Tonci87

JCOVE Lite for free

Well it sounds rather ridiculous to me :)

And rather sinister, in it's way. How many other programs, "serious" or otherwise, decide to petulantly uninstall themselves because you did something ostensibly allowable in the program, but that the devs simply didn't like?

If they did it as a joke, that'd be one thing. If they did it as a serious consequence to an ingame action, that's straight in the nerd bin ;)

Or maybe it was a requirement by the MoD and the devs just did as ordered. ;)

Or maybe it was a requirement by the MoD and the devs just did as ordered. ;)

That might make more sense ;) nothing more dullwitted than a deskbound army officer looking for decisions to make :D

"To prevent our soldiers from unexpectedly mowing down everyone on the range, despite this never happening in the history of the army, we should make sure that the soldier is punished by, er, having the software disappear on the PC that's probably not his. This should reduce incidents of range-bound slaughter within 3 months."

*Gathers promotion*

Anyway, it'll keep some amount of light-duties-bound sergeants in work as they constantly install the app onto the classroom PCs :D

I don't buy that one myself.

If the game uninstalls itself from a soldiers computer, then it has to be reinstalled.

Far easier to just tell him to do 50 sit ups.

Enjoying this download greatly.

A real treat, what ArmA should have been from the start instead of all that dodgy yank clobber.

Got my hands on your missions thanks Wolle. Looking forward to giving them a go sometime.

Edited by Baff1

That might make more sense ;) nothing more dullwitted than a deskbound army officer looking for decisions to make :D

"To prevent our soldiers from unexpectedly mowing down everyone on the range, despite this never happening in the history of the army, we should make sure that the soldier is punished by, er, having the software disappear on the PC that's probably not his. This should reduce incidents of range-bound slaughter within 3 months."

*Gathers promotion*

Anyway, it'll keep some amount of light-duties-bound sergeants in work as they constantly install the app onto the classroom PCs :D

I can imagine the humiliating positive reinforcement that would happen in such an exercise in a real-time, networked training environment in a LAN lab. All of the students knowing it was you and being able to watch you reinstall the software while the rest of them train would send quite a message.

JCOVE Lite is the software they're using for recruiting, like America's Army in the US. You won't have them all sitting in a LAN lab to play the shooting range mission in MP ...

Got this from the JCOVE forums:

Hey guys - this isn't a bug - the sim was designed this way.

If you mess about and shoot friendly forces during the training mission you will be kicked and the sim will not re-start.

This is because it isn't a game - it is a military training simulation. We didn't want to mess about with locking you in a jail cell playing country music, or something twee like in America's Army - you just get kicked out.

No apologies. No second chances.

Happy Days.

Major Tom. .

http://www.jcove-lite.co.uk/showthread.php/never-never-mess-284.html

And yeah i agree, its stupid, its just a program at the end of the day, how someone acts in what many will see a game (whether they like it or not) does not mirror how they will act in real life.

How many people are honestly going to take a disk they got from there AFCO a seriously as they real thing? How many COD playing guys will just shoot the first thing in sight when they're learning the controls and wanting to check out the effects etc.

If the MOD did ask for it its just silly to be honest.

Hi all

Simple solution do not shoot your own side.

I personaly think it is a great system for weeding out the numpties.

Kind Regards walker

JCOVE Lite is the software they're using for recruiting, like America's Army in the US. You won't have them all sitting in a LAN lab to play the shooting range mission in MP ...

So JCOVE doesn't do this?

So JCOVE doesn't do this?

No.

10 chars

Hi all

Simple solution do not shoot your own side.

I personaly think it is a great system for weeding out the numpties.

Kind Regards walker

Even better, if you cant do some target practice without causing FF incidents jump straight to the editor or play some missions :) .

Just found this - glad you are all enjoying the new site for the JCOVE Lite users.

Myself and [R-DEV]Gaz created this site a few months ago to see if we could get a community together, as there seemed to be none out there.

Yes - it was a Project Reality Team concept, for the Gaming Communities out there.

Plenty of decent missions and so on up on the site now :) Everyone is of course welcome to participate. If the legalities are sorted with the public usage of the US version of VBS2 Lite, I will be adding facilities for both JCOVE Lite and the US version.

Edited by Gaz_pr

Did anyone notice that the FLIR in the US version is not working? I got a call from my nephew who installed the us lite version (before anyone starts stating he needs to be in the army, stop, he is), it is all white.

Did anyone notice that the FLIR in the US version is not working? I got a call from my nephew who installed the us lite version (before anyone starts stating he needs to be in the army, stop, he is), it is all white.

Yes, it has already been reported. (Not here, though.)

jcove lite is fun. instead of mounting it in damenon tools i just extracted it using 7zip and isntalled it - works fine.

one thing that is a bit off putting is the cone of fire on the shooting range. i aim directly at the target but the bullet misses. oh, and the trees on the one map where you have to clear the insurgents don't give a feeling of being natural, rather badly placed.

but the feel of advancing with troops is good - these ai run to engage. pretty good thing when under fire.

enjoying it but it made me dig arma2 even more.

a error i got after installing jcovelite is that i get an error message when opening arma2 - no 3dconfig. not sure how to fix that and now i get blocks of colour load before the trees appear - never had that before.

It's standalone software.

It runs off the old ArmA 1 engine.

It's the British Army mod, made and distributed by the British Army. I think you can find an Australian and Americn army version free to download too.

You should get your pents, pants and take note: Lets break it down for you!

Start up Jcove and see the engine,

Compare it with ArmAII, it runs like a dream no tension!

Jcove is like ArmA; just with an extension,

High framerate=save energy, soon you'll live in a mansion!

Yes its like that, its nice from the start,

High framerate=less stutter, good for your heart!

Realism, the performance does never drop,

The physics aren't nice, but do the job!

Only 2006 game you can play on a 2005 PC,

Just start up the game and see,

Yeah!

well i dont have a computer yet. im gonna be getting one in the summer

guys can you put a link of the vbs2 american lite version?

guys can you put a link of the vbs2 american lite version?

No because as of now only members of the U.S. Army and contractors have (legal) access to US Army Lite.