Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

No Stamina Module - anyone knows how to activate it? I checked the ACE2 Features and didnt see any explanation there. I did the obvious things like placing it on the map and also tested synch it, but my guy still dropped from fatigue. Im testing something out and would need the no stamina during the tests.

Tested searching but got the whole ACE2 thread up...

Thanks.

Yeah Vking but vehicles like BRDM2 have only a mechanical turret so engine shouldn't go on , same for T72 wich has an electric engine for the turret.

Since you removed the commanders radar/threat indicator I presume you are going to add full BCS and rangefinder support?

@luckyhendrix: You need engine for power/hydraulics to turn turret.

Partially true, but some IFVs have Auxillary Power Unit for when they are not driving.

In case of M2 Bradley all the versions had it adn it's been actually switched for bigger APU unit lately because of the demand of the extended sensor arsenal.

In case someone was wondering - the grill atop of the M2A0 hull is the air intake, the grill more to the right is the exhaust of APU - the exhaust gasses are cooled and dispersed in order to reduce the signature.

Since you removed the commanders radar/threat indicator I presume you are going to add full BCS and rangefinder support?

Why do you presume that? Like a normal TC you use your eyes to spot any target. BI's ballisticComputer is still working along with canLock.

will be a CSW ?

Yes. We will use the "2-man carry"technique. One gets the tube and bipod, the other gets the base.

Thanks!

And yeah - really. The whole thread came up searching "No Stamina Module".

In the search menu under "Show results as" check Posts instead of Threads :)

I'm referring to the large radios (ACE_PRC119) that take up the backpack slot. Do they have a practical use in any mission, or are they just in place for mission designers to make use of?

Currently, ACE does not have an intrinsic use of radios. They are for mission makers. People like Xeno use them as a means to control access to certain support features in their missions.

The rucks listed differ in color and capacity. Because of the electronics inside, radio rucks are quite limited in free volume and heavy. The newer PRC-119 is MUCH lighter than the Vietnam-era PRC-77 though.

Let's talk about Rucks! :)

I love the ruck system in ACE and I use the RUSH pack most of the time. I see that there are many different types of assault rucks, are they all different or just graphics?

I've searched but haven't found an answer, but how do I preload ruck sacks in the mission editor? I've found the API in the wiki, but I'm apparently not using it right. In my unit's init field I put:

[TF141, "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD", 4] ace_sys_fnc_API_PackMagazine;

but keep getting "Missing ;" for in front of the ace_sys....

On the stamina effect - but not really a complaint, so much as an observation and potential issue with the intent to give helpful feedback. :)

The situation was that I was playing MP with DMarkwick last night testing some stuff, including ACE. He was hosting (and a gracious host, he was). I believe we both have the latest versions of CBA, as we both have mods that rely on it. :) At one point, we were about... I'd say 300m from some ammo boxes. I was carrying an M4+GL and a SMAW. I dropped the SMAW (and missiles) to run back to the ammo boxes to get a Stinger (we were get flybys by a Havoc). My gear screen said I was carrying 9 kg (basically the rifle/GL and a minimum of other equipment). As I got to the ammo boxes, I got the "blinking" effect. No big deal, I knelt to get the gear, and even rested a bit, then made my way back to the group.

And this brings me to the feedback part. I get right up to the group, and I didn't run most of the way back, as I could tell I was "tired" but then something basically made me collapse. I couldn't shoulder my rifle, I couldn't shoulder the Stinger, I couldn't crouch, I couldn't do anything but lie prone... in the open... with a Havoc buzzing us... and most likely enemy soldiers en route.

I then got this error:

JTDMP4.jpg

[edit]I forgot to look at the rpt for the error - I should still have it though, if it would be helpful. I can also ticket it if appropriate.[/edit]

It seemed like I was in an animation loop. I was stuck prone for longer than it took to run back and forth to the ammo crates! :)

It may have been a coincidence, but it didn't stop until DM sent a medic over to "heal" me of my "tiredness." (Anyone got a go-pill?)

Notwithstanding the error, it does seem like there would be a middle ground before completely falling down. And, that the effect shouldn't last as long as it did, unless that was because of the animation error.

(The conclusion of the story is that after I was able to shoulder the Stinger, I waited for the Havoc to pass over. As it was coming towards us, I fired the Stinger. The Havoc fired flares (very cool) but was hit. Pilots ejected. The Havoc turned into an unmanned missile and crashed directly into me! :doh: At that point, I thought perhaps it would've been better to wait for the Havoc to be flying AWAY from us....)

Anyway, this is not an attempt to whine about the exhaustion thing - just to provide feedback.

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] have set up an ace Yoma addon sync Repository from our @ACE server

Auto config url:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link: http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134&pid=591#post_591

Edited by G-Man-853

Tr; You shouldn't 'also' ticket it. You should simply ticket it. And leave it out of this thread, or at most, refer to it :)

Roger.

Just ticketing from now on. Upon reflection, since there was a 'real' error, I probably should've done that, regardless.

Sorry. :thumbs:

(DM and I did have a good time, though.) :)

Edit:

Hey - is the stamina value always going to be local to the player's machine? I have an idea....

Edited by TRexian

I'm referring to the large radios (ACE_PRC119) that take up the backpack slot. Do they have a practical use in any mission, or are they just in place for mission designers to make use of?

I think that radio allows the Artillery Operators slot in (ACE)Domination to call for Arty

This is what I am referring to, it takes a backpack slot like you described...I dont know if this item is the same as your PRC119

radio.jpg

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

With all this talk about the stamina, I just got to ask: is there any news whether you're going to revise the effect?

It remains annoying to no end to have sound abruptly cut. Being out of breath near a helicopter is hell on the ears. The wound effect (ie a pixel shader blur) is so much better even when your eyes bend from trying to focus.

With the first few releases of ACE2 I was able to access the M34 the same way you access any hand thrown grenade in Arma2. I can no longer access it however. Any ideas?

Is anyone else suddenly getting CBA initialisation issues? Whenever I try to review my mission now a second time having changed it in the editor then gone to preview, I get the CBA Initialising screen appearing and there I sit for the next 15 minutes or more as my HD goes ape!

Until I refreshed yesterday via Yoma, I have not had this problem before... any ideas chaps?

Oh and stamina.... Grrrrrrrr

Yesterday...I loaded a ruck on nightstrike with 35 KG's of gear... jogged roughly 500 metres...started blacking out... and not I was not running up Mount Everest at the time..... tried resting and yet the recovery process hardly does anything...I am then faced with blacking out pretty much constantly for the rest of the game... until we reach the objective of the tanks with me lagging far behind everyone with 4 satchel charges...

Get to the Tanks..to blow them up....cannot unpack the Assault Molle backpack... test it by packing my remaining stanags into the ruck, and try to unpack....NADA... pass the ruck around the entire squad...nada.. no one can get the equipment out of it...so now I have no ammo and no gear...so I drop the ruck and my rifle and run back toward the rearm barn...except I collapse after 200 metres with stamina issues...bear in mind I have no gear now....

It takes me 25 minutes to get back to the barn... I reload with gear 20KG's this time to be safe... get 100 metres outside of the barn and collapse.... Half an hour later I reach my teamates...

This is really starting to spoil ACE for me... and if I hear one more weener state that it is realistic for a soldier not to be able to jog 500 metres hell even 2 miles with full battle gear and 30KG's of pack.... they have clearly never served.... the stamina level is FAR too aggresive and the recovery time is not fast enough...lets not forget this is also a game as much as a sim and as such... we sometimes dont have an hour to sit to simply fully recover...

I love this mod...but the stamina level is absurd...

Edited by BD1

Not exactly sure what you mean, do they not show up when you hit the f key? Are they in the action menu for some reason?

bhaz,

I believe they can be setup with scripts so artillery, air support, etc can be called only when someone in the group has the radio on.

Edited by Manzilla

Not exactly sure what you mean, do they not show up when you hit the f key? Are they in the action menu for some reason?

No, the cycle weapons key does not show the M34, But if I take a standard frag grenade I can cycle to it. There is no option in the mouse wheel menu to use an M34. It used to show up and be used like any other grenade.