Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Quoting R3volution in full! Well said. This is going to be a great, great map.

Hey guys just wanted to show you this wip, Because the walls on this map are going to be breachable i thought i would give my hand at modeling something that does the job :)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x272/darkfenix19/afghan/sa.jpg

i think this is what the uk use to make small breachin holes but i couldnt find any infomation on it hope u like it:eek:

Hey guys just wanted to show you this wip, Because the walls on this map are going to be breachable i thought i would give my hand at modeling something that does the job :)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x272/darkfenix19/afghan/sa.jpg

i think this is what the uk use to make small breachin holes but i couldnt find any infomation on it hope u like it:eek:

Nice,

Got the breachable walls done with help from Rock which can be breached with satchel charge. working on various sizes.

just need to get the rubble to work so that it shows on the ground after being breached.

wall1-2.jpg?t=1270398695

wall3.jpg?t=1270398748

wall4.jpg?t=1270398825

arb that looks fantastic my work is far inferior to urs :(

No way. how does your breach thing work?

Arb - those look fantastic, but two quick questions:

Firstly, any chance of roughing up the blast hole a bit (i.e. so it looks more broken along crack/weakness lines, etc. [e.g. here or here])? No issue if not (e.g. if it's too many faces, etc.), but just thought I'd ask, as they look a little too 'smooth/regular' to me :)

Secondly, how easy is it for someone to move through the holes after breaching? I'm sure you've thought through it well, but it'd be a shame to only have them be of much use for shooting through :)

the sas used them in the iranian embassy siege its 3 pieces of pe4 attatched to 2x4 pieces of wood that you lean against a wall with some det coord

Arb - those look fantastic, but two quick questions:

Firstly, any chance of roughing up the blast hole a bit (i.e. so it looks more broken along crack/weakness lines, etc. [e.g. here or here])? No issue if not (e.g. if it's too many faces, etc.), but just thought I'd ask, as they look a little too 'smooth/regular' to me :)

Secondly, how easy is it for someone to move through the holes after breaching? I'm sure you've thought through it well, but it'd be a shame to only have them be of much use for shooting through :)

still work to be done on apperance. no issues with walking through the holes.

the sas used them in the iranian embassy siege its 3 pieces of pe4 attatched to 2x4 pieces of wood that you lean against a wall with some det coord

cool, does it work in game?

i dont know yet there only like a 5 min model :) only an idea becuase i know the british still use them i am only doing them to put of the invetable UV lol

Edited by DarkFenix100
its all about the uv

i dont know yet there only like a 5 min model :) only an idea becuase i know the british still use them i am only doing them to put of the invetable UV lol

no worries.

anyway firing hole in a wall.

hole.jpg?t=1270402215

m8 its starting to look very good... and looking forward to see alot more of it when im on leave here in may:D besides will send u those pics at that time since im going back to patrol base line the 7th, but the 6th of may ill be back in denmark then i can send u some good pics of the greenzone.. which is getting more and more retarded...

but again keep up the good work..

Anybody know how to get rid of these dark shaddows on the surface, I have removed the surface and redone it but it remains, hmm

SHADDOW.jpg?t=1270411421

Is it your shadow lod? If not then it could be a face on a face.

Is it your shadow lod? If not then it could be a face on a face.

Shaddow lod seems fine, the surface looks like this in visitor:

shaddow1.jpg?t=1270413367

That looks like its got a double face on it. But you need to remember that shadow lods need sharp edges and all faces triangulated ,and inverted. And finally make sure you dont have any textures applied.

You forgot it needs to be a closed geometry...but that doesn't look the case here.

Personally i think the res lod is not triangulated where as the shadow lod is (should be). You might redo that part...

-> Select your res lod model and squarize (if possible, setting all edges to soft might help in some case). Do the same for your shadow model.

Then convert bought models with the option "Structure -> Triangulate Convex". Normally all triangulated edges should be equal, if not use the "turn edge tool". In case you don't know how that works:

Select at least two faces (tris) that cover the area where an edge needs to be flipped. Then use the tool and press on the edge you want to flip. Don't forget to press F5 on selected model.

It might also help if you scale you shadow model a bit inwards, so it is slightly smaller in proportion of your res lod model.

*Rock, i though inverted shadow was only handy for complex stuff and stuff like interiors. For a simple object like a wall normal facing faces should do the trick imho.

Regarding the shoothing hole in the wall, you might want to fix that nasty UV error on one of the faces (in the picture, from hole going upwards and left). You also want to try giving the edge smooth values or if possible give it a bevel (me don't like low poly sharp edges).

thanks guys, couldn't fix it so starting from scratch.

Beautiful. One of the reasons I can't wait for this map is the level of detail you get into.

Damn. Looks really awesome!!

Arb, when it comes closer to the time of release, PM me, I could take some very high res screenshots to advertise your map. Just a thought. :)

Looking very nice there man! As darkhorse said, your level of detail is stunning!