Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

someone acknowledge that im here please?

hey spike yes you are here...

@Sickboy

Did you guys remove the "clicking" sound when selecting like "Single Player" or "Editor"?

looks like you will have to wait for your ticket, I have replied there giving you details of how to get your logs

hey spike yes you are here...

@Sickboy

Did you guys remove the "clicking" sound when selecting like "Single Player" or "Editor"?

Strangely I am missing those sounds too...hahaha... thought it was a random error or something.

Sorry if it has been asked, but how can you make AI airplanes use their laser guided bombs?

So far so good, I would suggest fixing the userconfig deployment problem, most people that don’t understand the architecture of this game will report the same problems over and over.

Please...please...please...add a script so that when people join an ACE server...tell them that they need the ACE Mod when they have not got it.

It's soo annoying when they just keep on trying to connect using Vanilla! Thanks

Sorry if it has been asked, but how can you make AI airplanes use their laser guided bombs?

Get someone to las the target. That's what laser markers are for. Remember "Into the storm" in Harvest Red?

Please...please...please...add a script so that when people join an ACE server...tell them that they need the ACE Mod when they have not got it.

It's soo annoying when they just keep on trying to connect using Vanilla! Thanks

Arent players automatically kicked before they technically "join", ie before you can send messages too them?

I really dont think anything other than writing "ACE" in the mission name is required... I mean you'd think they get the hint ;)

@Banderas:

Point the target with laserdesignator and tell the AI pilot to fire, make sure the pilot is in your group... also make sure you use Harrier.

@Ville89

Thank you, but also sorry for not being exact on my question. I was thinking about how to make them use their LGB when planes are not part of my squad, but acting on their own.

@jasonnoguchi

Yes I remember, but I didn't figure out just yet how to use properly the ACE laserdesignator (I will somehow). And if I remember in that mission there were no Harrier LGBs but some kind of cruise missiles.

Maybe I'll try some air support script I'll find around.

Other: maybe it's not ACE related, but seemingly aircrafts tend to drop their freefall bombs too early. I don't know if it can be improved in ACE (wether or not it's vanilla problem), but if can then I'll make a ticket for it on dev-heaven.

what are the names of the blue targets that are shot at in the ace features videos? Are they a part of vanilla A2, are these added with ace mod or are these a completely seperate download? Im asking because i need something like this for a sniper school series of missions im making and i am getting sick of shooting blue plastic barrels lol. thanks

At all feedback, suggestions, requests, bug reports, "Did you guys".... http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

can i get an answer from somebody PLEASE?

ERROR:uninitialized constant six.

You can keep posting it every day, or you could actually read the replies and supply the required info.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7601

There is no answer without it.

I'm running XP x64 and the updater is giving me the "ERROR: No such file or directory - chcp" message.

I have done the instructions of moving the file from the System 32 directory and renaming it to "chcp.exe"

The file is now probably called chcp.exe.com (Reference: http://www.fileinfo.com/help/windows-show-extensions.html) please rename it properly to chcp.exe or follow up on http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Also please make sure you have the latest version installed, 0.4.8.

Edited by Sickboy

Ey Sickboy, thanks for portin RCO scope for rifle m4a1 (m203) i was happy to see it again, but, when i checked the rest two rifles of m4a1RCO and m4a1RCO silenced they are still use ACOG instead, do u guys mind change that too? for the last time now... and i won't be bother ya :) cheers.

I've searched this thread with no results so I'll post here. Is it possible to add the ACE fast rope feature to 3rd party addons and how would someone go about doing this?

Hello.. I have a problem..

In @ACE folder I have .version.txt-file and it shows ACE version is 204 BUT when Iam ingame a2 shows ace version 203.. I removed ace, acex & cba folders and downloaded files again but problem didn't disappear.

My a2 shortcut target: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -mod=;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@islands;@SOWMod

Six updater says cba version is 40, ace version 204 and acex version is 164 and no updates found.. What's teh problem...

For all issues, suggestions etc: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

Hello.. I have a problem..

In @ACE folder I have .version.txt-file and it shows ACE version is 204 BUT when Iam ingame a2 shows ace version 203.. I removed ace, acex & cba folders and downloaded files again but problem didn't disappear.

My a2 shortcut target: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -mod=;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@islands;@SOWMod

Six updater says cba version is 40, ace version 204 and acex version is 164 and no updates found.. What's teh problem...

Please clean your virtual store: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806

If that wasnt the problem, please check: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

EDIT: There has been some concrete developments thanks two community members and bandwidth issue is no longer a problem and we will continue to update YAS AddonSync ACE Repository as usual. More info here -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1534219&postcount=851

In the light of the above development, NO donations/funds are needed regarding KH ACE & Community YAS Repository.

Regards,

Cross

--------------------------------

Dear Community Members using Kelly's Yoma AddonSync ACE Repository,

There are approximately 3000 of you out there !

It has been a pleasure to serve you the ACE YAS Repository. Unfortunately we are at a decision point as Kellys Heroes, whether to 1) keep the Repository Public 2) Stop it or 3) Limit it.

And it all depends on you !

I'll give you some info and you'll get the idea;

KH normal (pre-ACE) traffic was 1TB a month

KH free Bandwidth limit is 3TB

Everything over 3TB is charged to KH.

Number of people using KH YAS ACE Repository is 2890...approx 3000 people.

December bandwidth usage was 6TB (ie extra 5TB over KH normal usage and 3TB over our free limit)

There is a min of 200 GB daily traffic which ensures we hit 6TB every month now.

The overcharge for every extra 1TB over 3TB traffic is £20+VAT.

We were charged(and will be charged) more than £60 extra each month.

Here is the usage data per month and see the December 2009

UsageData.JPG

Here are the more detailed weekly/monthly & annual traffic charts.

PastWeek.pngPastMonth.pngPastYear.png

At Kelly's Heroes there is nothing we are gaining from this traffic and we'd like to keep it that way.

We'd like to keep supporting ACE-Mod and possibly additional selective islands/mods.

We'd like to keep an ad-free site & forum environment.

We believe it is NOT fair to ask KH members to pay for the community & ACE related extra charges.

We'd like to keep a certain level of quality in everything we do.

Now, the main question...

We have 3 options;

1) Stop & remove the KH ACE YAS Repository - This is the easiest way, we won't need your support. You will no longer be able to use KH YAS Repository to download/update ACE mod. It will be for KH members only.

2) Limit the public access to YAS Repo so that we do not exceed free 3TB traffic - Again we will not need your support but the download speed & quality will be horrible, and actually we do not want to do this. Most of you will get max-user-reached errors most of the time. It will just frustrate you and us.

3) Keep the YAS repository up with donations of these 3000 people, who continually use Kellys ACE YAS repository, covering the extra traffic cost. We as KH are happy to give our free 3TB to the use of the community but we cannot continue paying extra £s. At least 70 of you should donate £1 each month. Or 25 of you donate £3 each month.

So for this month choice is yours.

We'd like to see your donations & supports, to cover the extra traffic charges, and we'll be able to keep the ACE YAS Public as much as we can. We, as KH, always keep & post the list of donators & the donated amounts and the account balance in a transparent manner. Target is to raise £70-£80 each month to cover extra ACE traffic.

Otherwise, I am really sorry to tell you this but, if we do not receive any specific donations when we hit the 2TB mark in the month we'll need to remove the Kellys ACE-YAS repository from public access.

We cannot put this burden on the shoulders of KH Members. They've already paid an extra £60 for you. Of course you can always use other mirrors that are out there.

Kellys ArmA2 ACE Public Server will always be updated to latest and it will be accessible to all of you guys, as usual.

I hope you understand our position.

You can find the PayPal Donation link on our front page http://www.kellys-heroes.eu

Make sure You add Your Name and KH-ACE-YAS to the additional instructions box.

You can see the account balance and usage here -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2401&p=28897#p28897

You can see the donators here -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1726

As I said, unless there is public support toward covering the extra charges, we'll be taking the ACE-YAS Repo OFFLINE. There are still other YAS providers out there and of course the official distribution tool the six-updater.

Regards,

MERT

Edited by Cross

I wanted to know if bugs with the nightvision brightness controls, HDR and daytime brightness is a known issue?

Also a bug where you loose options for things like IR Strobe, Balaclava etc after using the parachute? - have yet to confirm this one.

These where on Ace domination.

As I said, unless there is public support toward covering the extra charges, we'll be taking the ACE-YAS Repo OFFLINE. There are still other YAS providers out there and of course the official distribution tool the six-updater.

Regards,

MERT

Thanks to guys like you we always have an updated version of the mod.

BUT

You shouldn't take this out on the players only. Daily updates from the ACE Team ( which are ok but very annoying to lots of players for a longer period of time ) causes a lot of traffic. I am sure everyone is grateful for their work.

Maybe the update mayhem should be limited to once a month and not once ore multiple times a week...

The mod seems to be running quite good atm.

Just a thought.

BUT

You shouldn't take this out on the players only. Daily updates from the ACE Team ( which are ok but very annoying to lots of players for a longer period of time ) causes a lot of traffic. I am sure everyone is grateful for their work.

Maybe the update mayhem should be limited to once a month and not once ore multiple times a week...

Just a thought.

The current mishmash of versions on people's machines is a direct result of the fluid beta status of the mod. As soon as the mod is out of beta, there will be a standard release that everyone can install and be compatible. And so on for each milestone release I expect.

Thanks a lot Cross (KH) for all the service you guys do and have done!

It was a little expected and (at least for me) very much underlines why the Updater Platform was built in the first place. :)

BUT

Just a thought.

Which is exactly why we deploy the mod on the Six Updater platform:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Examples

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/274

Besides, you are using a Beta Mod, with a set Update Schedule.

1.00 will be available as a normal mod release (Even Beta1 and Beta2 are available as 7z's), but even beyond 1.00 we will continue development.

Our update schedule and plans have even been announced beforehand and at every release too.

Without wanting to sound harsh at all, but if you know you don't want to update all the time; why are people using / updating it, if they don't want to :)

Edited by Sickboy