Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I think this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be better if ACE features like 'no AI radio chatter' were disabled by default, and you could enable it if you wanted to? Then everyone wouldn't be so confused when they first start using ACE and constantly come here and ask the same questions.

The no voice is probably set as it is becuase of old time habits. Most people back in ArmA turned the voices off with an addon. It was common practise because when your online playing tactically you get insane after a couple of minutes having the AI over talk your team mates.

However there is documentation on this as well as most other things. That people cant read a little bit to get updated is the biggest problem here. :)

And suggestions works best at the CIT mate. Check in my signature. I know its a bit of a hassle to go somewhere else and register, but you can get a big impact voicing your suggestions there. ;)

I think this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be better if ACE features like 'no AI radio chatter' were disabled by default, and you could enable it if you wanted to? Then everyone wouldn't be so confused when they first start using ACE and constantly come here and ask the same questions.

Or they could just take a few seconds to check for themselves. It's all mentioned right here. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

However there is documentation on this as well as most other things. That people cant read a little bit to get updated is the biggest problem here. :)

Damn right! ;)

The no voice is probably set as it is becuase of old time habits. Most people back in ArmA turned the voices off with an addon. It was common practise because when your online playing tactically you get insane after a couple of minutes having the AI over talk your team mates.

Oh, I have never played with AI and human teammates online. It's either with AI in single player or with teammates against AI online on our server. For SP I prefer to have radio sounds on so I don't miss any incoming messages.

Oh, I have never played with AI and human teammates online. It's either with AI in single player or with teammates against AI online on our server. For SP I prefer to have radio sounds on so I don't miss any incoming messages.

Actually i would like if ACE -if possible- could keep the SOM radio calls voiced like when they give you missions and all those arty calls etc. I might make a ticket of this but trying here first. Many might not use the SOM module but i think its a pretty good idea myself. If possible.

Hi guys i got a problem, whenever i start a mission some yellow words pop up saying that the Ace_Clientside, serverside, keys , and tracker are outdated, this has caused most custom keys to not work. Any suggestions?

Edit: Oh and updating doesn't work.

Hi guys i got a problem, whenever i start a mission some yellow words pop up saying that the Ace_Clientside, serverside, keys , and tracker are outdated, this has caused most custom keys to not work. Any suggestions?

Edit: Oh and updating doesn't work.

sounds like you forgot to copy and paste from "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\userconfig" to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE". Don't forget the Sixupdater only updates the original files... they do not update the files once you move them.. I hope that helps.

good luck

Edited by gonk

sounds like you forgot to copy and paste from "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\userconfig" to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE". Don't forget the Sixupdater only updates the original files... they do not update the files once you move them.. I hope that helps.

good luck

"Holy Crapola Batman" Thanks Mate

Ok this is a noob question, "everytime I go to save a new Key setup for the keys such as CQB sight adjustment, when I try to save it it says in notepad "access denied" ?????

What must I do in order for notepad to let me save a change in the Key folder? steps please thanks.

Ok this is a noob question, "everytime I go to save a new Key setup for the keys such as CQB sight adjustment, when I try to save it it says in notepad "access denied" ?????

What must I do in order for notepad to let me save a change in the Key folder? steps please thanks.

Are you running ACE2 while trying to save it?

That's one I've never heard before.

Make a new .hpp file in the notepad and copy n' paste your edited version over there. Make sure you "Save as.." and make the name ace_keys.hpp

Edited by Manzilla

Are you running ACE2 while trying to save it?

That's one I've never heard before.

Make a new .hpp file in the notepad and copy n' paste your edited version over there. Make sure you "Save as.." and make the name ace_keys.hpp

I had the same issue. All I did was drag the file to the desktop, edit it there, then save it. I then dragged it back to the userconfig folder and it worked = ).

If you are running Windows7 it may have something to do with ownership of the files. I had to turn off the Win7 permission stuff as it seemed to break many programs like Team Speak, TrackIR, and Arma2.

I am sure there is some way to set it up correctly, just have no interest in hunting down the fix.

Is there a way to setup claymores and POMZ already tripwired in the editor. To place ambushes for instance?

I didnt know what where to post this so you may see it a couple of places. The blacking out in airplanes is totally and completely unrealistic and has to be changed i cant fly anything anymore i blacked out climbing to altitude in a piper warrior when earlier today in real life when i flew my pa32 piper lance i climbed out at 100 and never felt anything plus i asked my friend f he was having problems and he cant even take off in a c-130 without this blacking out crap so please please fix this.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I didnt know what where to post this so you may see it a couple of places. The blacking out in airplanes is totally and completely unrealistic and has to be changed i cant fly anything anymore i blacked out climbing to altitude in a piper warrior when earlier today in real life when i flew my pa32 piper lance i climbed out at 100 and never felt anything plus i asked my friend f he was having problems and he cant even take off in a c-130 without this blacking out crap so please please fix this......

I didnt know what where to post this so you may see it a couple of places. The blacking out in airplanes is totally and completely unrealistic and has to be changed i cant fly anything anymore i blacked out climbing to altitude in a piper warrior when earlier today in real life when i flew my pa32 piper lance i climbed out at 100 and never felt anything plus i asked my friend f he was having problems and he cant even take off in a c-130 without this blacking out crap so please please fix this.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I didnt know what where to post this so you may see it a couple of places. The blacking out in airplanes is totally and completely unrealistic and has to be changed i cant fly anything anymore i blacked out climbing to altitude in a piper warrior when earlier today in real life when i flew my pa32 piper lance i climbed out at 100 and never felt anything plus i asked my friend f he was having problems and he cant even take off in a c-130 without this blacking out crap so please please fix this......

You have to raise a ticket here about that or they won't take any notice...

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

And i agree with you i have stopped flying planes due to that, also our guy who normally flies every mission we use air support never flies either as he can't stand it.. but i don't fly in real life so can't say if its realistic or not.

Edited by Cossack8559

What happened to the lock on capabilities of aircrafts? Hellfires, Mavericks, sidewinders, etc seem to have lost that option... Or, in the case of the AH1's: Lock but don't hit the target, instead they just go where you're pointing at at the time...

Edited by Flightster

What happened to the lock on capabilities of aircrafts? Hellfires, Mavericks, sidewinders, etc seem to have lost that option... Or, in the case of the AH1's: Lock but don't hit the target, instead they just go where you're pointing at at the time...

Mando Missiles. That's what you need.

Hey, I submitted the tent idea, I cant make a ticket on Devheaven, its fuckin up , can someone else do it please and submit the tent idea. im sure it will go down a right treat. To those it who said it would be pointless making a camp, alot of units make camps, The SAS for example create lying up positions which isnt exatcly a tent but its still a like a temporary foward operating base. And also, you cant put a backpack into a backpack, with a tent you , and all your mates, can put yours and their backpacks into one tent.Thanks

Stagler Out.

I never said it is pointless setting up a camp in real life, just that I can't see the reason for bringing along a tent in the game just to keep your stuff in when you want to leave it somewhere. You don't sleep or need protection from the elements in the game, which is why you'd bring a tent in RL.

But that's just my opinion, you've already had a few positive responses in this thread, so just submit the suggestion if you want to. If you have a problem registering on Devheaven or have another problem you might try to get some help here if you give the details of your problem.

quit the game first.

Posting to confirm I have just read 298 pages and 2 posts in one sitting. o_0

Sounds absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to get back home and give it a whirl over the weekend. Been waiting months for this!

Great work ACE team.

Look forward to more. Nouber Nou's stuff looks awesome.

Edited by TRexian
Never mind.

hello, said one question is how to disable the name of ia or player who appears automatically when you look?:eek: