Sign in to follow this  
tomato

Any mod teams looking for a modeller?

Hi, I've been modelling and texturing for several mods on a few different game engines, and I think it might be fun to make something for ARMA 2 too. Is there any mod teams currently looking for 3d stuff that I can help out with? Please feel free to drop me a pm if you wish to see some of my previous work.

Hi I think every mod team search for teamsupport.

Newest Request : http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1549681&postcount=77

But I think its up to you and your intrest (OPFOR, BULFOR, special country?, special era?, science fiction? or mods like ACE?)

The best way would be to write to a mod team if you could help there. ;)

btw. at the most modteams its also a matter of your experience and knowledge, the quality of your addons.

Edited by evion

I'm actually looking for a modeller to work hand in hand with me, I do textures mainly and some config stuff. I'm part of at least one mod but I would love some help just doing some good custom addons for the community if you're interested just pm me.

;) interested in an irish army mod drop a PM

if you are interseted is some israeli stuff pm me (most of the stuff just need upgrading )

... and I could really use a couple of dead simple custom models for my island... a "standing stone" or two, a couple of Brit-shaped road signs (tweaked A1 model would be fine) and a "pile of sheepshit" clutter model (I have the "texture").. :D

You'll be flooded with offers - good modellers are hard to find... best pick an area that interests you personally (probably NOT sheepshit...) hehe....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Here is a peek of what I've been working on lately, it's made for Crysis but might work for ARMA too.

WIP:

http//i522.photobucket.com/albums/w347/bethdeacon/viewport2-1.jpg

http//i522.photobucket.com/albums/w347/bethdeacon/vest_basetexture.jpg

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100 kb

Looks very nice, may I ask you what vest that is? :)

also, is that coming for some crysis mod? if yes, could ya tell which one since if it has more stuff modeled by you it would be nice to see what else you have done for it

Looking awesome, tomato! :) I'm sure your inbox will be bursting at the seams in no time with people needing you.

you have some serious talent, welcome to the community! i'm sure someone will snap you up and you'll get to work right away.

Tomato that looks really good.

What vest is it supposed to model IRL? I've never seen it(and I'm a big armor buff).

Hey Tomato. This is Chris G. aka-Miles Teg<GD>, team leader of the Lost Brothers Mod.

We are the oldest existing mod from the Operation Flashpoint days with a massive mod in OFP, a fairly good size mod in ArmA, and now currently focused on porting our mod to ArmA II along with making new higher quality addons and models.

Our main problem is that we do not have any in-house modellers and could really use your help.

I know you're more focused on US Army type stuff, however Israel uses alot of US military equipment and has some of the most awesome and unique weapons on the planet. You also would have a free reign on working on whatever projects you wish. I'm not a draconian taskmaster or anything. I just give feedback and try to insure that the addons are as realistic as possible and also help to coordinate efforts between different addon makers so that people aren't accidentaly working on the same thing.

Right now we will be porting over IDF, Egyptian, Syrian, Hezbollah, and Hamas units to ArmA II including the Merkava Mk1, 2, 3, and 4 series tanks, the Namer heavy APC, the Achzirit heavy APC, the M60A3 (IDF and Egyptian Army), UH-1N, F-15E, F-16C, F-16I, Westland Mk2 Commando, Gazelle gunship, AH-1S Cobra gunship, F-4E, A-4, Golan MRAP, Ze'ev MRAP, IDF uparmored humvees, landrovers, a huge range of ships, etc.. etc..

For infantry we have almost every major unit of the IDF, we have artillery, and we have unique infantry weapons like the Tavor rifle, the Negev LMG, the Shipon AT rocket, and the Spike SR and Spike LR ATGM's.

We also have done historical infantry and armor from the 6 Day War and Yom Kippur War periods (released in ArmA1).

However... alot of these models are outdated and we really could use help updating alot of our models especially with the infantry and weapons. If you are interested any of your work that also could be used for other mods, you would be free to share. In our mod we believe 100% in sharing anything we make ourselves as long as it is not going to another IDF mod in ArmA2 (that would create duplicate addons). So far however we are the only ones making Israeli addons as well as unique Arab military addons.

We have plans for later doing advanced Jordanian tanks like the Phenoix Mk2 and the Falcon tank (challenger 1 with a 120mm remote turret).

So if you want a low-pressure, easy to get along with mod, that is making something very unique and that have history of ACTUALLY RELEASING ADDONS (and not just hording stuff for years). Then I think that you will really enjoy working with us.

We are extremely small however and could REALLY use your help!

So thank you for at least considering us and I hope to hear back from you soon.

LoBo_HistoricIDFparas_1.jpg

LoBo_HistoricIDF80_1.jpg

LoBo_Nahal1.jpg

LoBo_MerkavaMk3_1.jpg

LoBo_Egyptian_Marines1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod- The Brothers Isaac & Ishmael

What vest is it supposed to model IRL?

It's IOTV, newest vest for US Army soldiers...

@tomato - Great stuff mate... Well, i don't have any team yet but I'm planning to do some few addons (and then whole mod). It's only me and my friend for now so the helping hand (or mouse) will be nice... Only thing I can say it will concentrate around US military...

Edited by Max255[PL]

tomato

Please refrain from hotlinking images > 100kb

DMarkwick

You should be long enough around to know that quoting images isn't allowed here ;)

ACE2 is always looking for contributers, and modelers, contact Evil_Echo.

ACE2 is always looking for contributers, and modelers, contact Evil_Echo.

ACE2 is also a gigantic mod team with alot of politics going on. Yes they are doing alot of cool stuff, but currently they are also doing alot of stuff that is PISSING OFF the community to no end. I'm almost about to quit TG over all the ACE insanity. Anyways, if he wants to join all that, that's cool. But Tomato, if you want to do something unique and very different I hope you will join my mod team (The Lost Brothers). We are tiny compared to ACE, but we've stood the test of time and are in ArmA2 for the long haul with addons that are very different from everyone else. But if you want to team up with the script kiddies and wanna be soldiers who think they must be so hyperrealistic that they have to include different lengths of rope to fastrope from a helicopter (seriously they devoted an insane amount of scripting to this) then that's cool. I for one am fed up with ACE. They are definitely not the be-all, end-all of addon making and are just making a once excellent mod into something horrifically complicated and buggy that only the most extreme hardcore simulation fanatics will be attracted to. This is coming from an ex-US Army man who was once an ACE supporter. Now, it's just getting rediculous. But anyways call it envy or whatever. I'm just tired of brilliant addon makers getting sucked into that blackhole, getting burned out, and then just leaving the mod making scene for ArmA2.

In the LoBo Mod that will not happen. We keep things simple balancing realism and fun. If not us check out other great mods like the FFAA mod or the RKSL team.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

I also want to emphasise regarding ACE2, that there's no need to "join the ACE team" to produce material to donate to ACE2, or that simply is made ACE2-compatible. It is very good with stuff that works with ACE2, but how large should the ACEX part of ACE2 become before it's out of hand? :)

More modules like the ACEX_PLA one I'm all in favour for and other ACE-compatible stuff. Just want to cool down the hysteria a bit ;)

I also want to emphasise regarding ACE2, that there's no need to "join the ACE team" to produce material to donate to ACE2, or that simply is made ACE2-compatible. It is very good with stuff that works with ACE2, but how large should the ACEX part of ACE2 become before it's out of hand? :)

More modules like the ACEX_PLA one I'm all in favour for and other ACE-compatible stuff. Just want to cool down the hysteria a bit ;)

Agreed. Fromz is about the only individual who's taken advantage of the modularity of ACE2/ACEX.

Agreed. Fromz is about the only individual who's taken advantage of the modularity of ACE2/ACEX.

SFC.Itzhak sort of did the same...

That's because Fromz is an insanely skilled addonmaker. I looked everywhere trying to find anything on the ACE Wiki about making addons compatible with ACE to no avail. I was planning on making the LoBo mod fully ACE compatible but after some of the insane levels of complexity I see being added into ACE, I'm reconsidering this.

Also SFC.Itzhak just donated his stuff to ACE but for whatever reason it hasn't been put out in any betas. (They are spectacular CH-46 and CH-53 helicopters that I have betas of and helped do the sounds for assuming he ended up using my engine sounds).

At any rate, making models/textures and making addons are two different things. Making the entire addon means being both a modeller and a texture artist while also learning how to do all of the config work. With infantry it is VERY difficult doing custom infantry models if you're doing it from scratch as you must label each section of the body perfect in accordance to BI standards and naming for their skeleton system. So unless Tomato knows how to do all of these things, he would need the assistance of a mod team or at least an individual addon maker with that type of expertise. Body armor isn't too bad to get working on the skeleton, however the shoulder sections and the groin protector section likely will be a pain in the ass to get working with the main body skeleton. I had to do this with a PASGT flack vest and had alot of difficulties with the shoulder section. I have massive respect for the guys who have done entire infantry models from scratch and actually got them to work properly.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg