Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

JW since you are apparently well informed here could you tell me how to straighten out a config error I get latley. Something to the extent of files or keys in the ace\config not being right. It does not prevent me from playing but I seem to remember a post saying that occassionally you need to delete something some where so it can update itself properly. Thanks.

Heh well i'm not really ACE certified but maybe i can help you anyway :p

Whats the exact error message you get?

When do you get the error message, when updating or when joining a server?

But is there meant to be no voices?

If you want voices:

\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

change

#define ACE_NOVOICE

to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

edit: FIRST! Pwnd you JW :b

Awesome thanks very much JW it works now cheers, But is there meant to be no voices?

Open C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp and edit:

#define ACE_NOVOICE to //#define ACE_NOVOICE that should enable radio comm talk.

Edit: damn you Cole, for this your not allowed to play along today :p

I explained that the nuclear weapons are not broken and why. Every part of that explaination was relevant to your problem.

I also updated the ticket your posting on DH with further information including an offer to help you if you uploaded your mission so I could understand what you are trying to do.

There was no "ambush" here. People kept asking about classnames for the B-61 and talking about bypassing EASA to add them to aircraft without hardpoints. I tried politely to say that such things would not work right and would work even less well in the future. Just adding the bomb launcher for the B-61 is inadequate and bypasses much of the....

Well thank you for the time, it sounded like you were saying I was some kind of stupid when I posted the ticket. I appreciate the fantastic free mod but it makes it difficult when you update ACE and a mission you have been working on for a week just fails to work now. My friends and I don't follow what you guys do and the changelog just said "Updated nuke animations" Or the like, so when a nuke just makes a little "poof" of smoke we assume its broken.

If you can give me the nuke effect with a trigger that setdamages 1 in a certain radius that will do just as well.

Thank you for your time

Have crosshairs for all vehicle mounted weapons been permanently disabled (i.e. door gun on UH-1, gunner position on HMMWV with M2 etc)?

Hello Lads,

Our server dosent seem to be updating using Yoma Addon Sync, so the files won't update. Do you know of any other YAS Servers that we can try to link too?

Smuke.

Hello Lads,

Our server dosent seem to be updating using Yoma Addon Sync, so the files won't update. Do you know of any other YAS Servers that we can try to link too?

Smuke.

which version are you trying to update to?

the Hk416 has a m4 icon. Why? will you fix it?

File a ticket at DH in the ACE2 Bug Tracker.

Hi there ACE team.

I was wondering if you had any plans of adding a new jet aircraft to the blufor arsenal? Its just that with the addition of the su27 I thought you might have plans to release an f15 or something that is of a similar role to the su27...

Hi there ACE team.

I was wondering if you had any plans of adding a new jet aircraft to the blufor arsenal? Its just that with the addition of the su27 I thought you might have plans to release an f15 or something that is of a similar role to the su27...

we need Sukhoi T-50 for russia. USMC have F-35

we need Sukhoi T-50 for russia. USMC have F-35

Russia have only one t-50 and its prototype state without intended engines and weapon platform. :cool:

Edited by Danickas0

Russia have only one t-50 and its prototype state without intended engines and weapon platform. :cool:

i know but it would be cool. f-35 is too not in service. yet....

Well the KA's are in the game and Russia barely has those.

i know but it would be cool. f-35 is too not in service. yet....

well, the F35 is there because ACE team can't remove anything from vanilla ArmA2. Ain't I right?

Just don't use the F35 if you are seeking realism.

Same goes for Ka52s as well.

well, the F35 is there because ACE team can't remove anything from vanilla ArmA2. Ain't I right?

Just don't use the F35 if you are seeking realism.

Same goes for Ka52s as well.

why Ka-52? and Ka-50?

Excellent. Now the question I asked in this thread a few hours ago is completely buried by a deluge of off topic.

Edited by stun

Stun: No, you can activate them in the userconfig. No Crosshair is uncommented (//). Just add 2 slahes in front of that entry and crosshairs are back.

Just check the main page in this thread. Its all there. The userconfig holds a number of things that can be switched on/off.

I have an problem with the config files, especially with: "OUTDATED: userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp, ACE_serverconfig.hpp, ACE_Tracking.hpp, ace_keys.hpp".

How to update this files, the six updater seems to ignore them.:confused:

Stun: No, you can activate them in the userconfig. No Crosshair is uncommented (//). Just add 2 slahes in front of that entry and crosshairs are back.

Thanks Alex72. I have already done this. All crosshairs are working except for guns in vehicles. Do you have crosshairs when you are the door gunner of helicopters? Is this a deliberate feature? I have no idea how I am supposed to aim vehicle mounted weapons that don't have crosshairs or a working iron sight.

I have an problem with the config files, especially with: "OUTDATED: userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp, ACE_serverconfig.hpp, ACE_Tracking.hpp, ace_keys.hpp".

How to update this files, the six updater seems to ignore them.:confused:

copy and paste the new configfiles out of your @ACE folder into your main configfiles folder

ace stores the new ones into your @ACE folder

Damn, should have thought of that myself.

Thanks for the fast response.

It`s no good to sleep for more than 12 hours, you need many hours to wake up completely.:ill:

Didnt the last update accidentally delete the files from @ACE/userconfigs? atleast i have nothing in there :O