Tonci87

JCOVE Lite for free

Agree on that. Its a really nice thing if you see it as what it actually is. A military training simulation

Is this the Iraq map included in jcove?

NZJPwq-zqW8

I think all those buildings were still from vbs1, doesnt look that bad actually.

Imagining a city with that density using Arma 2's trees and buildings... -30 fps? :crazy: .

Is this the Iraq map included in jcove?

Yup, As Samawah

Posting some pics from Samawah while messing about in JCOVE editor.

I crowded a street, and placed some terrorists and a pickup truck in the middle of it.

th_VBS2_LITE2010-02-0422-03-39-79.jpg

The AI surprised me by immediately making them jump into the truck and drive away(perhaps not so strange, with me being in a Apache helicopter over them)

th_VBS2_LITE2010-02-0422-03-45-67.jpg

th_VBS2_LITE2010-02-0422-03-49-07.jpg

Edited by sparks50

Welcome to my future police state:rolleyes:

th_VBS2_LITE2010-02-0422-04-07-79.jpg

(Trippel post to avoid image limit)

How did you get the laser range finder to work? :eek:

FLIR is really great, but i found it to be teh suck that imapcts don´t show up in it. Hope that´s changed in OA! *hint

How did you get the laser range finder to work?

The 'F' key is your friend :cool:

How did you get the laser range finder to work? :eek:

Press 'F' and it will find the range, and automatically adjust the weapon elevation to hit the target... it's pretty neat.:cool:

Anyone have a full list of what features are (and which aren't) included in this lite version?

Also what about a comref? Does JCOVE-lite include the same command set as full VBS2?

Things i don´t wanna miss anymore:

• FLIR! - both white/black & green/black :286:
  • Commander override for turrets (it´s not like we didn´t want it before)
  • LRF (though off with Chally & Apache, T72 hits much better)
  • Weight system (carry up to 30kg, no matter what)

Still trying to find a weapon with laser attached - manual says hit L key but haven´t found appropiate weapon yet.

Also might add stun grenades to above list once we´ve come around testing it in coop & PvP - same goes for IED´s once someone got them to work, and friggin sling loads / fast roping - if those features are even included.

Also what about a comref? Does JCOVE-lite include the same command set as full VBS2?

Only tested setBMI and setHeight and those two didn´t work, or i was too stoopid, but copy/paste from the biki shouldn´t be that hard - so i think they stripped some of the commands out.

Only tested setBMI and setHeight and those two didn´t work, or i was too stoopid, but copy/paste from the biki shouldn´t be that hard - so i think they stripped some of the commands out.

This sounds ridiculous, but I thought I read one of the mods on the JCOVE Lite forum saying that it was the copy/paste function that wasn't implemented.

Edited by Richey79

LRF (though off with Chally & Apache, T72 hits much better)

Theres a bug in both the Challenger and Apache models which causes the LRF to be off, its been fixed in full VBS, but not in JCOVE lite :(

Still trying to find a weapon with laser attached - manual says hit L key but haven´t found appropiate weapon yet.

None of the Brit weapons in JCOVE (or VBS2 full) have lasers, we can only hope that either the Laser Light Module or the new RIS forward (which also comes with acog, grip and lasers) get added at some point.

Keep an eye on the version numbers listed in the wiki. setBMI and setHeight were added around 1.3, JCOVE Lite is something like 1.2

I was playing the defend mission and seemed to be near the end of it when i got a BSOD for no apparent reason. My pc never gets BSOD so now im a bit scared to reload the game.

Arma2 is a much better more polished experience, now Ive tried it.

anyone got those hellfires to lock on self LD targets - AH64?

i thought the FCS and weapons sys in VBS should be a bit more...real than in A1/2

Well remember that this is only the lite Version. There might be Features that aren´t working.

anyone got those hellfires to lock on self LD targets - AH64?

i thought the FCS and weapons sys in VBS should be a bit more...real than in A1/2

I was messing about as the gunner in the apache and just aim at a building pressed fire the hellfire went sort of straight at the target.

I didn;'t really know what I was doing I think it just follows what your point at, I didn't have a target box or anything come up.

Anyone have a full list of what features are (and which aren't) included in this lite version?

Yeah, it would be interesting to see a comparative between ArmA2/VBS lite/VBS2. I personaly love what I've played, it's a great present from BiS.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see a comparative between ArmA2/VBS lite/VBS2.

It would make more "sense" (in as much as it doesnt really make sense to compare them) to compare with ArmA1, since thats the engine VBS is based on.

I think we all would like to see a tighter cooperation between BI and BIA.

Perhaps in the fourth generation of Real Virtuality? If there will be a fourth generation? :)

Anyway, its great to see BI allowing the JCOVE DVDs to copied and shared. Its a nice little peek into VBS.

Maybe because it's 'cool' to 'borrow' stuff from copyrighted work,
How do you say that in French?

I wonder how many of the features in JCOVE will be in Operation Arrowhead?

So, my 2 cents about JCOVE:

1) much more optimised engine - with all graphic settings rised to max levels I have 80-85 fps in missions, only dream in A1 and A2 :)

2) great map - I would be very happy to see such large and well-made desert terrain in ArmA

3) armor units have lots of very useful features

4) infantry models, sadly, are looking like those in OFP

5) but armor and air units look great

P.S. I hope that the miracle will happen and all the features of free JCOVE will be implemented in paid ArmA1/ArmA2.

So, my 2 cents about JCOVE:

1) much more optimised engine - with all graphic settings rised to max levels I have 80-85 fps in missions, only dream in A1 and A2 :)

This 'optimisation' is simply a matter of removing most shaders (no normal maps or specular maps), and having lower resolution textures. AFAIK JCOVE/VBS2 doesn't benefit from any other optimisation tricks that we haven't got implemented for the ArmA series, besides this graphical amputation.

Not to mention that maps have a lot less objects per km2 than Chernarus has. Run maps with similar detail in Arma 2, and your FPS would mirror this.

Edited by sparks50