Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

Please give us a Run Command

...As in haul A$$, don't look back, don't lie down or duck or anything -just run!

Would be helpful in so many areas.

1.Artillery's a coming -"squad, run!"

2. Cutscenes -Civilians actually fleeing from a disaster or a messenger has to run to a certain person under fire with the chance that he may stop or duck due to the disasters going on around him/her.

3. Time sensitive missions.

4. Medics to heal quicker when area is clear

5. Would give AI modders a tool when trying to create a behaviour in which other behaviours need to be temporarily nullified.

If not a waypoint, then at least an overiding scripting command. DoMove's and what not still fail sometimes and also doesn't force the evacuation in a realistic and/or timely manner.

Edited by froggyluv

Agreed, I just failed a mission because my squad member didn't haul ass when I told him to. There was a tank coming straight at us so I ran through an alley and told my squadmates to do the same, but instead of hauling ass they did the usual; go prone, cover, then move to destination.

Needless to say they all got slaughtered and there was nothing I could do.

I agree, it should be easy enough to implement anyway, just skip the ai procedure of covering himself from enemy detection and fire and use all stamina to get to the give position asap.

Plus, I like the idea of having an extra speed mode in the editor: "LIMITED","NORMAL","FULL","HAULASS" :D

I think it would be appropriate :) after all, sometimes I just run. No thought to tactics, just run :D

This could definitely be useful.....

"Ruuuun!" & "Shut up!" will get the most votes! :D

I was thinking more "Get to da choppaaa!!"

While in "Danger!" mode, the AI utilize overwatch and bounding movements. It's slower, but safer for the group.

You need to set them to "Aware". Now they'll run when you run to keep up and will not bound over reach other.

Even if you haven't set them into "Danger!" mode yourself, I think the AI will set themselves into that mode automatically in some circumstances, like when the group knows it's under fire. Therefore, you might have to set them to "Aware" if they are not keeping up with you.

HAULASS would be a fantastic addition. One thing to add - this should speed up but not override the combat mode they are in. so if AI is in danger mode - they'd use much bigger bounding overwatch steps and haulass from cover to cover not drop in the middle of the field under enemy fire. or if ai is in aware mode then they'd run full out.

if in aware mode they'd run full blast to the destination or while following squad leader.

+1, This is a great idea.....

Dev-Heaven

Go here, register, then read this and create a 'ticket' for this 'issue'... hopefully the devs will pick it up :)

That plus bring the danger mode set by player again and it will rock big time. Something that goes on my nerves as well is that when my AI is spread out a bit and i tell them to form back on me they walk... WALK! I find myself in SP talking to them saying "YOU THINK I GOT ALL DAY YOU MORONS?!".

Damn they could really use some speed at times.

A Move fast command and please make it automatically bring all AI on their feet so they arent seen crawling around like crazy men. :)