Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi all - has anyone created a set of low-threat missions designed to show off the ACE features? I've recently installed it to play 'Operation Jackel's Hunt' and I'm struggling to find stuff that is new in the ACE mod.

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but try searching Google for 'ace training mission' :eek:

Well, afaik, ACE Training Grounds might be the mission you are looking for. I'm not sure if it contains all the features but it's not hard to edit it and place whatever you want, right? :D

If you are unfamiliar with editing, I could do it but I think I need aproval from mission creator if I plan to use it online...

Most comfortable to try out features/content imo is i0n0s his RTE (RealTimeEditor).

In Singleplayer you should be able to access it from the ESC menu.

You can make it accessible in Multiplayer aswell, for example by adding support for it in any mission.

Once in the RTE, you can spawn anything you want, even put up some targets for ya to practice on. Don't forget to hit "Play" once you've finished though, otherwise nobody will move :P

Thanks Minoza, I'll try to find it, unless you have a link? As for using it online, I don't play online so it would be SP I'd be using it for.

And thanks Sickboy I'll have a look at downloading that now.

I can do basic editing, but I don't know about units with different weapons etc.

Surely something like this would be useful to include in the ACE package - ie. to show off the new features? With text prompts along the way like "Pick up this weapon and press these keys to get the iron sight up" ... etc....

PS - does the Armory work with the ACE mod? I'm sure I tried it on the QuesKabrul island (spelling) but it kept spawning me as a priest...

Edited by horrgakx

Could be very useful indeed. We do not develop missions though, we develop features and content :)

We would love to include such missions in our package though, so if anyone feels up for it, leave us a ticket.

I welcome a mission with hints like you have suggested. It might be a great way to learn people how to play with ACE mod.

Actually, atm I am thinking of making such a mission... It's easy to make a hint system, you can even do it with triggers, waypoints... No need for scripts to do that...

I maybe already have something similar... It is ACE weapon range, it is meant to teach people how to operate with weapons, grenades, launchers... Doesn't have hint system, but as I said it shouldn't be a problem to make one...

If you want, I can give you link to this mission.

hello Ace Team just a quick request, would it be possible to add the Havoc & Ka-50 Chopper to the ACE mod? Would help to balance it out for the OP FOR in games like Warfare since the US gets a lot more aircraft to chose from? Just a request, it will probably be shot down but I figured I'd try :)

hello Ace Team just a quick request, would it be possible to add the Havoc & Ka-50 Chopper to the ACE mod? Would help to balance it out for the OP FOR in games like Warfare since the US gets a lot more aircraft to chose from? Just a request, it will probably be shot down but I figured I'd try :)

Ask via ticket on the DH site. It won't be noticed most likely by the devs here. There's probably a ticket about game balance already there but honestly that's not the ACE2 focus. You should ask the authors of those heli's to make an ACE2 compatible config, then it will work in ACE2. It only takes a short time to make that new config compared to having the ACE2 team drop other development and work on adding a few copters that already exist.

Things don't need to be physically added to ACEX in order to work with ACE2. All that needs to be done is the authors of the content need to make an ACE2 config like SJB and Binkowski, plus others, have done already. We need to get on the other authors to get on the ball and get those ACE2 configs out.

Edited by Manzilla

That's not the whole story though Manzilla, what you're suggesting still won't see those units on many ACE servers. ACEX is a defacto standard for additional content and server-ops know that players who join their 'ACE' server will have all the included units. The fact that an ACE2 config is available for other content is neither here nor there really, most people will still not have them.

Please please for the love of god remove the CBA Inislization screen! it pops up random all the time!!! its soo annoying too! It pops up in the main menu screen when u dont want it to when you start the game or quit out of a mission! it loads when you join into the mission! sometimes even when you go to select a player slot! Its just soo "In your way" and its not even needed. At leaste make an option to disable it in the configs.

A.C.E Release Candidate 2, Update #2 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

Enjoy! :cool:

@MattXR:

After about 50 times, im sure you know where the bug tracker is about now don't you? :)

Edited by Sickboy

That's not the whole story though Manzilla, what you're suggesting still won't see those units on many ACE servers. ACEX is a defacto standard for additional content and server-ops know that players who join their 'ACE' server will have all the included units. The fact that an ACE2 config is available for other content is neither here nor there really, most people will still not have them.

My apologies. My point wasn't anything to do with servers or what have you, my point was that we need to discuss it with the content makers not the ACE2 devs. Whether we want just an ACE2 config or to have it added to ACEX shouldn't be discussed here. As the devs have stated over and over again, they do not plan on adding a ton of content to the other sides just to focus on balance.

If we want balance we need to either:

A.) Ask the content dev for an ACE2 config

or

B.) Ask said content maker to work on an ACEX version.

The ACE2 devs don't have time to add everything that people want, that's not their focus. As froms did with the PLA Mod, he made an ACEX version so it could be added. The other content makers need to do the same, not the ACE2 devs. Thus this is not the place to ask and the ACE2 devs aren't the people to ask.

We all need to take this to the respective content makers in order to get it into ACEX or the ACE2 config. I'm sure sickboy and the rest will acknowledge this if they happen to come across this post.

Sickboy and crew,

Thanks for the update once again!

Er... if he would like to see it included in ACEX (and my point is that including it is the only way to ensure it's available for use in multi-player) surely he has to suggest that to the ACEX developers?

Er... if he would like to see it included in ACEX (and my point is that including it is the only way to ensure it's available for use in multi-player) surely he has to suggest that to the ACEX developers?

True but they may not listen. They may just tell someone exactly what I've said. I'm not making this up out of no where. It's been mentioned over and over again. I'm just repeating what has already been said.

Surely I'm not the only one that has read this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1555748&postcount=2903

Has anyone noticed that you can't pack items into a pack while in a vehicle with the latest update? I swear just this morning I did it but now I can't, in the same mission as well. I'm in a heli. Maybe I'm mistaken. If not a ticket is needed.

Edited by Manzilla

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.260

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

Hope that the Shtora is as good as you say, it'll help make the T-90 into the tank it should have been in ArmA from the start. :D

Packing inside of vehicles is disabled, the reason you still see the pack/unpack button is because the dialog refuses to update while inside of a vehicle. It's best to keep it disabled to prevent further errors.

Did something change with the ruck system? Missions that I've created using the ruck, now have an empty ruck, which in effect breaks every mission I've created since version 231. YIKES!!

Good thing I learned a few years back to always make a back-up before "upgrading". Looks like we'll stay at 231 for a while longer.

~S~

WH_Boomer

231? That was a forever ago :P Eager to try out the shtora system... Anyone tested if the SU-34 gunner can now lock on targets?

I see the Mpmissions folder inside of @ACE is empty now, has it moved? or are the missions added to the normal mpmissions automatically?

I see the Mpmissions folder inside of @ACE is empty now, has it moved? or are the missions added to the normal mpmissions automatically?

Look into @ACE\store.

There you'll find mpmissions.tar

You can unpack it with 7z for example.

Xeno

Try it in the editor first.

Otherwise http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki/Bugz

This was in the editor.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRzt_b2Np9g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRzt_b2Np9g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I don't get an alarm or nothing when I'm in a T-90 and a warhead is coming. Is there something I need to do to get the Shtora system to work? I though it worked before.

@GTO: latest ACE version (Update released today) Are all mod versions up2date incl CBA?

Seems AH64 is still broken indeed though, when vehicles were targeted the missile went fine, when I finally had control over the laser target, the missiles only flew straight :), AH1 seems to work fine.

I don't get an alarm or nothing when I'm in a T-90 and a warhead is coming. Is there something I need to do to get the Shtora system to work? I though it worked before.

Smoke, alarm and auto-turn is only available when the incoming missile is laserguided. Also, AI must be gunner of targeted vehicle for autoturn to work atm.

To successfully jam the missile (laser or wired) the turret must be facing the missile before impact (within 45 degrees left or right).

If all that don't work, please create a ticket with details :)

Edited by Sickboy

Smoke, alarm and auto-turn is only available when the incoming missile is laserguided. Also, AI must be gunner of targeted vehicle for autoturn to work atm.

To successfully jam the missile (laser or wired) the turret must be facing the missile before impact (within 45 degrees left or right).

If all that don't work, please create a ticket with details :)

Thanks for the info and updates :)

231? That was a forever ago..

Yep and that was the last time the ruck system worked, at least without breaking the medic system which happened with 240'something. So we've decided to stick with what works with all of our missions.