - I'm back! Worked pounded me this week, but I am commiting my last few bug fixes this weekend.

I'm going to run through and address a few things reading ack from this week:

To address the WHOLE server-side issue. We use a server side plugin for 2 reasons:

1. Synchronize Radio ID's between all clients so there are no duplicates

2. A central obelisk to store related radio information for all players on the server

To answer the question: Our system WILL NOT work without the server side plugin. Period. Ace included. Due to the way we handle physical, droppable radio's, the server side ID sync is required. If you have a radio without an ID (which means server-side is not running), the radio's will not work; only direct speaking will. If you turn off mod checking on the server, clients without the client-side plugin will not get ANY TS3 functionality; just like before.

This is interesting. New objects would indicate a required addon right? In the past, the original a2ts addon wasn't required, being all script based. So pubbers could still join the server and not have it, and we could tell em how/where to get it. (normally people on TS already had it) Hopefully with these new rewritten versions they can still get on and just have to suffer an error popup (missing xyz classname) rather than getting kicked off the server, so we can still help them out. Pretty sure that's how it would work since it wouldn't be in the mission.sqm's requiredAddons.

Sort of. Right now, you can use our custom objects *or* ACE radio objects. we do have full ace_compat; all ACE radios right now get the PRC119 GUI and settings. So - this means all missions which had just ACE radios on them will work just fine. The reason for this is we will be extending to far more radios above and beyond ACE, and we needed a way to do this.

So to answer your question: If people use our radio objects, its required; if they keep on using ACE objects (including base arma ItemRadio, we work with that too) then there will be no changes to requiredAddons.

New version also uses jay armalib to comunicate between ts3 and Arma2, so even without objects, there still be some addons required ^^, i don't know if that would kick players out or not but i don't see that a big problem. Just put it on the server name, and users should be smart enought to google it ^^.

jayarma2lib is completely client side; it is not required on the servers.

it's not you or the dev team but perfectionism kill the addon , if you do all work in one release we don't have the pleasur to wait other udaptes =)

We found 2 bugs in our last test run last week that crashed the server and client on domi. We wouldn't have found it without a single person running an obscure TS3 Addon. The community here would have chewed our nuts off (mine mostly, the bugs were my fault) if we released with a bug like that. Like nou said - not perfectionism, but there are some things that just *have* to be done.

I am going on a coding frenzy again this weekend. No fear folks :)

Unit 19, as a tank simulation group, has been using A2TS since it came out.

I have been following this thread closely since it was posted and can see, especially these last weeks, that some individuals here are really putting in alot of work in this project. I just wanted to say thanks to those people for what they did so far.

It is very much appreciated :)

Edited by Dutch