Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

As I understand it, ACRE currently .... blah blah ... think it is more suitable, and the acronym is the same, so no code refactoring ;)

dude enough with the names, they don't want to change it, unless you want to go and create your own radio mod as to call it whatever the hell you want, leave it in their capable hands.

Onto more appropriate concerns, how long do you blokes reckon it would take to get it running in OA? I assume with JayArmALib being OA compatible it would mainly be a matter of setting up something to replace the PRC-119 model?

I agree with Meek. This great addon isn't limited to radios so why limit the title so? I like ACRE and I like Advanced Communication and Radio Environment

SSG(Swedish Strategic Group) clan looking ACRE look absolutely awesome when used in a tactical sense.

They ran a long, 5 hour test for us with absolutely no problems over the weekend!

Props to them and thanks for the test guys! They make it look more awesome than awesome.

www.ssg-clan.se

dwTYGa3kCLU

in my opinion, 3D talk mode is too quiet and radio is too loud ...

Edited by jaromaz

in my opinion, 3D talk mode is too quiet and radio is too loud ...

i have to say this is right. 3d talk is mainly ok !! but the radio is a bit too loud.

also the radio-sounds like there is mainly no lowcut in the audiostream.

but its so great , and brings arma to a new level !!!

love it already. don´t wanna miss it ;)

We have adjusted the curve in the latest builds.

Right now I am finalizing my build environment and making sure everything is signed and ready... :) We are VEEEERY close people! :D

I agree with Meek. This great addon isn't limited to radios so why limit the title so? I like ACRE and I like Advanced Communication and Radio Environment

It doesn't matter! :) As long as it wasn't called A2TS to confuse everyone between the old version Blackwater made and may still develop vs the new version that Nou and team has made. It can mean whatever you like it to, like so:

Advanced Carrot & Rodent Eliminator

:p

To add something serious to this post, OA has implemented one way, outbound communication to other applications via UDP. It doesn't touch jay's armalib, but it's 'half' of the equation at least. Hopefully BIS will add the other half someday and make Jay's life a lot easier, not spending hours looking at assembly code. :D Until then, armaLib will still be required unfortunately, afaik. See here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9436

Edited by oktane

Wow, cool, more than half the solution perhaps as the highest frequency update is surely each client's position which I would suppose (not having looked at it in detail) is an outbound only update to the local TS client which (again, guessing here) is then propagated by TS. If this was the case then the clipboard might be perfectly adequate for any occasional inbound updates.

Not sure which RC that was, but with jayarmalib fix I was able to run the addon on 1.07 , switched radios, tested presets... but had no time finding a buddy to walkie talkie together. TS3 ran smooth, no glitches...

As for the ACRE - looks and feels excellent. The yellow transmitting sign is not only clean but also informative! Interface and radio switching is also cool!

The only thing I can't get is how to change frequency manually at default radioset instead of steeping on preset channels and also couldn't find a way to change CAPS LOCK to other key for PTT.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

By the way, has anyone mentioned somewhere the feature to turn on loudspeaker on the radio so, that anyone close around could hear what's said on transmission at the moment?

Edited by zvukoper
removed install location spoiler - sorry DH!

Have a look at:

ArmARoot/userconfig/acre/

There is a file where you can set your PTT Key.

Cant get the latest version from the dev heaven working, without and with the JayArmAlib hotfix.

We get the radios and the transmitting in the corner but no 3d sound or transmissions and I can still hear everyone in the channel fine. BTW used the installer that is 5 days old.

Edited by Havoc Company

i have to say this is right. 3d talk is mainly ok !! but the radio is a bit too loud.

also the radio-sounds like there is mainly no lowcut in the audiostream.

but its so great , and brings arma to a new level !!!

love it already. don´t wanna miss it ;)

Sadly, this is heavily dependent on the TS3 encoding and codec used. Most of them are already doing waveform normalization for the compression; which means everything is within a small, audible band (and doing pass-filtering is basically pointless).

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Cant get the latest version from the dev heaven working, without and with the JayArmAlib hotfix.

We get the radios and the transmitting in the corner but no 3d sound or transmissions and I can still hear everyone in the channel fine. BTW used the installer that is 5 days old.

Those bugs have been fixed. We haven't had an installer on our last few RC's.

By the way, has anyone mentioned somewhere the feature to turn on loudspeaker on the radio so, that anyone close around could hear what's said on transmission at the moment?

Thats a 1.1 feature. :)

Have a look at:

ArmARoot/userconfig/acre/

There is a file where you can set your PTT Key.

Thank you! Found it, all worked.

this one made me a smile on my face :D

"patience! ;)"

anyone who is into it know what i mean :D

thanks NOU :D

this one made me a smile on my face :D

"patience! ;)"

anyone who is into it know what i mean :D

thanks NOU :D

I smell a release very soon....

I smell a release very soon....

We had a big bug creep up yesterday (that oddly did not appear at ALL in a previous test that night before) and that is holding us up. :)

Since we are a bit delayed again... Here is a video we were going to keep for the release post that someone at Shacktac recorded during the awesome test 2 nights back.

G4CR5-lK-Hw

We had a big bug creep up yesterday (that oddly did not appear at ALL in a previous test that night before) and that is holding us up. :)

Since we are a bit delayed again... Here is a video we were going to keep for the release post that someone at Shacktac recorded during the awesome test 2 nights back.

hmm sad to hear. Hopefully you get it fixed.

hmm sad to hear. Hopefully you get it fixed.

Yea, it is being retested tonight.

On the OA front: In game VOIP is really improved, no more dropping out, but there are still huge glaring issues that prevent it from being used. Like players able to be heard by some but not all users. (yes, channel was global or side, still no bueno) Didn't expect much, was surprised at improvements, but in the end still a let down. :(

Jaynus, if you fix the armalib so it works with steam OA I want to make babies with you... or I can offer delicious cake (your choice).

I've grown accustomed to ACRE and right now just general TS3 communication feels... weird.